Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

New Rates from January 18 (List of reduced / inrcreased reward levels)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Rates from January 18 (List of reduced / inrcreased reward levels)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2013, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by holtju2
We now have an updated Priority Club / InterContinental Hotels Group Master Property list with 2012 and 2013 point requirements.

If you find a property that is not on the list (around 250 missing), send me a PM or leave a message. We will periodically update the list. The properties that we have been made aware of in the past 24 hours haven't been added to this update.
Thanks for all of your time and effort.^

Miami Beach, FL-
CP: South Beach - Z Ocean Hotel is currently @ 45k

Tampa, FL-
SS: Tampa East- Brandon is currently @ 20k
Old Jan 18, 2013, 9:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
^Good to see the two ICs at Hua Hin and Samui have dropped. Overall for me a positive outcome, either steady or down.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by Enigma
HI Potts-Point Sydney is also up 5K, from 25K to 30K.

HI Parramatta is up 5K, from 15K to 20K.

And I think, but am not sure, that HI Darling Harbour went up 10K, from 25K to 35K.
Yup, most (roughly 75%) Australian hotels have gone up by 5 or 10K; six have stayed at the previous point level, and AFAIK only three went down by 5K (CBR, OOL, ASP). In Sydney, the airport hotel remains at 25K and IC was already 50K; everything else went up 5-10K. In MEL, CP and HI CBD went up 10K; Kakadu up 5K, CNS up 10K (to 35K and often rooms could be had for <$150!), DRW both HIs up 5K, PER HI up 10K etc. etc. Nice.

I agree with those who think that this will become a secondary (or tertiary) program for many of us, kind of like Choice Privileges but with Point Breaks instead of the seasonal promotions that make CP a tolerable, even nice program. Most "aspirational" properties have become too expensive now. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted, time to move on...
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Unbelieveable!!! Last yr I did half IHG and half MArriott. I have been unloading pts like crazy because I was gradually switching to Marriott...70k ihg pts in Nov in key west and 140k ihg pts last month in London.

Now after reading the full list, including my fav crowne plaza z ocean where I have redeemed MANY pts there...I remember when the Z ocean was 30k. now its 45k lol

Off to Marriott I go full time...anyone want 175k IHG pts? f this
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Twickenham

-Holiday Inn Turin City Centre: went from 25,000 to 20,000, a good hotel in a very central location;

-Holiday Inn Express Rome - San Giovanni: went from 25,000 to 20,000 - it's fairly ordinary and a bit thread-bare, but perfectly acceptable, with a pretty good breakfast spread, and very handy for the train.
Turin before last year's devaluation was 15K only. At 15K it was a bargain. At 25K it was just OK. 20K is about right. Great location. basic hotel.

HIX San Giovanni is very convenient if you only need an overnight stay for pre or post cruise as the train station nearby has direct lines to either cruise port or airport and is a super quiet station unlike the craziness at termini. Agree it has a very good breakfast. I am glad it went down to 20K though last 2 times we paid, 93 euro and 112 euro respectively.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:34 pm

Massive devaluation hits priority club

Candlewood Suites Times Sq. has a 75% INCREASE - goes up from 20,000 to 35,000 points. All Holiday Inns go up from 25,000 to 35,000 points.

All San Francisco Holiday Inns also go up from 25,000 to 35,000 points. Surprisingly when I check random rates at these hotels they are at least 20-25% less than what they were set at last year The Message is use $$ to stay as we are making it "cheaper" to stay and we are making it more "expensive" to use points.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:44 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
HIX Windsor UK was 15k now 10k (not on the chart)
HIX Harlow UK was 15k now 20k (not on the chart)
HIX Amsterdam South was 15k now 20k (chart overstates both by 10k)

Rebooked 2nights in Windsor, 10k is a sweet a deal.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by Montreal
Candlewood Suites Times Sq. has a 75% INCREASE - goes up from 20,000 to 35,000 points. All Holiday Inns go up from 25,000 to 35,000 points.

