Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador Free Weekend Night Coupon

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2011, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Ambassador Free Weekend Night Coupon

How difficult is it to book a night using the Ambassador free weekend coupon? I have a coupon expiring next month that I have been trying to use but am unable to find availability of the necessary "weekend rate". I probably should have planned better in order to use it but I was unaware of the weekend rate requirement.

What are your experiences and suggestions? Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere. I did a search but did not find this topic elsewhere.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 6:44 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
For relevant threads on here, Look for BOGO (buy one get one) which is the short hand named used on FT for the weekend voucher.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 4:35 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Melia Silver
I don't know if it helps but you can try platinum 72 hours guarantee to get you in.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 4:42 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by bumburuck
I don't know if it helps but you can try platinum 72 hours guarantee to get you in.
The 72 hour Platinum Guarantee does not apply to the Ambassador Weekend Certificate. The certificate clearly states that the rooms are subject to availability at the Certificate Weekend Rate. The number of rooms are limited at this rate. Quite often there are rooms available at the Best Flexible Rate, but not on the Weekend Rate.

mxm135
Old Sep 12, 2011, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Would it be worth taking the coupon and presenting upon arrival? How likely are they to accept it?
Old Sep 12, 2011, 5:55 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by drbrog
Would it be worth taking the coupon and presenting upon arrival? How likely are they to accept it?
This is somewhat risky as the hotel does not have to honour it if the appropriate rate is not booked.

Try calling the Ambassador Service Centre and see if they can book the weekend rate for you or contact the hotel on your behalf to see if they would free up a room on the Ambassador Weekend Rate. There is no harm in trying.

mxm135
Old Sep 12, 2011, 7:03 pm

Programs: ICH plat RA,HH Dia
Originally Posted by drbrog
How difficult is it to book a night using the Ambassador free weekend coupon? I have a coupon expiring next month that I have been trying to use but am unable to find availability of the necessary "weekend rate". I probably should have planned better in order to use it but I was unaware of the weekend rate requirement.

What are your experiences and suggestions? Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere. I did a search but did not find this topic elsewhere.
Is the issue that you are not able to log into the appropriate rate site? I had this problem last night for awhile and finally worked after several tries
Old Sep 13, 2011, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bello
Is the issue that you are not able to log into the appropriate rate site? I had this problem last night for awhile and finally worked after several tries
I contacted them by email and was told the weekend rate was not available. It might be worth calling as it is more difficult to reject someone over the phone than it is by email.

Is it likely that the hotel will confirm my room rate when I check in? I would think that they would just take the coupon and say thanks. I've been there 5 times in the past year.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 1:55 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Call the hotel directly and discuss the situation with the hotel. Available dates and available room types vary from one hotel to another so the hotel can better advise on the options (or lack of options). No value in booking a BOGO without available upgrades as other rates may be a better option.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 2:08 pm

Programs: IC PLAT AMB, clubcarlson Concierge, Le Club Accor Gold
Exclamation

Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
Call the hotel directly and discuss the situation with the hotel. ...
this is the best advise. it depends all of the booking situation of every single hotel.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 2:13 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by schauschun
this is the best advise. it depends all of the booking situation of every single hotel.
+1

It's actually the best advice whenever you are faced with a situation where a certain hotel is not offering availability (or is offering unusually expensive availability) on dates one is looking for.

I've been able to secure rooms at great rates at certain properties I frequent, even when those rooms are being marketed at far higher rates or showing as sold out!

Bigger, well run hotels always keep a kind of 'reserve' inventory that they can use for IRROPS etc.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:51 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
www.intercontinental.com/AMBWeekend -- room selection, or lack of

www.intercontinental.com/AMBWeekend

Room selection varies by hotel dramatically. Washington DC Willard, Hong Kong & New York Times Square include options for superior and deluxe rooms but both San Francisco IC include only standard rooms. Little opportunity for an upgrade from a standard room even for a Royal Ambassador at the IC San Francisco or the Mark Hopkins so hesitate to book a BOGO weekend at either. The travel will involve three people total so two sleeping areas are desired. The options for the San Francisco properties would not be good options. The Chicago Magnificent Mile and the associated suites for $329 would be a better option in my opinion but not the desired location.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by schauschun
Thanks, will do and update with my experience.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 11:38 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Can someone give me an idea of what the paid "Ambassador" rate for the paid night will be when using the BOGO.

For example, at the intercontinental hotel montelucia resort or intercontinental hotel clement in monterey bay.

At face value--this seems a way to gouge the member, offering one "free night" with what could be a very high rate the second night.

Also--does the Ambassador upgrade benefit apply during the membership year for stays where one is using PC points?

Last edited by travelexpert; Sep 24, 2011 at 11:59 pm
Old Sep 25, 2011, 5:33 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Tried the AMB rate for the Clement for next weekend (Sep 30-Oct 2). The AMB nightly rate is the same as the best flexible rate, i.e. $399 per night. So no gouging at least in this instance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.