Tel +81 6-6374-5700

Link to Hotel
http://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/...ha/hoteldetail
www.icosaka.com/en/

Upgrade policy
according to this post by Raynyan, the hotel upgrades as following:

Rewards Club Members
Club Member/Gold: No upgrade
Platinum/Spire: One level upgrade depends on availability (Basically same to non-RA Ambassadors)

Ambassadors
#At least guaranteed as below, Club is not given for Non-Club category booking
Superior to Deluxe
Deluxe to Deluxe View
Deluxe View to Suite
Suite to Corner Suite
Corner Suite to same room with Suite rate

Club Room (Club Deluxe) to Club Deluxe View
Club Deluxe View to Club Suite
Club Suite to Club Corner Suite
Club Corner Suite to Executive Suite (or same room + 10000pts, Depends on availability)
Executive Suite to Deluxe Suite (or same room + 10000pts, Depends on availability)
Deluxe Suite to same room with Executive Suite rate

One Bedroom Superior Residence to One Bedroom Deluxe Residence
One Bedroom Deluxe Residence to Same Room + 10000pts
Two Bedroom Superior Residence to Two Bedroom Deluxe Residence
Two Bedroom Deluxe Residence to Two Bedroom Premium Residence (or same room + 10000pts, Depends on availability)
Two Bed Room Premium Residence to same room with Two Bed Room Deluxe Residence rate

Royal Ambassador
Superior to Club Deluxe View
Deluxe to Club Suite
Deluxe View to Club Corner Suite

RA should not book Suite and Club Room
Both Deluxe Suite and Executive Suite are exception of two level upgrade.

Corner Suite to Executive Suite (or same room +10000pts, Depends on availability)
Executive Suite to Deluxe Suite (or same room + 10000pts, Depends on availability)
Deluxe Suite to same room with Executive Suite rate

RA will be given Club access for all of Residence Room with one level upgrade.
No across the Bedroom category. (No upgrade from One Bedroom to Two Bedroom)
No upgrade to Three Bedroom Residence.
Print Wikipost

IC Osaka (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by citygourmande
Has anyone stayed here on an Ambassador Weekend Certificate?

I booked one for January 2018 and the first night rate showing in My Upcoming Reservations is different to the one I had during the booking process. I've printed a copy of the reservation showing the original rate and will bring it with me to Osaka, but I'm just wondering if I need to or will they have the original rate on the system.
I've stayed using the certificate before. The booking shows the average rate of the nights but you only need to pay the first night's original rate.

Also, it's either they are changing the categories or there's just a rename of categories. As mentioned before can't find 1 Bedroom suite on any dates anymore and my booking for next year (after being upgraded to Premium Suite) now says Premium King Room. Not sure what that is as it's not a category I can see when searching to make a normal booking.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 8:57 pm

Hey all,

New guy here. I booked a couple nights at the IC Osaka for a trip to Japan using points + cash as a Platinum non Ambassador member.

I noticed that originally the room that was shown as booked was the "Intercontinental Room"... and then is now showing as "Superior Double Room".

From what I have read in the previous posts, is it somewhat certain that this could change once I check in on the actual day? And is "Intercontinental Room" their most base room and below Superiors? Any feedback is appreciated, thanks everyone.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by JSN723
Hey all,

New guy here. I booked a couple nights at the IC Osaka for a trip to Japan using points + cash as a Platinum non Ambassador member.

I noticed that originally the room that was shown as booked was the "Intercontinental Room"... and then is now showing as "Superior Double Room".

From what I have read in the previous posts, is it somewhat certain that this could change once I check in on the actual day? And is "Intercontinental Room" their most base room and below Superiors? Any feedback is appreciated, thanks everyone.
“Intercontinental rooms“ and “Superior rooms” seem to be in the same category as ”Deluxe rooms” on 21st to 26th floors in terms of room rate. I think you will be upgraded to “Deluxe View room” based on the availability. The only difference is the direction of the room. Deluxe rooms are located on the north and south side, which face the tall building. The view from “Deluxe View rooms” is not that great, but nothing blocks the view.
FLYGVA and JSN723 like this.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 3:55 pm

Does this property typically give out a bottle of (red) wine for (gold/plat) ambassador as welcome amenity?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by zqsn5678
Does this property typically give out a bottle of (red) wine for (gold/plat) ambassador as welcome amenity?
Not to my knowledge.
I did not get a bottle of wine, when I stayed there two weeks ago as Spire Ambassador.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:23 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
typically, no. sometimes, yes.
We stay there quite a bit and have gotten various things from them. Tea is most useful and have received a bottle of bubbly or 2 in the past, which is also good. Once in a while, we get crackers.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:13 pm

Hmm, so I am looking at the upgrades and cost that they are offering me for my stay in a couple days and noticed they have one for a 1 bedroom Deluxe for about 6400 yen (58 dollars or so). Is that a one bedroom suite? The picture shows it with a kitchen. And would that be worth it from going from a points stay with a currently showing “superior double room? Thanks all!

