Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2014, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Here's my deal:

24,000 Points or 2 Free Night(s)
Complete 5 of 6 offers and earn 24,000 bonus points or 2 free nights

10,000 Stay more
Stay 9 night(s) at any of IHG’s 4,700 hotels worldwide

20,800 Explore our brands
Stay at 5 brands

5,600 Weekender
Stay 3 Saturdays at any of our IHG hotel brands

2,000 Bonus Points Package Reward
Book 1 stays using the Bonus Points Package with breakfast rate to earn more points faster.

8,600 Download and book on the IHG App
Download and sign in to the IHG App and book a stay. The IHG App allows you to get mobile-exclusive rates, access your virtual membership card and more.

11,200 Globertrotter
Travel 3 time(s) internationally.

Not going to even try and do it this time, my Autumn travel profile just does not fit with this. Plus, places I will go to (such as Mallorca or Gran Canaria) have absolutely no IHG properties.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 9:34 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
You get 34,200 points for a single app stay???
Amazing, I know... I may manage some of the other tasks as well, but that won't bring too many points compared to this one night...

HTB.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 9:35 am

Programs: KLM, UA, Emirates, Marriotts
Originally Posted by Artemk
There are quite a few people reporting the same. peacestar called customer service and was told to check back after Sep 12th.
They emailed me 'any time now'. 12 September, that's quite a wait. Another weekend gone...
Old Sep 5, 2014, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by LowlySpartan
Yeah. That does seem weird. What carrier are you on? I'm on VZW.

*Edit* I'm assuming you're in the US. If not, change your country code. Also, I don't think they have a Windows app.
T-Mobile windows phone.

They don't have a windows app, hence my trying to figure out whether a booking made on a laptop through the mobile booking site would suffice.

I find it hard to believe that the same company that doesn't have the IT infrastructure in place to properly post stays, has the capability of knowing that the number wasn't an android/iphone device and thus didn't send a text
Old Sep 5, 2014, 10:34 am

21,000 Points or 2 Free Night(s)
Complete 4 of 5 offers and earn 21,000 bonus points or 2 free nights
• 8,000 Stay more
Stay 4 night(s) at any of IHG’s 4,700 hotels worldwide Terms
• 3,200 Book with IHG
Book 2 stays directly on the ihg.com web/mobile sites or IHG App Terms
• 100 Take our survey
Take our survey. We want to hear what you think. Terms
• 2,000 Bonus Point Package Reward
Book 1 stays using the Bonus Points Package with breakfast rate to earn more points faster. Terms
• 36,000 Travel Well
Stay at an EVEN® hotel in Norwalk, CT or Rockville, MD Terms

If I understand correctly, the survey counts as 1 of the 4. So I would only need 2 nights, 1 of which with the breakfast package and 1 of which at the Even Hotel in Rockville, MD (I live in DC)

Do Govt Rates qualify? I've never done it but it seems like it should.

Are the two free nights good at any IHG brand hotel? Do they expire after a certain time period?

Last edited by ibleed0range; Sep 5, 2014 at 11:04 am
Old Sep 5, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Keyser
i finally managed to sign in & see my offer....took me 2 days to do so but it finally worked....
How did u manage? I have still not been able to log in.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 10:38 am

10,000 miles or 2 free nights with 5 of 5. (My account was set for miles earning, from way back in the USAirways Grand Slam days, which should tell you that I never stay at IHG.)

500 Stay 3 nights at any IHG
500 Book with IHG.com or mobile 2 stays
500 Weekender 2 Saturday stays at any brand
500 Change your view 2 stays at Holiday Inn
250 Download the app

Does anyone know from prior promos whether a stay booked at ihg.com will credit if booked through a cashback site?
Old Sep 5, 2014, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by the hotel bar
T-Mobile windows phone.

They don't have a windows app, hence my trying to figure out whether a booking made on a laptop through the mobile booking site would suffice.
The promo says you have to download the new* app, not just book with it. And unlike the Big Win winter/spring 2014 so-called "mobile booking" task (which listed several options, including the mobile web site), the T&Cs for this one don't list anything other than the mobile app.

I bet their excuse on "I don't have a compatible phone" this time around is "well, you get your choice of which task not to complete, so don't complete this one and complete all the others".

*It's a newer app than before, even less compatible with older phones. On Android, in the previous promo that app was for Android 2.3 and above, now the app they want you to download is for Android 4.0 and above. So, similarly, anyone who has Android but only an older version of Android on their device (common on cheaper Android phones because the older version requires less costly hardware) is similarly out of luck.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by jms_uk
Do we know if HIX is also considered HI for the purpose of this promotion?
Holiday Inn Express is a distinctly separate brand, which won't count for 'Holiday Inn' requirements - all other property variants with Holiday Inn as part of the name should be fine.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I bet their excuse on "I don't have a compatible phone" this time around is "well, you get your choice of which task not to complete, so don't complete this one and complete all the others".
I have the app task and don't have the option of skipping any tasks, for what it's worth.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by durberville
Are bookings made prior to the promotion, but completed during the promotion period, eligible?
Base on my previous experience with the BIG WIN my answer was no.

I spent Sept 3 night cancelling 3 bookings and rebooked them after registering for this promo.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by durberville
Are bookings made prior to the promotion, but completed during the promotion period, eligible?
No
Old Sep 5, 2014, 12:25 pm

Do reward nights count in the promotion?
Old Sep 5, 2014, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Holiday Inn Express is a distinctly separate brand, which won't count for 'Holiday Inn' requirements - all other property variants with Holiday Inn as part of the name should be fine.
I called IHG customer service and a stay at any of the IHG brands qualifies. My offer was "Stay at 2 Holiday Inn hotels".
Old Sep 5, 2014, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Do reward nights count in the promotion?
When I called IHG customer service they said award nights do not count. However, I am wondering if Points plus cash count? Customer service said no but I swear I remember reading somewhere that they recently started points plus cash as qualifying for promotion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.