Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Please post your Priority Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2010)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Priority Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2010)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2010, 7:54 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy Titanium
CP - Amsterdam City Centre

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked "Standard King" - received 'upgraded club room' with CP Club access.
How are the rooms?
Quite nice, large by Amsterdam city center standards. Remodeled recently (2009, I think) and great new bedding.

What was good and what was bad?
Good

- CP Club (free bkfst, internet, snacks, etc)
- Location is fantastic - 150m from Centraal station
- Staff was great
- 20% Discount on parking, internet, laundry for PC Platinum

Bad
Parking was 40Eur/night (32EU after discount) - high even by amsterdam center standards.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Yes - paid $130Eur/night - great value for location.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 1:59 am

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Originally Posted by cedahm
Bad
Parking was 40Eur/night (32EU after discount) - high even by amsterdam center standards.
Yes, it's very expensive, but that's the price they've been charging since, at least, 2007. Good on them!
Old Feb 9, 2010, 5:47 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
HIX - Plantation/Fort Lauderdale, FLA

HIX - Plantation/Fort Lauderdale, FLA

Platinum

It turned out okay, but involved a lot of hassle.

Booked "2 Double Beds Non Smoking" which is what I got.

How are the rooms?
Bathroom was clean and beds were comfortable. Nothing Special.

Good: The room was clean and quiet.
Bad: Checked in at 7pm, and even though I am a platinum with a guarenteed reservation, they didn't have a room ready (Obviously they hadn't pre-checked me in). After waiting about a half hour, they found me a room, but it didn't have any towels in it. Had to ask the front desk multiple times to get any towels.

For the hassle, it wasn't worth the $$. There were plenty of other places I could have stayed for about the same rate.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 6:36 am

Programs: AY, GA, SQ, IHG, SPG
HI Downtown Shanghai

Platinum RA

I've stayed in this hotel multiple times. It's ok

Usually I book the cheapest room and nearly every time I've got an upgrade to executive room. However I have never been upgraded to a suite. (would be my choice considering the exec. lounge is not that good in my opinion)

How are the rooms?
The newly renovated rooms are decent quality, albeit small in size (25sqm). The deluxe rooms are slightly nicer with glass wall bathrooms.

Good:
Value for the money (420-520CNY+tax/night)
Location (near railway station and subway line 1. Easy to commute anywhere, however the area itself has little to offer)
6 cans of free soft drinks in Executive rooms

Bad:
Small rooms
Executive lounge has very little to offer be it the breakfast or evening happy hour.
Service isn't very good and the staff certainly won't go that extra mile to make guests happy.

For example once I tried to check in without having a booking. I enquired if they have any rooms available. The guy at the front desk immediately said no, we are full. Then his colleague said to him(in Chinese) that actually they do have few rooms available. Then the guy tells me: Sir, sorry we are out of rooms. We only have suite available. I wait for his quote for how much the suite is but he just keeps saying they are full (for regular rooms). Don't want to quote me the price? Fine, 10mins later I checked into 60sqm club room at the IC Puxi cross the sreet.

Another weird occasion was when I ordered something from the room service. 20mins later the food arrives but the guy accidentally spills the shake across the table. He did apoligize and said he will get some one to clean it while he gets a new one. 20 mins later he is back with a new shake. Hands me the shake and wishes me good a evening. Before he disappears I managed to ask him if someone is going to come over to clean the mess. Oh, you better call the room service and off he went.

Executive lounge
Happy hour selection is very limited. Small amount of snacks, beer, chinese red and white wine, Red label and Bacardi. That's pretty much all.
Breakfast isn't much better. I recommend finding a local restaurant outside and have the breakfast there.
Staff is ok. After 15 stays (2-3 times/month) they start to remember me.

Sure I will. I wouldn't spend my honeymoon here, but this hotel is perfectly ok for short stays where you only need a decent clean room for a few hours of sleep.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 3:01 pm

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - TRINCITY TRINIDAD AIRPORT

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - TRINCITY TRINIDAD AIRPORT

Platinum Ambassador

Yes

Booked a "King suite" and was given an "Executive suite"

How are the rooms?
The executive suite was big. Looking at the floor map it was at least 4 times larger than all the other rooms. On entering there was a reception area with side table and closet space, and a table with four chars. Turning to th left and there was a sofa and coffee table, the entrance to the good sized bathroom and a kitchen area. Moving further through the room and you had a reclining chair and a very large bed, a TV (CRT but lots of channels) in a TV stand, a a large desk. the room was a corner location and had four window. The hotel is only three years old so is in good repair.

