Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promotion discussion thread 2013

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2013, 9:29 pm

Just wanted to thank those who contributed to this thread. Had a stay last week at the Charleston CP, which netted me 36k points on a $115 rate.

^^
Old Nov 21, 2013, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by KathinJax
Many times the hotel does not get your updated status, just the status when you booked. You would have to show them that you have an upgraded status when you check n.
+1
Happened to me. Asked for a upgrade, but was told the reservation didn't show my newly acquired Platinum status. They asked me for my card, I asked them if they could check it on their computer... and got upgraded to a suite.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 6:07 pm

Do these promos work if you stay by booking a points plus cash stay? Or does it have to be paying full cash rate?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 6:10 pm

Do these promos work if you stay by booking a points plus cash stay? Or does it have to be paying full cash rate?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
paid stays only (fully paid)
Old Nov 25, 2013, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Question about the 5X Aeroplan Miles promo

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...y-_-Horizontal

The rules say its till 30th Nov.

Does a stay checking in on the 30th and out on the 1st Dec count for this promo?

Thanks for your insights !
Old Nov 25, 2013, 2:06 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...y-_-Horizontal

The rules say its till 30th Nov.

Does a stay checking in on the 30th and out on the 1st Dec count for this promo?

Thanks for your insights !
You could check in Nov 30th, check out Dec 20th, and 30th Nov should still trigger your promo
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:35 pm

Hi, a few of the promo codes aren't working when I try to register for them. Is it ok if I call the priority club hotline and ask them why they aren't working ? I got all the codes from here though ( 3rd party website) .
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Originally Posted by anonymous4a
Hi, a few of the promo codes aren't working when I try to register for them. Is it ok if I call the priority club hotline and ask them why they aren't working ? I got all the codes from here though ( 3rd party website) .
Tried to read the very first page of this topic?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ad-2013-a.html

Or you can rent dvd\blu-ray\digita copy of "Fight club".
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0137523/

Last edited by olegator; Nov 26, 2013 at 1:52 am
Old Nov 26, 2013, 1:16 am

issue is , is it ok if I call priority club and ask them about codes that I'm using from a 3rd party website ? Usually people that use these codes get them by email right ?
Old Nov 26, 2013, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
issue is , is it ok if I call priority club and ask them about codes that I'm using from a 3rd party website ? Usually people that use these codes get them by email right ?
If you want a verbal smackdown and an audit on your account, then by all means give them a call.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 4:35 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Why on earth would you do that??
Old Nov 26, 2013, 5:27 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
So you intend to cheat IHG by using codes that were not targetted at you, and then ring up IHG to own up that you have been cheating, and complain that some of your cheating did not work.

Rather than thank your lucky stars that the codes mostly work and give you a bundle of unwarranted points, you will note which ones can do not work and then you will ring up IHG to complain that codes you are not meant to have/use don't work for you.

That's not just freeloading, that is freedloading with attitude.

Anyway not all codes work for everyone, it does not mean codes do not work still, some are eg geographical based on home address, some you managed to register will post nothing due to either wrong continent in address, or because you are not targetted.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Also, some codes, such as Weekend Stay, post later (after the end of the promotion period). If you get those miles in the future all of a sudden, be happy. If not, move on.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Book Direct 2013

I notice I'm registered for it, but a few stays later none seem to be qualifying -- is this one of those that batch post later, or does having it appear in My Offers mean nothing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.