Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Someone else using my account - stays showing up in 'upcoming reservations' !!?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2014, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IB Platino

Hi,

Would appreciate advice. Couple days ago a booking appeared in my upcoming reservations at Holiday Inn Shepperton - not made by me (I have no upcoming stays at the moment). I couldnt view the booking details online as it was made directly at the hotel, but the guest had the same name as me. It appeared to be a paid stay as points balance unaffected.

I called priority club, they cancelled the reservation under the assumption that I made it and no longer required it (I did raise a concern but they didn't seem too bothered). The cancellation notice was emailed to me. I also changed my email address and pin number in case the account may have been hacked.

The reservation was due for today so lo and behold the guest must have turned up at the hotel. It is yet again on my upcoming reservations and the 300 welcome bonus points have already been posted (I am a gold member).

Do I need to be worried about this? Is this a cock up at the hotel? Who should I speak to? I have previously made a reservation at the hotel 6 months ago with points, but cancelled due to change of travel plans.

Thanks
James
Old Jun 30, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
You have done what you can...
at this point I would let it ride for a while
before trying to fix anything again.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IB Platino
Ok. My main concern was that I have my company credit card saved on the account etc. , and if the mystery guest trashed the room and they somehow charged me the bill!
Old Jun 30, 2014, 1:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Just enjoy the points. It happens once in a while. I noticed someone recently who had booked a club room at IC Shanghai Puxi. They were upgraded to a VERY nice suite (better than I have received, but I've never booked club there ), due to my RA status, so they had a fantastic upgrade and I received the points and qualified nights.

Regarding your CC, they can't charge it without your consent. This is quite common I would say.

Last edited by johhenrik; Jun 30, 2014 at 1:57 pm Reason: Spelling errors due to too many drinks in the club lounge at IC Park Lane ;)
Old Jun 30, 2014, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by johhenrik

Regarding your CC, they can't charge it without your consent. This is quite common I would say.

They can and do charge incorrectly to credit cards on profile - how easy it is to get it corrected is variable.

An example:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...servation.html
Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:40 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Seems like a win-win situation to me. You get the night and points, he gets the upgrade/perks/freebies (if any for Gold...)
Old Jul 1, 2014, 5:03 am
Suspended

Programs: PC Plat, HH Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold
It happen to me I made a reservation trough OTA not directly with IHG, but my father slept in this hotel before - and they applied his acc no to my reservation = same name
Old Jul 1, 2014, 5:35 am

Happens to me all the time (as I have a fairly common name) - the reservations usually disappear on the day of check-in, I guess when the real person checks in and notices that my address is on their registration form. I think I have only ever actually got any points credited once.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Hasn't happened to me yet.

Maybe I should change my name to John Smith and see if I get points for someone else's stays?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.