Good - Close to the airport. the staff was very friendly and efficient (always calling me by name). The breakfast buffet was good quality HIX stuff. There is a hotel shuttle which will run you about for free, within a limited area, and the WIFI is free. There is a Mall in walking distance (but note it is not safe to walk after dark)

Bad
The hotel is in the middle of nowhere, you need a car or the shuttle to get anywhere at all. There is no restaurant but the hotel will shuttle you to local restaurants. The water temperature in the shower was low.

Fairly good value and I would return.

Last edited by TheAlien; Feb 11, 2010 at 3:08 pm Reason: To put the name of the hotel in....
Old Feb 11, 2010, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Holiday Inn Hotel - Des Moines Downtown

Platinum Ambassador

Yes

Booked a "King bed room" and was given an "Jr suite"

How are the rooms?
Room was fine. About 3x larger than a regular room. Came with mini fridge and microwave. Updated with the new HI and HIX updates were the bedding and the shampoos. That was about it. Other than that, the room was a bit run down.

Good
Friendly staff, given free breakfast buffet coupon and BOGO coffee coupon. Upgrade was nice to larger room, housekeeping staff was friendly. Overall, down to earth place. Bed was comfortable.

Bad
Definitely a no-frills hotel. Most amenities need to be updated. Carpets are run down, elevators run down, room had old carpet and bathroom that needs updating. Wasn't dirty, just looked used. Same with door and locks etc (though I felt safe).

Fairly good value and I would return.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:01 pm

HIE&S Chippewa Falls, WI

Platinum

Yes, but either the front desk employee was mistaken or I was lied to at check-in

Booked "2 QUEEN BEDS NONSMOKING" - received just that
How are the rooms?
Hotel is only 2 years old, so still clean. It's your typical new "HIE&S".

Good

- Clean, nice size room, decent pool, hot tub, and work out area.
- They also keep the coffee on all day/night

Bad
Was told at check-in that there were no upgrades available, but the hotel was empty and the IHG site showed many Suites available.

Paid $90.95 for the last minute "Featured Rate". I originally booked using the AAA rate at $95.95, but the hotel flipped the featured rate on yesterday. It's the typical "No heads in beds" low occupancy rate. I'm glad to have saved the additional $5, but then checking-in and being told my standard room is it's the only room available wasn't exactly a nice feeling.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:07 pm

HIE Ramsey, NJ

Platinum

So-So/Fair

Booked "King - Non" - received just that

How are the rooms?
Showing their age, but clean

Good

- Clean hotel, nice staff
- They also keep the coffee on all day/night

Bad
Was originally warned that the floor of my room might be wet, because they had recently cleaned the carpets. The floor was completely soaked. They were able to move me into another room with dry floors.

Paid $99 for the AAA rate. Decent price for a Northern NJ HIE, but I'll be back in the area in a couple of weeks and booked the Candlewood in Nanuet to try something different.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Holiday Inn Express Barcelona City22@

Platinum Ambassador

Yes

Booked cheapest rate and received a room with sofa and queen bed
How are the rooms?
Not so big (and tiny closet to hang clothes)
Perfectly clean
Basic but very decent and quiet
Flat TV with decent selection of international channels
Quite comfortable bed

Good

- Nice contemporary building
- Free Internet at "business centre" (2 PCs with printer in the lobby)
- Location is not in the historical city centre, but I like the district (very close to the metro station and living Rambla de Poblenou, close to the beach, a lot of elegant contemporary buildings in the nei): 22@Barcelona is a district which sets up a new model of city, mixing business activites, social and cultural innovation)
- Very competitive price

Bad
- Breakfast is very basic (read: horrible), served in a overheated / crowded / noisy room (so you can easily skip it)

Yes
I of course prefer staying at Hotel Omm or Pulitzer, but for less than EUR 70, Holiday Inn Express Barcelona City22@ is an excellent option (if you do not mind staying in a new district which has not reached its full potential)

PS : I would be more than happy to have an IC in BCN!!
Old Feb 15, 2010, 4:26 am

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Crowne Plaza Universal Orlando

Platinum

Very happy.

