Wiki Posts
Search

RA downgrade after booking?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
RA downgrade after booking?

Just booked a room at the IC Madrid and wonder if it's worth sending an email. I booked a deluxe double room and I just logged in and saw they modified my reservation to a deluxe two twin bed room.....is it worth emailing the hotel about? Would much prefer one bed instead of two for the wife and I just like I booked. I've seen hotels upgrade. Reservation but never downgrade like this.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Ask for a high floor junior suite facing the avenue (not the courtyard).

Suites with terrace are smaller but better if weather is sunny.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 6:40 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Booked four nights in February -- two reward nights and two BOGO nights. The reward nights have been modified twice. The BOGO nights have been modified once. And ironically nothing has changed. Visited the IC Madrid some months ago and was very pleased indeed. The hotel modifies reservations often with no indication of the end result. No downgrade should be expected but the online system does not appear to be an accurate indicator of the upgraded room.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 3:50 am
Original Poster

I emailed the hotel yesterday because they changed it from 2 adults to 3 as well, no response yet.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by ianturner
Just booked a room at the IC Madrid and wonder if it's worth sending an email. I booked a deluxe double room and I just logged in and saw they modified my reservation to a deluxe two twin bed room....
Originally Posted by ianturner
I emailed the hotel yesterday because they changed it from 2 adults to 3 as well, no response yet.
Obviously they are putting someone else in the room with you and were not sure you would be happy sharing one double bed with them. The hotel should be congratulated for its foresight.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Obviously they are putting someone else in the room with you and were not sure you would be happy sharing one double bed with them. The hotel should be congratulated for its foresight.
good point, never looked at it that way before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.