Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2007)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2007)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2007, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
IC Frankfurt.

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a reward night a week in advance (30K). Upgraded by the time I checked my account a couple of days before arrival to 'Panoramic Suite'

How are the rooms?
Nice! Two rooms, two minibars, two bathrooms. Living room is one of them, bedroom the other. Rather nice views over the river and city.

Welcome gift was a fruit tray (plums, pear, apple), water and a local Christmas chocolate gingerbread thing (looks tasty, not tried it yet).

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A (didn't ask, even if I was allowed I didn't have time as I arrived too late and left too early).

What was good and what was bad?
Very good: everything honoured on a reward night (upgrade, free minibar, free movie)

Good: Nice furnishings (apart from TV), Elemis bath products, two very full minibars.

Bad: Rooms were too warm, even with the system turned full blast to maximum coolness in each room.

Bad: 'Old style' TVs are a bit dated. I am now used to large flatscreens!

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Absolutely!
Old Dec 29, 2007, 10:09 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
IC Bali

Were you happy with the hotel?

Yes, on a PointsBreak stay of 5K a night for 5 nights.

Which room did you book?

Booked a classic room (no choice with rewards), upgraded to a Singaraja Duplex suite, after some email inquries to reservations prior to arrival.

How are the rooms?

Nice. Large living room with two sofas and a dinning table and a guest toilet downstairs. Walk up the stairs to bedroom, closet and big bathroom with separate shower and bathtub.

Pictures like will follow

How is the Exec. lounge?

It is very nice and offers wide food selections but on this stay I didn't get access.

What was good / bad?

Good:

Overall a very pleasant stay. Staff very friendly and usually quite helpful. Upgrade received was nice. Got the hug box of truffles again plus fruit basket, a bottle of red wine and a welcome gifty. Nicely landscaped hotel grounds. Overall not much to complain.

Bad:

Only bad thing was the gift wrapping by the business center. They wrapped a Christmas gift in some frozen foods cardboard, tied it with heavy industrial masking tape and then slapped a white paper around it with some Intercon ribbon. Highly, highly embarrasing. (ohh and they charged for this masterpiece too)

Hotel food prices are a bit over the top (increased again from a year ago). I know that it is normal to pay more in a hotel, but compared to an outside restaurant of similar high standards you still pay 2 - 3 times as much in the hotel which is not reasonable in my view. I ate mostly outside.

Value for money? Would you return?

At a 5K points breaks rate this is awesome value. Yes though when paying normal rates than I would also consider other places or properties.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IC Bahrain

Yes.

'Standard Room' at best flexible rate booked for 60 BHD++ (72.45 BHD in total) upgraded to a dual-room suite on the 11th floor.

How are the rooms?
Nice. One room is the lounge with toilet/shower room (and empty minibar!) and the other is the bedroom with a large, very comfy bed and toilet + combined bath/shower room. There was a letter waiting at reception reminding me I'd only get 15 BHD a day on the minibar (which could not to be 'totalled up' over multiple days) but they make up for that somewhat with the welcome package: one plate each of nuts, dried fruit and chocolate treats alongside several cans of soft drinks and a cute little 'Regency Bahrain' teddy bear. Awwww Old style (not large/flatscreen) TVs still.

Minibar is pretty good (aside from the ridiculously priced 42 BHD 1/2 Bottle of Champagne) - packed full with soft drinks, 3 beers, lots of spirits (JW Red and Black, Chivas, Gin, Vodka, Cognac, etc.)

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A (as far as I know - but maybe they'll build one. According to the Doorman, they are building a large indoor pool somewhere).

Good: Welcome package is excellent and, errm, very welcoming!

Bad: 15 BHD a day limit on minibar (though that does go quite far actually and covers every individual item from the bar you may fancy except the silly Champagne) which, despite them going to this extra length, the girl on reception didn't know about so had to check with a supervisor before removing my ~11BHD of usage.

Yes and yes!

Last edited by G-BOAC; Dec 30, 2007 at 1:21 pm
Old Dec 30, 2007, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
IC New Orleans

Yes

From a basic king room to a junior suite on 14th (concierge) level

How are the rooms?
Okay - the hotel really needs to be refurbished. The bathrooms in particular are very old and dated. The bed is comfortable, the tvs really need replacing.

Gift was a fleur de lis chocolate, bottle of wine and bottle of evian with a plate of some whole fruit.

Minibar is pretty good this time (took all the hard liquor out last trip) and includes a split or red, white, a few cans of soda and beer hard stuff includes chivas, crown, bacardi and vodka, a couple things of water and snacks. The letter said the refreshments were included, so I assume all of it (except snack carefully the pretzels expired over a month a go and taste like they should've been gone long before that)

How is the exec. lounge?
If I make it there, I'll let you know

Good: Nice upgrade, treated well here.

Bad: Room configuration is just wierd - the door to the suite opens directly across from the bedroom, you need to turn and walk down a hallway to get to the living space area. Horrible is that there are NO available/accessible outlets in this place other than one under a table near the desk and in the bathrooms

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?Likely (but want to check the crowne plaza as an alternative)

Last edited by GoingAway; Dec 30, 2007 at 10:36 am
Old Dec 30, 2007, 2:43 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
IC Dusseldorf Düsseldorf

IC Dusseldorf
Very satisfied, one of the best IC in Europe.

