Wiki Posts
Search

Hix taichung park, taiwan

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2008, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, DL
Hix taichung park, taiwan

I will be staying at the HIX Taichung Park in two weeks. What should I expect? This hotel was renovated in 08 but there are no club rooms.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by fly2w
I will be staying at the HIX Taichung Park in two weeks. What should I expect? This hotel was renovated in 08 but there are no club rooms.
Club rooms in a Holiday Inn Express ??
Old Nov 13, 2008, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Club rooms in a Holiday Inn Express ??
I have never been to a HIX. I guess you live and learn.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 10:27 am

Programs: DL 1MM, UA 1K, PC Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marrott Silver
I have not been to the Taichung HIX but you can check out my review of the TaoYuan HIX at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=883885
I would expect that they would be similar.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by youngbru
I have not been to the Taichung HIX but you can check out my review of the TaoYuan HIX at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=883885
thanks.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by youngbru
Thanks again. I just got back from my stay at the hotel. This hotel is in a commercial building and HIX occupies about 5 floors. The rooms were clean and pretty much the way you described it. Not much going on around the hotel. They gave a gift (tea) at check in to all priority club members and they gave me a park view room for being plat.

Last edited by fly2w; Dec 16, 2008 at 7:56 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 16, 2008, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

deleted

Last edited by fly2w; Dec 16, 2008 at 7:55 pm Reason: error
Old May 10, 2009, 12:21 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
I just made an internet reservation at this property. Can anybody confirm if parking is validated? It shows a single day use of the garage for NT$720 (~$20 USD). Thanks.
Old May 10, 2009, 8:43 am

Programs: AA lifetime GOLD, but still an AA Baby compare to people here. CX nobody. BR Silver.
I booked a reward room with park view in Feb 09. Nice room.Although it says NT720 for parking, the HIX did offer me free parking.
Old May 22, 2009, 9:55 am

Short Review of this hotel

I was in the area to see some friends and this maybe the only hotel in Taichung, Taiwan with some sort of way to get points.

Initial Appearance- A nice clean look, the HIX here is connected with a shopping center. Windows are cleaned, the lobby is flanked with some colorful couches on the left and a small business center on the right (or two computers and some printers).

Check In- A young gentleman checked my reservation number, checked me in, asked for payment. A lady next to him presented me with a gift of tea enclosed in a package. All of this took 5-7 mins. Sufficient English. Very efficient. Nobody to help you with your luggage. I did not have much luggage but it is DIY at this hotel.

Room- 509, Small, but not claustrophobic. Flat screen TV, firm but not hard bed. There were two pillows, one soft the other hard (even placards denoting as such). A small couch next to the bed. I notice first hand that traffic noise outside is borderline annoying, the window masks no noise of any sort. A small iPod dock alarm clock is next to the bed, very nice.

Bathroom- Unusual opening door. The basin was very large. The whole shower area was unique in that it was almost a pod, protruding into the room. Perfectly clean, no flaws from housekeeping whatsoever. Showerhead sufficient water pressure.

Surroundings- This HIX is located in the heart of Taichung city and next to Taichung Park. Besides the Park, not much else doing on this side of town. No discernible restaurants within a short walk. Did not trouble me as I had friends picking me up.

Sleep- As previously mentioned, the outside noise is somewhat annoying and I must use the air conditioning to sleep in order to provide some consistent noise covering the road noise outside.

Climate control- The worst part of the room. Maybe I got a bad room but at one point I got up in the middle of the night to adjust. There were two arrows up/down on the control and I pressed up to about 24 deg C. I wake up in the morning at 9 AM hot. The climate control showed a temp reading of 29 deg C (!). I had to take a second shower in the morning.

Breakfast- Buffet of cold items, a few cereals, grape sugary drink (no orange juice, imitaition or 100%). Some hot items upon request from a cafeteria like lineup. The eating area was located inside the shopping mall area roped off from the stores.

Other- Interstingly enough, housekeeping did not say hello to passersby.

Overall- Very new property located in a slightly odd location, nice room, fussy climate control (just don't press up I guess).
Old May 22, 2009, 4:41 pm
formerly jasperjugan

Programs: DL SkyMiles Gold Medallion, Marriott Rewards Gold Elite, A|Club Gold, PR Mabuhay Miles Base Member
thanks for the taichung property review. pretty much who are the target audience of this property?
Old May 23, 2009, 4:46 am

Programs: BA/A3 Gold/SPG Plat
Quick photo report in HIX Taichung on my Flickr!
Old May 23, 2009, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by jasperjugan
thanks for the taichung property review. pretty much who are the target audience of this property?
Definite business and 18-40 crowd. Although, I will add that many people here, in my opinion, will go to the higher end hotels in the area because they don't stay at a hotel for a no frills experience.
Old May 27, 2009, 4:40 pm

the noodle soup looks really good.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 3:55 am

the windows in Taiwan aren't made to mask any noise, there are the cheapest you can get, even brand new expensive buildings use them. Always take ear plugs for hotels in Taiwan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.