Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

60,000 Points with Capital One Priority Club World Mastercard [Canada]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2012, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Irrelevant, IHG Platinum, Marriot Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis First

Just got an email for this offer. Expires next week, Sept 12, 2012. Looks like they increased the offer as I got the same email in March for 30k points.
Annual fee of $120 is not waived but there is no minimum spend.
5 points per $ at IHG properties or 2 points per $ on everything else.

http://www.capitalone.ca/lp/priority...-_-primary_cta
Old Mar 27, 2013, 3:04 pm

I am interested in applying for this card as I have some Holiday Inn stays coming up that I'd like to use points for, and there's been a 60K promo twice last year, and I am wondering if anyone thinks this promo will be coming again soon?

Considering the IHG/Priority Club changes announced yesterday, it seems plausible that they will be offering some sort of promos to CAD and US CC customers. Anyone else agree?
Old Mar 29, 2013, 1:01 am

Programs: oz*g, spg plat
Originally Posted by pokee
I am interested in applying for this card as I have some Holiday Inn stays coming up that I'd like to use points for, and there's been a 60K promo twice last year, and I am wondering if anyone thinks this promo will be coming again soon?

Considering the IHG/Priority Club changes announced yesterday, it seems plausible that they will be offering some sort of promos to CAD and US CC customers. Anyone else agree?
i just took a look at the card ... so for 120$ a year, you can get top tier (platinum) status with priority club. wow ... if just /anyone/ can get top tier, the program perks just seem to be that much less valuable.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 3:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by psych
i just took a look at the card ... so for 120$ a year, you can get top tier (platinum) status with priority club. wow ... if just /anyone/ can get top tier, the program perks just seem to be that much less valuable.
What program perks? None exist!

I would barely call those 'room upgrade' / 50% bonus (non-elite qualifying) points a perk...
Old Mar 30, 2013, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by CanucksHKG
What program perks? None exist!

I would barely call those 'room upgrade' / 50% bonus (non-elite qualifying) points a perk...
Honestly, most of these hotel programs are turning into a joke as far as 'tier' status is concerned for upgrades and points bonuses. It's a crapshoot, depending on the hotel you're staying at and what program you're with, but generally upgrades are not guaranteed. So it's not really a perk unless it's something you can count on to get all the time.

I did a little more digging and 30,000-ish points gets you about a $100 room...so this card is not even worth the annual fee (unless the fee is waived). The 60K bonus could be worth the app and the fee, depending on what hotels you stay at.

All in all, not a very good program. Which is a shame, since I generally like the IHG chain and there's a lot of HI's I frequent...
Old Mar 30, 2013, 9:51 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Upgrades

I am surprise that I received more upgrades when I do not have status. I was a platinum for only one year back in 2007. Gold in 2006 and 2007.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 3:09 pm
Company Representative - Capital One

Hi All,

It's Andrew from Capital One. I know this thread has been inactive for some time, however, I thought I'd post some exciting news about the IHG Rewards World MasterCard - formerly known as Priority Club World MasterCard - just in case some folks stumble upon the thread.

Effective immediately, all new IHG Rewards Club World MasterCard customers will earn 60,000 bonus points with their first purchase. That’s enough points for 4 nights at many Holiday Inn properties. Plus, they’ll get Platinum Elite status for the life of the account, which gets them room upgrades and Priority Check-In.

To leare more about all the great benefits the card and to view the terms and conditions of the card, please visit: http://bit.ly/1dSNifG
Old Jan 24, 2014, 3:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
That's a good offer. Too bad I already have the card. :P It was only 30000 when I signed up.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 11:46 am

Rewards Canada will have a blog post on Monday on this card

I'm tempted to sign up as well, even with $120/year fee
60K points @ $120 = $0.002 per point, or 12 Points Break nights
Old Jan 26, 2014, 3:29 pm

A one-time offering of 60K points while charging annual fees of $120+/year is a poor value relative to our American friends.

The main point of using the card and paying $120+/year in fees is the annual free night Americans get, NOT a one-time points benefit that barely covers one night at an IC property.

At $70/10k points (IHG cash + points rate), the 60k points has a maximum value of $420. With many properties offering attractive 5,000, 10,000 and 25,000 bonus point rates, coupled with the occasional 50 - 100% bonus points on point purchases for Platinums, the value can be significantly less.

Thus after 2.5 years (or sooner), one is paying out of pocket to have the card.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by stigs
A one-time offering of 60K points while charging annual fees of $120+/year is a poor value relative to our American friends.

The main point of using the card and paying $120+/year in fees is the annual free night Americans get, NOT a one-time points benefit that barely covers one night at an IC property.

At $70/10k points (IHG cash + points rate), the 60k points has a maximum value of $420. With many properties offering attractive 5,000, 10,000 and 25,000 bonus point rates, coupled with the occasional 50 - 100% bonus points on point purchases for Platinums, the value can be significantly less.

Thus after 2.5 years (or sooner), one is paying out of pocket to have the card.
All Canadian cards are poor value compared to USA versions really

$420 credit - $120 fee = $300 worth for 1 year, not too bad for those interested in IHG properties, especially using Points Break hotels
Old Jan 27, 2014, 1:26 am

Hmmm....I just got Platinum Elite status match on for IHG, so that won't be a benefit for the card for me. But, 60,000 gets me a couple of nights for free, which is worth the app - but I am disappointed that there is no annual incentive. That means the card gets cancelled before the renewal. Anyone know if the card and offer will be available on GCR?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 3:19 am

Programs: rapidly diminishing
Is this a permanent offer? Or is there an expiry date?
Old Jan 29, 2014, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by sofasurfer
Good question! I was going to ask the same thing, since I'll likely wait a while before applying...there is no expiry date on the app website currently...
Old Feb 25, 2014, 11:17 am
Company Representative - Capital One

Originally Posted by sofasurfer
Hi @sofasurfer,

It’s Andrew from Capital One. Thanks for the great question. The 60,000 first purchase bonus point offer on the IHG Rewards Club World MasterCard is a permanent offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.