Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Warning: pointbreaks no-show, credit card charged!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:53 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Is this still strictly enforced by IHG? I realise I am resurrecting a 6 year old thread but there seems to be a lot of posts in this that state having to pay with money for a no-show for something you originally paid for in points may not be ethical or legal? Has anyone been charged money on their CC recently for a no-show they booked with points?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
yes it isan ethical and legally sound practise and published more than adequatly in t+c's. I agree whole heartadly with the practise, it prevents rogues booking award rooms any then not turning up

my only issue is the amount of $$$ is not a known amount at booking time, and is typically flex rate on day of checkin versus a lower flex rate from day of actual reservation

Especially am happy it applied to 5k points breaks in years before summer 2018, where ihgers happily booked speculative 5k PB awards and did not use rooms
downinit likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.