FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Reward night points increase again?! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1479143-reward-night-points-increase-again.html)

GordonGordon Jun 24, 2013 10:34 pm

Reward night points increase again?!

I'm checking the reward night for IC Moorea and IC Tahiti, few days ago the reward night points was only 25,000 pts for IC Moorea and 30,000 for IC Tahiti, but now both properties show 40,000 pts per night!

Any other IC properties have increased the redemption rate?

jtalstad Jun 25, 2013 12:56 am

I'm seeing that too
:(

TallestHotelInJapan Jun 26, 2013 4:06 pm

R i d i c u l o u s

hayek Jun 26, 2013 9:38 pm

The last change in reward night policy included the possibility to dynamically price reward nights. Meaning that the same hotel can charge different amount of points depending on its booking situation.

I guess you just waited to long to book and prices went up in the mean time. I can't see anything outrageous here.

scubaccr Jun 26, 2013 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by hayek (Post 20996778)
The last change in reward night policy included the possibility to dynamically price reward nights. Meaning that the same hotel can charge different amount of points depending on its booking situation.

I guess you just waited to long to book and prices went up in the mean time. I can't see anything outrageous here.

Hotel gets set compensation from IHG independent of points per night. I don't see hotel increasing reward points needed.

Only IHG corporate cares, when occupancy is over 95% then IHG have to cough up a higher fee to hotel.

And I too must have missed this dynamic points pricing statement you are referring to. If this is the case, surely other dates are still at 25/30k not the new 40k?

soitgoes Jun 26, 2013 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by hayek (Post 20996778)

No. Hotels are assigned point categories by IHG--they can change at any time, but they aren't "dynamic".

DuMaInSin Jun 27, 2013 5:21 am

IC Moorea went down from 30K to 25K in Januari. So it's quite surprising to see that they have increased in to 40K now....

bmttokyo Jun 27, 2013 8:33 pm

Booked IC Athens on points 2 months ago at 30K now showing at 50K.

iggyray Jun 27, 2013 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by bmttokyo (Post 21003287)
Booked IC Athens on points 2 months ago at 30K now showing at 50K.

Hehe, you might be willing to rebook at 5000 now :)

mitpat474 Jun 28, 2013 2:28 am

Originally Posted by iggyray (Post 21003719)
Hehe, you might be willing to rebook at 5000 now :)

Indeed whilst there is availability, I have done 5 nights.

docklander Jun 28, 2013 3:29 am

2 years ago i went to the IC Manza (Okinawa) and it was 30k
Last year 40k
This year 50k

Still a bargain compared to cash but it's becoming a bit excessive

Sydfly Jul 1, 2013 4:57 am

Can't believe this unannounced change! Does anyone know what happens if you want to shorten a stay that's already logged in at the old rate? Will they allow this?

I have made a tentative booking at IC Tahiti but wasn't sure of the exact dates and now I need to shorten it by one day. Teaches me again not to wait with these award bookings as they change the program at will...:mad:

WilcoRoger Jul 1, 2013 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Sydfly (Post 21019960)
Teaches me again not to wait with these award bookings as they change the program at will...:mad:

And it should also teach you to make one night bookings for each reward night for stays you are unsure about.

hhoope01 Jul 1, 2013 5:26 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger (Post 21020002)
And it should also teach you to make one night bookings for each reward night for stays you are unsure about.

And maybe even do it when you are sure about it (as plans can quickly change sometimes.) :eek:

Raffles Jul 1, 2013 5:30 am

Originally Posted by hhoope01 (Post 21020041)
And maybe even do it when you are sure about it (as plans can quickly change sometimes.) :eek:

Indeed. Last week I had to shorten a 2 day Indigo stay for my parents in law to 1 day. I got whacked for an extra 5,000 points for the remaining day.