Original Poster

Any orlando holiday inn reviews?

We're planning a family (couple + 2 yr old)vacation in late August near
Disneyworld and was thinking of staying
at the Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort (Lake
Buena Vista) or perhaps the Holiday Inn
on either west or east gate. Not necessarily
firm on these. I'd appreciate any reviews of
the Holiday Inn hotels/resorts in the area.
Thanks very much.

R.
Old Jul 25, 2003, 7:10 am

Check out the reviews at http://www.mousesavers.com/hifs.html

John
Old Jul 25, 2003, 9:20 am

Don't even think about the east/west gate HI properties, they are old and in much need of a facelift. The sunspree property was ok but as i biz traveller i was still unimpressed. I would highly recommend the HIExpress West of Theme Park Area at 105 Summer Bay, Clermont FL. It's only about 5 miles from diz. New property, on a proper resort, very clean rooms, free breakfast, nice staff. Also, either of the crown plaza hotels are also very nice but you will not find many kids at these two hotels. I saw plenty of kids at the Express.

If you've got any further questions just ask, i've stayed at most of the hotels(not just HI) in the area in the past year.
Old Jul 25, 2003, 4:10 pm

My girlfriend stayed at the HI Sun Spree a few weeks ago and I thought it was OK. Lots of kids there but it wasn't too noisy. Looks like a pretty nice swimming pool but it's very crowded there because of all the kids.

By the way, I have a time-share condo for ent at Kissimee, which is very close to Disney World. You can rent a 1-room or 2-room. It comes with a full kitchen, dining room, living room, a pull-out sofa, complimentary continental breakfast, etc.

Below is the link to the resort where my condo is. Contact me if you're interested.

http://www.calypsocay.com/resort/resorthome.html
Old Jul 28, 2003, 7:04 pm

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
I got a Crowne Plaza on HotWire for the weekend of August 23. It was listed at $55 and as a four-star, but I doubt it. I am staying at the Renaissance Orlando Thursday the 21st, which should be a 5-star resort, so I can give you a comparison after my trip if you email me.
Old Jul 29, 2003, 3:49 am
Suspended

The best without any doubt:
www.hifamilysuites.com

Spacious suites, free breakfast, close to all parks, but the most expensive HI in town !

I agree that the HI`s on US 192 in Kissimmee are old, but quite affordable.Maingate East and West are ok, the Nikki Bird Resort is the best of those three.Paid $ 33 for the Nikki Bird some years ago.

CP International Drive is close to Sea World and sometimes relatively cheap, around $ 80.
Nice resort right in the middle of the action.

Make sure to check www.weekendwebsavers.com for last minute rates. The Orlando properties are always available !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.