Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2013, 1:21 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Ah right thanks.

Check your latest statement people. I have 250 quid worth of spend in ICs on my latest statement and 1600 quids worth of other spend so should have got over 4,000 points (which I really need) and my points balance on the statement is 0 !

Called Barclaycard and they are investigating and will come back to me. Useless.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 3:54 am

I have my free night cert from this card used towards a booking I am about to cancel and use towards another night at a future date.

I have since cancelled this card, and I note that unlike the HH free night cert, there is no unique ref# or anything for the IHG free night cert. Will I be ok to use it again having since cancelled the card? I wonder how PC identify that I have this cert against my acc. to use
Old Mar 13, 2013, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Gut feeling is that you would be best doing the cancellation and rebook in the same call. If you don't have your new date confirmed, simply rebook for a random date in the future and then move it again.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 4:47 am

Programs: BA Silver, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-gb; GT-P7500 Build/IMM76D) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/534.30)

Applied for and received the Black Visa earlier this month. First statement also received with the annual fee charged. My PC Rewards account is still showing as club level rather than platinum that I understand it should be whilst I hold the card. I provided my PC Rewards number when applying. Should the upgrade to platinum happen automatically (and if so how long does this take) or do I need to prod Barclays/PC?
Old Mar 24, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by LHRFlyer
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-gb; GT-P7500 Build/IMM76D) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/534.30)

Applied for and received the Black Visa earlier this month. First statement also received with the annual fee charged. My PC Rewards account is still showing as club level rather than platinum that I understand it should be whilst I hold the card. I provided my PC Rewards number when applying. Should the upgrade to platinum happen automatically (and if so how long does this take) or do I need to prod Barclays/PC?
I would wait until some points have made it across. No guarantee yet they have even tried to access your account.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 6:18 am

Programs: Platinum Ambassador, HH Gold
Could someone please show me where, in the terms and conditions, or any other advertisement or email etc that it says this card bestows Platinum status to holders? I have heard it spoken about but no confirmation.
Thanks
Old Mar 24, 2013, 6:38 am

I dont believe it is any any T&Cs but if I remember, some people have had it show on statement messages. It therefore seems to be an unwritten benefit, though I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
Originally Posted by LHRFlyer

I would wait until some points have made it across. No guarantee yet they have even tried to access your account.
Thanks Raffles. I'll be patient and see what happens after my next statement.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 6:45 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Judgejudy
Could someone please show me where, in the terms and conditions, or any other advertisement or email etc that it says this card bestows Platinum status to holders? I have heard it spoken about but no confirmation.
Thanks
I've never seen it written anywhere. I'm in my second year of having the black card and had to re-qualify for Platinum through points. I wouldn't be surprised if this is perhaps a confusion with the more generous US card.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 7:04 am

Programs: F
It is not shown on the Visa card application websites, but I received an email last October saying:

We are improving your benefits…

Dear Redshift27,

Priority Club Rewards are delighted to offer you guaranteed Gold Elite status for as long as you hold a Priority Club Rewards Visa Card. Not only will you earn points every time you spend on your card but you can enjoy all the privileges of Elite status every time you check into an IHG hotel.

If you hold or upgrade to the Priority Club Rewards Black Visa we'll increase your status to Platinum.

Your status has already been reviewed but for more details on all of the benefits of Priority Club Elite click below.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 6:41 am

It seems to be taking an eternity to get my free night cert released.

My latest call to the card service centre assures me that my details have been added to the spreadsheet, and it's with the loyalty team now.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by trickster
It seems to be taking an eternity to get my free night cert released.

My latest call to the card service centre assures me that my details have been added to the spreadsheet, and it's with the loyalty team now.
It took me about 8 weeks to receive it recently (via email).
Old Mar 27, 2013, 3:48 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
if you have been waiting a while, call 0871 226 1111.

I have been waiting six weeks and was given this number by Barclaycard to call.

When i spoke to IHG the free night was showing against my account and they were able to make the reservation I wanted immediately over the phone.

I never received an email
Old Mar 30, 2013, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA, BAEC, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver.
Re Platinum status for holding PC Black card

After taking out the Black card last year my status changed to gold. There were some post/s on here about status moving to Plat for Black CC holders, I did not receive an email or other notification, but my status did later move to Plat.

Its still at Plat, even though I dropped the card, in January, before the 1st year renewal date (Promo was no fee for 1st 12 months + 40k points).
Old Apr 2, 2013, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by Geoggy
if you have been waiting a while, call 0871 226 1111.

I have been waiting six weeks and was given this number by Barclaycard to call.

When i spoke to IHG the free night was showing against my account and they were able to make the reservation I wanted immediately over the phone.

I never received an email
Great stuff, they've confirmed it's there, and told me how to use it! Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.