Booked Club Room, got Executive Suite. (As far as I know, there's no better suite except the pres suite)

How are the rooms?
Executive Suite is small, 58 sqm, one of the smallest I've ever had. But it was ok - two flat TVs, no stereo. Bathroom is nice size, heated floor, big tub.

How is the exec. lounge?

Excellent. On the first night we were the only guests in the lounge - which meant special treatment and à la carte dinner during the evening happy hour.
Usually, they provide breakfast in lounge, but you can have it also in the main restaurant. Cold lunch snacks, evening cookies and cakes, dinner buffet with quite a few cold and warm dinner snacks with open bar. Champagne (N. Feuillatte), beer, wine, soft drinks are available the whole day.
Lounge is better than in Berlin - but it's not Bali or Beijing.

Good: Lounge, staff, room.

Bad: Minibar - no wine and champagne, only beer and the hard stuff (of course, soft drinks). Refilled daily.

Excellent value during low season, club is worth the surcharge.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
IC THE GRAND MUMBAI

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very satisfied with this hotel and was impressed with the level of service.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?Booked Deluxe Room, got Executive Suite with access to the Club lounge.

How are the rooms?

Very nice....huge master bath with a powder room outside. 2 flat tvs, 2 minibars, a desk in the master bathroom, nice amenities. I also got to launder 4 pcs during my stay and got a 60 min masssage from the spa.

How is the exec. lounge?

Nice and big. Attentive service and they were happy to do it for you. Eggs cooked to order and other food was bought from the downstairs restaurant.

Good: Lounge, staff, room. Minibar did not have a big selection of alcohol, but they included the snacks in the RA benefit. Upon checkout, they called and told me that I owe them money for the minibar when I had to "remind" them I was a RA.

Definitly. Beats going into Mumbai proper anyday and is quiet and tranquil.

**** Made this reservation 3-4 hrs before actually checking in and still got upgraded to suite !!!

Last edited by anaggie; Jan 1, 2008 at 7:08 pm
Old Dec 31, 2007, 4:59 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
IC Rio de Janeiro

Yes, nice location, next to Ipanema.

Booked a point break (5k) Standard Room, got a Club Executive Room. OK, no suite, but an upgrade to the club makes it enjoyable.

How are the rooms?
Not really large, and the bathroom is too small. But a beautiful ozean view to the beach !!

How is the exec. lounge?
Yes, nice staff and also the breakfast, the meals are fine.

Good: Lounge, staff, room.

Bad: Have to pay for minibar, because I am staying on points !! But I have the club access, so it doesn´t matter.

Excellent Hotel, I will definitly return.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IC Doha

Yes.

Booked a 'Superior Room' at standard award rate (30K), upgraded to a 4th floor pool view suite.

How are the rooms?
Nice again. Similar setup to the IC BAH with 2 rooms - one living room and plus another bedroom. Both had full bathrooms (bath + shower + toilet + bidet) attached, plus safes and minibars (though only the bedroom one was stocked). Both were comfortable. The bed was not quite as big as the IC BAH but did the trick very well (I overslept again!). Minibar fairly well stocked (including a ridiculous 416 QTR 1/2 bottle of Laurent Perrier). Both rooms are larger overall than BAH...and include flat screen TVs!

Welcome gift was a mountain of fruit and some sweet goodies, plus still water beside the bed.

How is the exec. lounge?
Forgot to ask. There is a Club lounge on the 6th floor but I assume no automatic RA access since it wasn't mentioned.

Very good: everything honoured on a reward night (upgrade, free minibar - no movies to have as far as I could see).

Very good: was given a 6pm check-out not just 4pm ^

Good: checked in by a friendly manager and walked to my room by an assistant personally.

Good: they let me print my two boarding passes for free in the business centre

Bad: well, I suppose drinks by the pool are expensive: 92 QTR for a double G&T (~12.50 GBP). But that's just life. Nothing was really bad about the hotel!

Absolutely!
Old Dec 31, 2007, 7:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AF/KL FB Gold; LX FTL; PC Plat/Amb; SPG Gold; HH Gold; Club Carlson Silver
[B]IC Dubai Festival City[/B]

Yes.

Booked a King Executive at the best flexible rate of 1750 AED, but with taxes and service charge the total was 2100 AED, i.e. nearly 600 USD.
Upgraded to "senior suite" on a fairly low floor. The upper floors and Club Lounge are not yet finished (they should be open by mid-January 2008), but I was informed that in future Lounge access will be paid-only, i.e. not part of the RA upgrade.

How are the rooms?
Senior suite has spacious living room, separate bedroom with large walk-in closet, and huge bathroom. All rooms with large windows overlooking Festival City marina, shopping mall and huge construction site. All furnishing brand new, elegant and very comfortable. Toiletries by Ermenegildo Zegna ^.

How is the exec. lounge?
Not open yet.

Good:
Free valet parking.
RA gift delivered in person was a black tote bag with the hotel logo.
Convenient location 3 minutes from the airport.
Staff very keen and helpful.

Bad:
Minibar snacks are not free.

I'm used to getting better value for money from ICs, but this is a great property in an excellent location so I will probably be back anyway .

Last edited by HugoCH; Jan 4, 2008 at 7:00 am Reason: Corrected syntax error

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.