All San Francisco Holiday Inns also go up from 25,000 to 35,000 points. Surprisingly when I check random rates at these hotels they are at least 20-25% less than what they were set at last year The Message is use $$ to stay as we are making it "cheaper" to stay and we are making it more "expensive" to use points.
That's one message. The other is "start looking elsewhere". Carlson Club is definitely on the move and Choice Privileges can offer great values with properties that are often equivalent to non-ICs (especially for people who travel to Europe). When you combine the stricter elite qualification rules and poor elite bennies, the second serious devaluation in a year, the uneven quality of its products, and the appalling lack of CS, what does PC have left to make you choose their hotels instead of others? Well, mainly that they're everywhere and PB can still be an occasionally attractive proposition (given a decent list, which may or may not be available again).
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alexanderrr
But HIX Geneva is up to 35K. So now IC, CP and HIX Geneva are all at 35K (was CP 35K? It is missing from the list at LoyaltyLobby) HI Geneva Airport is down to 15K, but its location is really terrible (for Geneva)
HIX SantCugat near Barcelona is down to 10K (from 15, but it was 10K a few years ago)
HIX Girona is up to 15K - it was 10k for a year.
HI Lyon France (missing from LL list) down to 10k from 15 (only property in town)
HI Dijon is 10k (from 15K, but it was 10K until April 2011)
HI Resort Nice Saint Laurent Du Var - up to 35K (from 25).

CP Estepona - down to 20K
Now I can cancel the existing booking at Dijon and replace it with the 10K lower rate.

Also have booked 2 nights at Nice a couple weeks ago and now save 10K each night. All other properties at Nice are not available for our dates in April very strange. (not even pay nights but I have checked no event in town.)

Currently holding Hilton HHonor at Lyon because HI seems have very mixed review... Yet at 10K may be worth to reconsider.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:12 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
I am getting the we can only accommodate 3 nights as a one time exception crap.
anyone else.

from the promo

The Reward Night chart above is effective January 18, 2013. If the hotel that you originally planned to book now requires more points, simply call the Priority Club Service Center to reserve your Reward Night and ask for the original point price. This offer is valid through March 18, 2013.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 1:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
Originally Posted by aussielori
I am getting the we can only accommodate 3 nights as a one time exception crap.
anyone else.

from the promo

The Reward Night chart above is effective January 18, 2013. If the hotel that you originally planned to book now requires more points, simply call the Priority Club Service Center to reserve your Reward Night and ask for the original point price. This offer is valid through March 18, 2013.
its par for the course with the line that if you phone up and get someone else, you get a different answer.

If you insist on getting through to the US, you are almost granteed satisfaction

This isnt the call centre operator's fault, there are stories of them losing their job for not reading an answer out of a book, and they have no authority to do anything really, where USA does.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
As LoyaltyTraveler pointed out, California got hammered pretty much across the board. SF properties are up (hello priceline) and the motel quality HIX in San Luis Obispo and Avila Beach that routinely get an absurd $200 for weekend nights go from 25k -> 30k. I guess I will book my summer weekends now and enjoy seeing the owners face drop when I checkin on a sold out weekend. In the rare case I decide to stay at an nice IC I can simply use my free Chase nights and 2-for-1 certs (assuming I retain ambassador).
Old Jan 19, 2013, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by umieesa
So IC ATL Buckhead has now gone up from 30 to 40K. Wished I'd gotten in when it was 15!
I missed it too.

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Overall China seems to be down by 5k each property, except a few like Indigo Shanghai is up to 30k. IC Expo back down to 30k; HI Downtown (best value for Plats) is down to 10k from 25k, IC Chengdu down to 25k.

Looking at EU properties, CP Fukuoka (up to 35k), ANA Sapporo to 40k, and some others this is a massive devaluation for desirable properties.
Nice, those worked good for you.

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Hong Kong is ridiculously up, a HIX for 35k points! IC HK down to 45k points, but it's an undesirable redemption anyway.
CP Causeway 45k, other CP 20k - decent, HI 35k
But bad at the HKG side.

Originally Posted by holtju2
We now have an updated Priority Club / InterContinental Hotels Group Master Property list with 2012 and 2013 point requirements.

If you find a property that is not on the list (around 250 missing), send me a PM or leave a message. We will periodically update the list. The properties that we have been made aware of in the past 24 hours haven't been added to this update.
^

Overall I'm seeing these changes as a big devaluation. Why? Yes same # went down as went up per PC, BUT the increases seem to be 10-15K when the decreases were 5K.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Bummer, HIX South Lake Tahoe up 5K.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 2:39 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Originally Posted by CokeandTaco

Miami Beach, FL-
CP: South Beach - Z Ocean Hotel is currently @ 45k
At 25k the was one of the best value hotels on points, at 35k was okay, now at 45k I'm not so sure.

Still I'm glad that my week long stay next month was booked at 25k

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.