Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Pointbreak Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2012, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Flying Bat
re Heythorp
Do you think it's worth checking with the hotel in advance ( of a PB stay ) that some recognition for Plat will be given or is this a waste of time?
I'd say it is a waste of time. I asked the CP River Oaks Houston about Platinum benefits on Entertainment vs Award stays and they sent me a reply that said, "Yes, we upgrade Plats and give breakfast or a cocktail." The last part seemed odd since I stayed there on a AAA rate last year and only got the upgrade. Still, I went with the award stay (PointBreak) and even though the hotel was not full at all, I received only a regular room.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Bat
re Heythorp
Do you think it's worth checking with the hotel in advance ( of a PB stay ) that some recognition for Plat will be given or is this a waste of time?
On one hand you can say there is no harm in asking, and maybe if you don't ask you don't get. There have been some recent reports on upgrades, but personally I have never recieved any type of recognition here. However, the rooms themselves are nice here.
Old May 2, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
anyone heard when the june july ones will be out

hoping some london area ones this time

bit upset nobody has predicted the end of pointsbreaks as we know them for 2 weeks now
Old May 2, 2012, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by drspear
anyone heard when the june july ones will be out

hoping some london area ones this time

bit upset nobody has predicted the end of pointsbreaks as we know them for 2 weeks now
Probably London will appear when the Olympic games is over
Old May 3, 2012, 12:36 pm

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
Shouldn't the list be out soon? I remember it got released in early May last year.
Old May 3, 2012, 1:08 pm

Next PB list coming out May 29 2012 in honor of what would have been JFK's 95th birthday.
Old May 3, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by TAWS
Shouldn't the list be out soon? I remember it got released in early May last year.
The current list lasts until the 31st May, usually they are released only a short time before the expiry of the previous list, so look like a few weeks, but I could be wrong.
Old May 4, 2012, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Amyrlin
The current list lasts until the 31st May, usually they are released only a short time before the expiry of the previous list, so look like a few weeks, but I could be wrong.
Short, as in very.
Old May 5, 2012, 3:08 am

Programs: LH SEN, US Div.; BMI DC; PC Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Gold;Club Carlson
wrong quote

Last edited by rotwein; May 5, 2012 at 3:09 am Reason: wrong quote
Old May 5, 2012, 3:12 am

Programs: LH SEN, US Div.; BMI DC; PC Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Gold;Club Carlson
Originally Posted by Mr Jones
So why does the hotel HIE Frankfurt Messe suck? What reason? Anything in particular wrong with it or is it just because it is a bog standard HIE?
I personally find it one of the better HIE. Nice breakfast included; expecially book with 5k points you cant complain; public transport with bus 37 every 15 minutes from Main Station
Old May 5, 2012, 3:27 am

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
Next PB list coming out May 29 2012 in honor of what would have been JFK's 95th birthday.
Oh, oh. For JFK, I don't mind waiting.

... really though, it's good to know when. Thanks.
Old May 7, 2012, 6:54 am

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Spg, AA, United
Holdiay Inn Westbury, NY Gone from Pointbreakers?

Hi:

I had purchased Daily Getaway points to use at the Westbury NY. It was listed as one of the 5000 point pointerbreaker hotels through 5/31 and is now gone. Is it common that HIG changes the categories after designation?

Thanks

SR
Old May 7, 2012, 7:07 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I don't know how common it is, but I noticed that the Destin, FL - Midbay Bridge HIX was also recently dropped. It still has some award availability during the month of May, but it is now 25K/night rather than 5K.

Luckily for me, I had already grabbed some nights at the 5K level (and have already finished my stay as well.)

You may want to check out the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...on-thread.html thread. It may have more info on what others have seen in terms of hotels being added and disappearing from the list.

Last edited by hhoope01; May 7, 2012 at 7:12 am
Old May 7, 2012, 8:51 am

Programs: ihg plat, hh gold, hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Suzyrox
Is it common that HIG changes the categories after designation?
Yes, it is completely normal that hotels drop off the list at some point - sometimes within a few days.

You still have the option of another pointbreak hotel within 10 miles, so it's not all bad.
Old May 8, 2012, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by Mr Jones
So why does the hotel HIE Frankfurt Messe suck? What reason? Anything in particular wrong with it or is it just because it is a bog standard HIE?
It's not a terrible hotel but I do almost all my PC stays at IC/CP so it was a step down for me. I agree with previous posts that while the rooms are very basic, the lobby/breakfast area is actually not bad. The breakfast selection itself was adequate as well, for the price range. Personally I'd stay somewhere more central as the hotel location is not the best for either the train station or Messe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.