Last edited by JSN723; Nov 1, 2017 at 6:56 pm
Old Nov 2, 2017, 1:53 am

I seriously doubt that they would only charge about 6k yen for a suite upgrade for a reward night. Most likely this is just the deluxe room.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by 336
I seriously doubt that they would only charge about 6k yen for a suite upgrade for a reward night. Most likely this is just the deluxe room.
This is the description on the upgrade. Also says 775-797 sq feet.

"The room features a fully equipped kitchen and 1 king bed.
Enjoy the beautiful view of the city and river from the comfort of your room.
Laundry and dryer machine are available for your convenience. "
Old Nov 7, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by r0m8470
It is a very nice IC, much better than IC at Seoul Co-ex. The toiletries, IMO, are of better quality than the ones at Conrad Tokyo
How does it compare to IC Strings and IC Tokyo though? Will be in Japan for sakura period, can book two nights in ICs for points (actually booked one at IC Tokyo and one at IC Strings so far). Availability on points at IC Osaka seems very poor, but I may still get a non-weekend night there, if it's much better IC.

I have been to the property itself recently (didn't stay, just was passing by and decided to go up and ask about their Amb upgrade policies), and while the lobby looked really nice, location in my view is rather inconvenient. Can't understand their sky-high prices, given there is a much more conveniently located St Regis that sells for the same or lower price.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:02 am

InterContinental Osaka is one of the best ICs. The Tokyo ones are rather poor imo.

Except maybe InterContinental ANA Tokyo IF you have a nice room and club lounge (never going to happen on a reward stay).

Strings is a decent business hotel. Not bad. Nothing more. But on a reward night you would not be doing yourself favor here.
kaka, cazane and barracuda93 like this.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by 336
InterContinental Osaka is one of the best ICs. The Tokyo ones are rather poor imo.
Except maybe InterContinental ANA Tokyo IF you have a nice room and club lounge (never going to happen on a reward stay).
Strings is a decent business hotel. Not bad. Nothing more. But on a reward night you would not be doing yourself favor here.
Hmmm. I have seen few times here an opposite opinion on ANA vs Strings, but whatever.

Could you please say in few words what is great about IC Osaka? I won't have club access (not a RA) and can stay there only on points. (Even if I decide to throw ridiculous amount of cash for a single night, I'd rather book SR there.)

Would you recommend it, given these conditions? Finally, I can skip ICs in Japan altogether and use points for IC in Bangkok or for points breaks if they ever again include some nice properties. Not really interested to spend time at yet another business hotel
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:58 pm

Have not stayed at ICs in Tokyo but I was very happy with my stay at IC Osaka last week.

Upgraded to a spacious corner room from lowest category (2 paid 1 reward) last week. Bathroom was large with a tub. Everything else was better than expected.

A large number or department stores, transportation hubs and restaurants were all linked to the hotel or a within 10 minutes by foot.

Note: I choose IC Osaka over ICs in Tokyo purely base on the images/review sites I found on internet of the basic rooms.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:52 am

Have not stayed at ICs in Tokyo but I was very happy with my stay at IC Osaka last week.

Upgraded to a spacious corner room from lowest category (2 paid 1 reward) last week. Bathroom was large with a tub. Everything else was better than expected.

A large number or department stores, transportation hubs and restaurants were all linked to the hotel or a within 10 minutes by foot.

Note: I choose IC Osaka over ICs in Tokyo purely base on the images/review sites I found on internet of the basic rooms.
Sounds promising, though attitude might be better when stay is paid and longer.
I will consider cancelling one IC in Tokyo in favor of IC Osaka, though sadly there is zero availability for my dates now (29 March–10 April). Still can use it some other time though, Japan is near.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:27 pm

I would say the IC Osaka is one of my favourite IC properties globally - the service is always impeccable and the rooms always makes you feel like you're just comfortable. We go to Osaka at least once a year and it's my go to in terms of the hotel - can see my photos during my visits here:

https://buddhaexplores.com/2017/09/1...photo-gallery/
https://buddhaexplores.com/2016/06/2...-osaka-review/
barracuda93 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.