Search

Long Stay Question - new to IHG

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2013, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat (life gold);UA 1K; IC Plat Amb
Long Stay Question - new to IHG

Hi,

Sorry if this is addressed, but I am trying to get used to IHG and still don't know the ropes.

I have a 28 night stay coming up in the Middle East at an InterContinental and if I am reading the IHG webpage correctly I will only earn 2000 points? Is that right?

Checking in and out is not an option.

Any advice or clarification would help.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by fraz2007
Hi,

Sorry if this is addressed, but I am trying to get used to IHG and still don't know the ropes.

I have a 28 night stay coming up in the Middle East at an InterContinental and if I am reading the IHG webpage correctly I will only earn 2000 points? Is that right?

Read 'em and weep.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ad-merged.html
Old Aug 30, 2013, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP IC RA Marriott Plat
Unfortunately this is correct. But you will get any other bonus offers that you are eligible for, such as ambassador accelerator, etc.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 1:24 am

Location: MEL, PER, PBO, occasionally ships, oil rigs and other places that no sane human being should ever find themselves
Programs: IHG RA, PC Plat, QF Plat/LTS
I recently extended a stay at an IC that I had already been at for a few days. The admin girl in the Club Lounge gave me two options. She said that she was happy to extend the stay on the current booking OR she would create a new booking, which would result in another 4000 points (Plat RA). The only catch was that I would have to settle the bill and get my key recoded on the day.

The only way (other than promo points) that you'll get more than the 2,000 points is if they break the trip up into multiple bookings for you. If the points are that important, you may want to speak to the GM and see if they can work something out but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 1:26 am

Location: MEL, PER, PBO, occasionally ships, oil rigs and other places that no sane human being should ever find themselves
Programs: IHG RA, PC Plat, QF Plat/LTS
If you're staying in Dubai, another option would be to bounce back and forth between the two ICs. They're less than a kilometre away from each other.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 1:46 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Hi,

1)You saying getting used to IHG so i read that as saying you have neither IHG Rewards Platinum Status or for IC's have yet purchased 'Ambassador' ?

2)If so you really need to purchase Ambassdor for us$200 and signup up for Ambassdor Accelerator (Promo). Ambassador gives ihg gold elite so ensures free internet throughout the ihg brand.

At IC's Ambassador provides 1-level guaranteed room upgrade. Allows joining bonus accelerator which for every 15nights gives you 20k points bonus, so 1333/night extra. (although you will get just 20k, with second 20k waiting on two more IC nights)

3)You could hotel hop daily as each stay is 2k. Limited worth hopping weekly as just extra 8k in your stay. However might be nice to hop if another neaby IC to see if you prefer their rooms, restaurant, club lounge.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 3:24 pm

Hi,

Three things you should do.

1. Get the credit card. You'll get enhanced IHG points with the card.

2. Purchase Ambassador status. Inquire of the hotel in advance what they'll do for you if you buy it from them.

3. Sign up for Ambassador accelerator. Try code 1878

Last edited by bearvest; Sep 1, 2013 at 3:35 pm Reason: Ambassador Accelerator code

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.