Wiki Posts
Search

Questions: Ambassador Renewal Options with 10% Points Rebate

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2012, 12:29 pm
alc
Original Poster

Questions: Ambassador Renewal Options with 10% Points Rebate

MOD: I did a quick search and found another thread that is sort-of related to the 10% points rebate, but discussion within seem to be different than my question. Therefore, I started a new thread. Please merge it if you think it should belong to that thread instead.

I hardly stay at IC hotels these days and thought I will not even renew my membership at first. But today when the link to renew came up on my account, I thought to check it out. Right away, I already click the "Renew using 20,000 of your Priority Club points and receive 5,000 bonus points" option, thinking it is a cheap way to get my status for another year, in case my travel pattern changed next year. But then I read the "Renew for $200 and receive 15,000 bonus points plus a 10% points rebate on Reward Nights" option. The fine print state:

**10% points rebate: receive 10% of redeemed points back on all Reward Night redemptions for 12 months. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks after Reward Night stay for rebated points to be deposited into your account. Maximum number of points to be rebated not to exceed 100,000 points in a calendar year. Not applicable on other (non-Reward night ) redemption items.
I already had my 25 nights booked for CP HK under the old rate of 25K (35K with 10K credit back) per night, hence I will get 62.5K (or may even be 87.5K ) I know I will have other reward nights between March Break and July 1st/4th, hence I could even hit the max 100K rebate.

But I do would to get some help from all of you to think thru this, here are my thoughts:

• I normally do not buy hotel points as I stay enough from work to have enough points for all my personal travel
  • But it seems $200 (assumed USD) for minimum 77.5K (15K + 62.K) and with a potential 115K, it sound like a very good bargain!
  • I do not stay at IC, as mentioned above, hence I am really doing this for points and not the benefits. Should I?
  • For those of you that have picked this option in the past, do I have to cancel and re-book my 25 nights CP HK in order to get the 10% rebate? Or will the rebate automatically kick-in after my stay as stated in the fine print
  • If I do need to cancel and re-book, my concern is the about the 250K credit will get reserve from the 10K rate difference that was credited.

Thanks in advance for all your comments/advise.

Regards.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 7:45 am
alc
Original Poster

Thought to update in case others landed on this thread in the future. I end up send an email to them and they said I do need to cancel and re-book.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 2:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by alc
Thought to update in case others landed on this thread in the future. I end up send an email to them and they said I do need to cancel and re-book.
Yes, I am now being told that awards must be booked and completed after the Ambassador renewal. That is NOT what I was told by PC CSR when I renewed - I specifically asked.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 1:55 pm

When are we suppose to see our rebate? End of the month after the stay?
Old Jul 25, 2012, 3:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Originally Posted by cactuspete
Yes, I am now being told that awards must be booked and completed after the Ambassador renewal. That is NOT what I was told by PC CSR when I renewed - I specifically asked.
I have been told the same on this.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Shimon
When are we suppose to see our rebate? End of the month after the stay?
4-6 weeks after award stay is completed.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
The 10% rebate is a relatively new renewal option, so not sure how many people have done it so far. I decided to go with it when I had to renew in April. Just had my first post-renewal stay and both my AMB and VISA rebates posted within 3 weeks of the stay.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 8:16 am

Programs: Delta Diamond,Holiday Inn Dia Ambassador ,AA Gold
Originally Posted by dbuckho
The 10% rebate is a relatively new renewal option, so not sure how many people have done it so far. I decided to go with it when I had to renew in April. Just had my first post-renewal stay and both my AMB and VISA rebates posted within 3 weeks of the stay.
In other words you get both Visa and AMB rebates (20%) of points that you spend?
Old Jul 29, 2012, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Yes - the visa gets 10% back and AMB with the option gets an additional 10% - for 20% total.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 1:03 am

Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - QR Platinum - ITA Executive - IC Diamond Ambassador
Still waiting for my rebates from an award stay end of April...
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:46 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Yes - the visa gets 10% back and AMB with the option gets an additional 10% - for 20% total.
Was the rebate only for IC hotels or for all IHG group hotels?

HTB.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 2:28 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by alc
[FONT="Arial Narrow"][I]MOD: The fine print state:

I already had my 25 nights booked for CP HK under the old rate of 25K (35K with 10K credit back) per night, hence I will get 62.5K (or may even be 87.5K ) I know I will have other reward nights between March Break and July 1st/4th, hence I could even hit the max 100K rebate.

But I do would to get some help from all of you to think thru this, here are my thoughts:

• I normally do not buy hotel points as I stay enough from work to have enough points for all my personal travel
  • But it seems $200 (assumed USD) for minimum 77.5K (15K + 62.K) and with a potential 115K, it sound like a very good bargain!
  • I do not stay at IC, as mentioned above, hence I am really doing this for points and not the benefits. Should I?
  • For those of you that have picked this option in the past, do I have to cancel and re-book my 25 nights CP HK in order to get the 10% rebate? Or will the rebate automatically kick-in after my stay as stated in the fine print
  • If I do need to cancel and re-book, my concern is the about the 250K credit will get reserve from the 10K rate difference that was credited.

Thanks in advance for all your comments/advise.

Regards.
Per the T&C, max rebate is 100K PC points per calendar year, potential to get 200K rebate if ambassador membership period is non-calendar year period. i.e. alternate between the rebate option and non-rebate option when renewing and planning your redemptions accordingly.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 7:12 am
alc
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tobegold
Per the T&C, max rebate is 100K PC points per calendar year, potential to get 200K rebate if ambassador membership period is non-calendar year period. i.e. alternate between the rebate option and non-rebate option when renewing and planning your redemptions accordingly.
I actually just check with the Ambassador desk, it is only 12 months period, not Jan to Dec. So, it is max 100K within the membership period.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 7:14 am
alc
Original Poster

Originally Posted by htb
Was the rebate only for IC hotels or for all IHG group hotels?

HTB.
I would like to know the answer to this question too. I would think (hope) it is all hotels as during my conversation with the agent, I did say the hotel that I had booked in HK is the CP.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:08 pm

Programs: NH PLT+SFC(*G), JL JGC(OW Sapphire), IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by alc
I would like to know the answer to this question too. I would think (hope) it is all hotels as during my conversation with the agent, I did say the hotel that I had booked in HK is the CP.
It should be all brands of IHG if they didn't change the rules.

I got the 10% rebate for a reward night at CP HK Causeway Bay (stayed in Jan and got points in Feb).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.