Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
Select option 3 and then ask for Barclay free night!

Though apparently the system is being updated so it can't be done at mo, grrr!
Old May 2, 2013, 2:30 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Another matter that infuriates me is their hair-trigger security department. My card was declined for a purchase yeterday evening by their security. I was at home, easily contactable, but they didn't call me either on landline or mobile, just declined the transaction as it was 'unusual' (which it certainly wasn't for me.) This is easily the 6 or 7th time in a year, though they normally attempt to call first to verify the transaction.

The payment was succesfully pre-authorised by google wallet and had I not checked my email I would not have known and would most likely have lost the film premiere tickets I was buying.
Old May 2, 2013, 6:19 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
They don't work evenings well beyond 8pm. See my previous post, sorry rant re a similar issue a couple of weeks ago when I was trying to purchase flights.
Old May 2, 2013, 12:55 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
now able to book online the Barclaycard free night
Just after I have sent chaser emails asking them when they will swap a regular reward night for my Barclaycard free night!
Old May 2, 2013, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by stanontour
now able to book online the Barclaycard free night
Just after I have sent chaser emails asking them when they will swap a regular reward night for my Barclaycard free night!
Wow, so you can!

These is great, don't need to put my wife on the phone now
Old May 2, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
NEW PC Rewards BLACK Visa card [UK]

Yes indeedy, the barclaycard free night appears on your membership page if you log in (I found it under My Offers in the iPad app). Am now booked in at last !
Old May 2, 2013, 4:24 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Interesting thing about that is I used my free night last Friday, via a booking I made a couple of weeks ago on the phone.

The offer page is showing I still have a free night, and my "used free nights" is showing 0, and it does allow me to use it. Unfortunately my year runs out end of may, so I am unlikely to be able to use this potential extra free night, although it is actually allowing me to book beyond the end of may.

Last edited by tangey; May 2, 2013 at 4:43 pm
Old May 2, 2013, 4:28 pm

Programs: F
NEW PC Rewards BLACK Visa card [UK]

So mine says used=2 but also available=2. Hmmm ....
Old May 2, 2013, 9:12 pm

Programs: F
So I had two free nights showing, the first with validity until A, the second until B.

I tried to book a night between A and B. The booking went through - but it used up the first certificate with validity until A, and the certificate with validity until B remains unused. (No control over this)

Hmmm ...
Old May 3, 2013, 3:34 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by redshift27
So I had two free nights showing, the first with validity until A, the second until B.

I tried to book a night between A and B. The booking went through - but it used up the first certificate with validity until A, and the certificate with validity until B remains unused. (No control over this)

Hmmm ...
My only concern is that the free night would be invalidated at the time of check-in.
Old May 4, 2013, 7:36 am

Programs: BA Silver, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-gb; GT-P7500 Build/IMM76D) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/534.30)

So my 40k sign up bonus and first lot of points (thanks Raffles) have posted to my PCR account. However, my status has only changed to Gold (not the Platinum that the card is supposed to give me). Is this a case of me calling PCR or Barclaycard or should this automatically happen?
Old May 4, 2013, 8:00 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by LHRFlyer
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-gb; GT-P7500 Build/IMM76D) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/534.30)

So my 40k sign up bonus and first lot of points (thanks Raffles) have posted to my PCR account. However, my status has only changed to Gold (not the Platinum that the card is supposed to give me). Is this a case of me calling PCR or Barclaycard or should this automatically happen?
Your status changed only due to 40k points. You moght need to email PCR customer service and alert them to the fact that you have Black card, so they can adjust your status.
Old May 4, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Le Accor Plat
Originally Posted by jms_uk
Your status changed only due to 40k points. You moght need to email PCR customer service and alert them to the fact that you have Black card, so they can adjust your status.
This is exactly right. Mine and my better half's accounts each turned to Gold after 40k points transferred across. I called PC rewards, explained that our PCR accounts should be Plat due to our respective credit cards and within a couple of days both were upgraded.
Old May 4, 2013, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-gb; GT-I9100 Build/IMM76D) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Thanks for confirming.
Old May 31, 2013, 2:43 am

Programs: staralliance
Angry PC Black Visa - points not posting - again!

Folks - my May 5th Statement hasn't posted yet ... after the earlier mess from 2 months back this isn't very promising.

Anyone else had the same issues?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.