Wiki Posts
Search

Visa 10% rebate-reward night

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2011, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Visa 10% rebate-reward night

Maybe I'm brain dead but I looked at the things I registered for and can't find or recall this... 8000 points just posted to my account... can someone tell me what its for..??? Thanks in advance!!
Old Apr 22, 2011, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Buzzman
Maybe I'm brain dead but I looked at the things I registered for and can't find or recall this... 8000 points just posted to my account... can someone tell me what its for..??? Thanks in advance!!
10% rebate for having PC Visa, and booking rewards. You must have spent some 80K pts in the past month or so.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mnredfox
10% rebate for having PC Visa, and booking rewards. You must have spent some 80K pts in the past month or so.
Hmmm I did... but I canceled them and used a bogo instead.. oops I forgot.. I used 6 nights at 40K/night in Bora Bora in late March.. OK.. sort of makes sense.. but maybe I'll get some more as that was 240K
Old Apr 22, 2011, 10:23 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by Buzzman
Hmmm I did... but I canceled them and used a bogo instead.. oops I forgot.. I used 6 nights at 40K/night in Bora Bora in late March.. OK.. sort of makes sense.. but maybe I'll get some more as that was 240K
I wish I could get there to use points. I am very jealous.

Did you perhaps have multiple reservations booked for those 6 nights? Maybe one reservation for 2 & one for 4 nights.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ksucats
I wish I could get there to use points. I am very jealous.

Did you perhaps have multiple reservations booked for those 6 nights? Maybe one reservation for 2 & one for 4 nights.
Actually I was there 8 nights... 6 on points and 2 with a bogo... the one night I paid for was over $1000 a.i.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 7:52 am
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
I've read the T&Cs on the rebate offer, but I'm still not sure how the rebate is triggered.

Does any redemption you make while you possess the card trigger the rebate (even if you use another card for incidentals on check-out)... or, is it triggered by entering the card details when you make the reservation?
Old Apr 23, 2011, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by LRD
I've read the T&Cs on the rebate offer, but I'm still not sure how the rebate is triggered.

Does any redemption you make while you possess the card trigger the rebate (even if you use another card for incidentals on check-out)... or, is it triggered by entering the card details when you make the reservation?
I think it is triggered by just having the card & staying on points.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The rebate does not require guaranteeing the reservation/paying for incidentals with the PC Select credit card. It applies to ALL redemptions.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by soitgoes
The rebate does not require guaranteeing the reservation/paying for incidentals with the PC Select credit card. It applies to ALL redemptions.
Yes correct.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 1:39 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Wow I wish I had that card. Redeemed close to 700K points on my last group holiday
Old Apr 24, 2011, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsed
Wow I wish I had that card. Redeemed close to 700K points on my last group holiday
There is a Max yearly rebate of 100k, but it is a nice card.

Last edited by soitgoes; Apr 27, 2011 at 7:39 pm Reason: correct yearly cap
Old Apr 24, 2011, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Duplicate!

Last edited by soitgoes; Apr 27, 2011 at 7:39 pm Reason: Duplicate!
Old Apr 24, 2011, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
I had this "mysterious" 2K points
post 2 weeks ago under this promo.

No stays of any kind,
but I did renew AMB for 20K, so that has to be it !
Old Apr 24, 2011, 6:47 pm

Programs: WN A List Preferred and CP, AA, IHG Spire, Hertz #1 Gold 5*, Hilton Diamond, Enterprise Platinum
Originally Posted by mnredfox
no points posted here. I have PC visa and have paid for rooms. where is the link or the T of C for this promo?
Old Apr 24, 2011, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by doctall41
no points posted here. I have PC visa and have paid for rooms. where is the link or the T of C for this promo?
You get the reward only on paid nights. Not on reward nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.