Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn- Lower East Side (NYC)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2013, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Location: SAN and before that...EWR....AA EXP (3MM)..HH LIFETIME DIAMOND..AVIS PREFERRED PLUS
Holiday Inn- Lower East Side (NYC)

150 Delancey Street.

Heard this property finally opened yesterday after being delayed. Anyone staying there currently? Maybe we could use this thread for reviews since its brand new and folks will be searching for it.
$143/night seems to be the best rate that I could find out there.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:48 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Here's a little story and pic of it from January of this year http://www.boweryboogie.com/2013/01/...l-to-delancey/
Old Mar 21, 2013, 1:46 am
Suspended

How late of a late checkout can you normally get from HI/HIX in NYC?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Location: SAN and before that...EWR....AA EXP (3MM)..HH LIFETIME DIAMOND..AVIS PREFERRED PLUS
I don't know. I have a reservation there for late April...I'll post a review then. Hope it's a decent property, since I travel to the LES often.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
More stories:

http://www.boweryboogie.com/tag/150-delancey-street/
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Just completed a 5 night stay at this property. It's located almost at the foot of the Williamsburg Bridge on Delancey Street. It's an 8 floor building with a sports bar and a small fitness area in the basement. I had a corner room on the 4th floor not facing the street, so street noise wasn't an issue.
Hallway noise is another story...the hallways are very compact and voices, door slams carry like you wouldn't believe. I'm a good sleeper and was woken up just about every night to people down the hall just getting in, talking and laughing in the halls...followed by the subsequent door slams. Why can't people realize that others are sleeping at 11:30 PM and be quiet in the hallway??? Walls seem very thin as well...as I could hear the man and woman next door sexing it up nightly.
The room was well appointed and very clean..although just average size by Manhattan standards. The ac/heat worked exceptionally. Water pressure/temp was perfect as well. The staff was excellent and always smiling throughout.
Elevators are a little slow....patience needed.
The HD-TV was great, with a good selection of channels. Free WIFI was a little slow...but I could live with it.
Less than a block walk to the F,M,J and Z trains...very convenient.
The area is also loaded with places to eat...both local establishments as well as Burger King, McD's,Dunkin Donuts, Pizza, Chinese etc....there is a 7-11 and Duane Reade very close by, for little things that you may need during your stay.
Car service from the hotel to LGA was $48 + Toll/Tip. They called it in and car was on time.
There is a full gym about 3 blocks away called Ludlow Fitness. $35 for the week if you want to train there (open 24 hours). I train there and it's a good place...not too hard core, yet not a cream puff either.
They also have 2 PC's near the lobby with a printer...free of charge. Snacks/drinks can be purchased from the pantry area near the lobby.
All in all, I would stay there again...and hope that folks keep quiet in the halls at night. My rate was $143/night+...but I'm pretty sure that this was just an intro rate...Manhattan prices are much higher than this.

Last edited by IMStill4Travel; Apr 26, 2013 at 11:30 am
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Any recent stays here? I haven’t found much on this property, but I found a reference online within the last year to the property being used by NYC to house homeless. Curious what the overall vibe is currently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.