Booked a standard King, received a Junior Suite on the 14th floor.
How are the rooms?
Wonderful room. Excellant view of of the International Drive area. Facing the wrong way to see the Universal Studios park, but still an excellant view. Very nice suite with sitting area, desk, and refrigerator with coffee area.

Good - everything as far as I was concerned. The lounge was only open for breakfast as this was a weekend stay. The only thing that I found a bit odd was that a number of older children (teenagers) would visit the lounge in pajamas, but I guess I am just getting old. My parents would have never let me out of the room like that.

The weekend rate that I paid was less than my corporate rate. I will return as this is a nice location for weekend stays at Universal Drive and Sandlake Blvd.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport

Gold

Satisfied.

Booked a King leisure, received what I think is a King feature in that they threw in Internet access. But the place did not seem to have any real upgrades, all the rooms appear identically sized with no suites.

How are the rooms?
Very comfortable bed, large desk, good TV (HD but only 32"). Small bathroom.

Friendly service at the front desk. Didn't try the little bar. Judging by the parking lot, lots of park-and-fly customers. Did not use the restaurant.

This is one of the nicer airport properties across chains in terms of room quality. Unless I had a big bonus going, on the weekends I'd probably priceline the Staybridge Suites ten minutes south (Franklin zone, 2.5*, $34++). But I wanted the 6pm cancellation and have a stay two for 10k going on, so for $71+tax it was worth it. For business travel, I'd stay here if the price was competitive with the IC and the Hyatt Regency downtown.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 4:32 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
HIX - Kimball, TN, USA

Platinum

Satisfied.

Booked a 2 Double Bed Standard, and that's what I got.

How are the rooms?
Comfortable beds, regular TV, clean bathroom. Standard HIX.

Friendly service at the front desk. Hotel recently remodeled. Limited fitness center.

Booked a cheap government rate,and got what I paid for. Nothing special but not bad either. Would return if it had a good rate.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
HI - Durango, Colorado

HI - Durango

Platinum

Yes I typically stay at this location a few times a year.

Booked king-sized bed; always got the same. I don't think the hotel has any rooms to upgrade guests into.
How are the rooms?
Very basic, small, old-style HI. Individual hotel rooms are accessed from the outside. The hotel is a 2-story building, with no elevator access to the 2nd floor, AFAIK.

The bathroom was clean and bed was comfortable.

I really like this hotel and the people working at it... but the fact that it continues to be a HI makes me disbelieve that the HI chain has really rebranded itself.

Great: The staff is great and very friendly. The hotel's location is good; you're only a short 2-3 block walk from the center of Durango. Bad: Old style HI building, and the wireless internet access is crappy. The signal is good, but the connection to the outside world is often down.

It's an expensive location, but so is all of Durango. I'd return
Old Feb 17, 2010, 2:52 am

Programs: LH HON, Discovery Black, IHG Spire, random stuff at Accor, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz, Sixt
HIX Dsseldorf North

Platinum

mostly

Booked standard room and received exactly that. Nothing to wonder about, all rooms are the same (well, that's HIX).

How are the rooms?
Typical HIX. One queenbed, one sofabed and a small desk. Everything was in a good condition.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

^
- suburbian location but convenient to "S-Bahn" and underground
- free breakfast with an acceptable choice
- quiet room

- not the slightest recognition of status
- staff was not that friendly

Good, value, booked "2 for 1" which was very cheap. Points and two nights credited. On a cheap rate I will maybe return.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 2:08 am

Programs: QF Gold, PC Platinum
Smile

Crowne Plaza KL, Malaysia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Platinum

Very happy.

Booked a standard room using 25,000 points per night, received an upgrade to Club room with all club benefits.
How are the rooms?
Huge room with good views over city.

Good - everything was great. The lounge was open for breakfast and all day use with evening cocktails. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Even allowed two garments to be drycleaned per day at no charge

Great value using my points. I will return as a great location and just a wonderful hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.