Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Indigo Lower East Side [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2016, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Alaska MVP 75, UA Silver, Starwod/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Hotel Indigo Lower East Side [Master Thread]

Anyone stayed at this brand new hotel? Choosing between this or IC Times Square for 3 night stay in March and I will need to make up my mind before devaluation takes effect next Wed. I was learning towards IC as I would need to be around Times Square for Broadway shows. But this Hotel Indigo has gotten phenomenal reviews on TA. I usually stay in Midtown and this might be a good change of scenery as well.

Even hotel also has gotten great reviews but I am looking for something a bit more upscale...
Old Feb 14, 2016, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by NotAnother
Anyone stayed at this brand new hotel? Choosing between this or IC Times Square for 3 night stay in March and I will need to make up my mind before devaluation takes effect next Wed. I was learning towards IC as I would need to be around Times Square for Broadway shows. But this Hotel Indigo has gotten phenomenal reviews on TA. I usually stay in Midtown and this might be a good change of scenery as well.

Even hotel also has gotten great reviews but I am looking for something a bit more upscale...
I will be there in March, and make of course a full report.

I am definitely not a big fan of Times Square district, and very happy that IHG has now a property in one of the most creative districts of the city (and was very disappointed that HI Lower East Side, which has excellent location, was not an Indigo or Kimpton).

Last edited by nicolas75; Sep 30, 2023 at 6:30 am
Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Ohh great, looking forward to your report then. I'm booked there in May and need to decide between Indigo and Barclay (both on points). I do like the fact that there is lots of interesting places around the Indigo incl. Katz Deli being almost a stones throw away.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by demue
Ohh great, looking forward to your report then. I'm booked there in May and need to decide between Indigo and Barclay (both on points). I do like the fact that there is lots of interesting places around the Indigo incl. Katz Deli being almost a stones throw away.
Avoid Katz's - these days it's a rip-off tourist joint.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:41 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I see, last time I went there was a few years ago admittedly. Any other good suggestions for a NY Deli then? If you don't mind you can send me a PM with some suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. If not no worries, I do appreciate the pointer.

I'll probably still give Katz another try for nostalgia sake and given I'm going to be there as a tourist I guess I'll fit in just fine

Last edited by demue; Feb 14, 2016 at 8:47 am
Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by patgarrett
Avoid Katz's - these days it's a rip-off tourist joint.
Yes, Katz's is overpriced, and yes, plenty of tourists go there.

But they also sell a darned good corned beef or pastrami sandwich, way better than most other places.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by wideman
Yes, Katz's is overpriced, and yes, plenty of tourists go there.

But they also sell a darned good corned beef or pastrami sandwich, way better than most other places.
+1

I love Il Laboratorio del gelato, an icecream shop, just opposite.

One of the - numerous - cool places in the district:
https://twitter.com/nicolas75flyert/...73830517563392
https://twitter.com/nicolas75flyert/...45467799240705
https://twitter.com/nicolas75flyert/...46601171456000
https://twitter.com/nicolas75flyert/...40300647419904
https://twitter.com/nicolas75flyert/...38327101546496

Last edited by nicolas75; Feb 14, 2016 at 3:52 pm
Old Feb 15, 2016, 1:19 am

Thanks, we will have a look. Nice pictures of the IC Marseille by the way.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by demue
Nice pictures of the IC Marseille by the way.
Thanks ^
Old Mar 2, 2016, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Anyone stayed here yet? Just got a great rate on four nights in a week's time and wondered if the glowing reviews I'd read elsewhere on the web were justified.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 7:25 am

Programs: IHG Pl. Amb / Accor Gold / Hilton Gold /FB Gold / M&M SEN
Also interested in some FT experiences - have a (points) booking in May and wonder if I can expect any plat benefits? Don't care too much about room size, but a nice view upgrade would be great.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 12:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Intercontinental Ambassador, Delta
I haven't stayed at this new property yet, but was not at all impressed with the Indigo in Chicago. As for deli, my favorite is Sarge's Deli. It's on 3rd Ave, between 36th and 37th, so not terribly far after the theater.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 12:41 am

Programs: Flying blue
I'm guessing this is in north america somewhere???
Old Mar 29, 2016, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Full review:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26406196-post54.html
Old Mar 30, 2016, 4:44 am

Thanks, at best a "so so" from what I read in your review - hard product (design) aside. I got the choice between Barclays (on 50K points redemption) or Indigo (paid at a pretty decent corp rate) and given the novelty of the renovated Barclay (aside from smallish rooms) I'll go for the IC based on what I hear from you.

Saves money and will be interesting to see what they have done to the place. Also most of our activities place us more into the midtown area. Now we just need to keep our fingers crossed that the IC Barclay sticks to the exact reopening date as we arrive on May 1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.