Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2016, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Gagravarr
Has anyone heard from the Creation complaints team yet? After a number of emails where they tried to fob me off to IHG, and a phone call where they spent nearly 10 minutes blaming alternately IHG or myself, I've been promised the complaints team will be in touch about Creation's inability to credit the right number of points, inability to get the description right on the statement, and their customer services who somehow make Barclaycard look actually half decent....! Strangely enough, their complaints team are apparently ignoring me.
Craigmmorq4 has had a response in the last week I think.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 4:13 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by Gagravarr
Has anyone heard from the Creation complaints team yet? After a number of emails where they tried to fob me off to IHG, and a phone call where they spent nearly 10 minutes blaming alternately IHG or myself, I've been promised the complaints team will be in touch about Creation's inability to credit the right number of points, inability to get the description right on the statement, and their customer services who somehow make Barclaycard look actually half decent....! Strangely enough, their complaints team are apparently ignoring me.
Not heard anything more from them or seen any change in points, it's on my to do list to chase them up!
Old Sep 1, 2016, 4:31 pm

Yep I had a reply from them which was poor and not actually addressing the complaint in general but they gave me the 99 fee back for the inconvenience

Bring back Barclaycard I say and the generous compensation !!!

Originally Posted by chrism20
Craigmmorq4 has had a response in the last week I think.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Just wasted another 25 minutes speaking to the morons in the creation customer service centre.

After entering card details and D.O.B, I was asked for them again!

Had to explain the entire issue to yet another clown, who couldn't grasp the concept of 4 points per £ at IHG.
Was ultimately fobbed off with yet another lame promise of a call back as the other department wouldn't be back in until Monday.

Escalated it to the supervisor and after yet again explaining how there points system should work, was promised yet another call back on Monday and £20 for my trouble.

I will keep you posted!
Old Sep 2, 2016, 1:14 pm

I wish I could distinguish between normal spend and IHG as its impossible without a breakdown as my monthly spend is heavy on the card.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 1:36 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by steve1975l
I wish I could distinguish between normal spend and IHG as its impossible without a breakdown as my monthly spend is heavy on the card.
It's really not that difficult, they round down to the nearest pound.

If you're on the premium black card it's 4 points per pound at IHG and 2 points per pound elsewhere.

If you're on the regular card it's 2 at IHG and 1 elsewhere.

From my conversation today with them, I'd be amazed if anyone's getting double points at IHG, they are clueless about how many points they should be giving.

I've had my 20,000 bonus points and I'm not using the card any more, their management of it is appalling!
Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:24 pm

I'll have to copy and paste into Excel and work it out but I only had one IHG payment on this months bill.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 6:35 am

Have any of you guys managed to get your missing points yet?

That's me just getting round to working out my first two statements and I'm missing atleast 1,000 points by the look of things.

The little pie chart thing says I spent £165 at IHG last month. I had nine IHG nights last month all paid with the card and the F&B spend at ICO2 was more than £165 alone.

Also I've received an email from creation this morning welcoming me as a customer. I've got the £99 card but seem to have been sent the free card welcome email as it mentions that I'm now gold elite and that I get 1 point per pound and 2 at IHG.

This all seems a bit of a mess. I didn't think it would be possible but they are making Barclaycard look good.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 6:38 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
I'm finding similar things with the card too with points not correctly posting. I still have my premium Barclaycard and once I hit the £10k on the Creation card I shall go back to using Barclaycard.

I am disappointed. The sign up process was really swift and left me thinking I had made a good choice. Now I'm hoping Barclaycard don't ditch their IHG relationship anytime soon.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chrism20
Have any of you guys managed to get your missing points yet?

That's me just getting round to working out my first two statements and I'm missing atleast 1,000 points by the look of things.

The little pie chart thing says I spent £165 at IHG last month. I had nine IHG nights last month all paid with the card and the F&B spend at ICO2 was more than £165 alone.

Also I've received an email from creation this morning welcoming me as a customer. I've got the £99 card but seem to have been sent the free card welcome email as it mentions that I'm now gold elite and that I get 1 point per pound and 2 at IHG.

This all seems a bit of a mess. I didn't think it would be possible but they are making Barclaycard look good.
Got exactly the same email at 13:00 hours today. I'm also wondering premium card yet yet any mail to welcome me as a Gold IHG rewards club member!

Despite speaking to a "supervisor "I am still waiting for a call back to tell me that they have managed to correct my points error!

They appear completely incompetent
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by adobbing
Got exactly the same email at 13:00 hours today. I'm also wondering premium card yet yet any mail to welcome me as a Gold IHG rewards club member!

Despite speaking to a "supervisor "I am still waiting for a call back to tell me that they have managed to correct my points error!

They appear completely incompetent
Yeah it's definitely not good so far, I also had issues with the application process so it's been issue after issue from the start with it.

Definitely one to go straight in the drawer once you've hit the £10k particularly with the Barclaycard one still being alive as you can switch to that and still earn points.

Hopefully with the issues affecting everyone it may spark them into gear and they will try and sort it although I'm not holding out much hope at the moment tbh.

Had the email been an isolated issue most of us would probably have just laughed and said somebody's having a bad day and sent the wrong files down to be emailed but due to everything else it just makes them look even more silly.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 1:59 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
I have hit the £10k for the free night. I haven't had issues with the points, just a pain having to check them.

The lack of a mobile app is really annoying for me! I'll probably stick it away and use my Barclaycard IHG going forward.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 5:10 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Weirdly (and perhaps because I haven't made any IHG purchases that would attract double points) everything has gone OK for me so far. Plat status note on a/c before card arrived and no issues using it for spending so far, points post each monthly promptly to IHG. So far so good, although will see how good they are at issuing the free night cert in due course.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 12:39 pm

Free night is at anniversary and hopefully on time.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 9:04 am

I've now put three IHG stays onto this credit card from Creation and none of them have triggered the bonus points. I have emailed them since the 2nd Sep and still no resolution. They stopped responding some time ago, after promising to credit the missing points within 10 working days.

I suspect they're having issues across all accounts to recognise IHG spend.

Total shambles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.