Wiki Posts
Search

"Win it in a minute" trivia

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2011, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by iamthehpt
Thanks OP. I just got notified that I won 5500 points for yesterday's daily prize!!!!!
I finally won a daily as well!
Old Jan 27, 2011, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
hmmm..
frankly I dont know the reason but it would be tough for me to believe that no other developed country ( SIN, Japan, Germany,Swiss etc etc) have lawa for contests.. I believe many many hotel chains do have contests for most regions including those normally exempted from IHG contests for some reason
I think it may be more to do with IHG legal department at the max or just that they dont wanna target clients in regions where they are already getting decent business (its just a guess)..
For eg.. In 2009, they had the free nights contests in Asia too, while the last time IIRC, the rules changed..
I am not a lawyer, but here's an article from a lawyer on this topic.

http://www.yourlegalcorner.com/artic...%20Alert&ID=27
Old Jan 27, 2011, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Utter nonsense!
all promos are very clear about which laws should apply if you participate
you accept that.
For this promo it is

Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in
connection with the Trivia Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
The sweepstakes themselves still need to comply with local law. Easy to find info on this on the Internet (eg wikipedia or the article I linked above).

Using your argument, I suppose the operators of online gambling sites could get away with offering them to US players by writing "the laws of XYZ apply" (XYZ being a country where only gambling is allowed), but as far as I know, the US government doesn't see it that way and has arrested management of large offshore online gambling companies when they tried to enter the US.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 9:19 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by DoubleJ
Tried for the first time today. Got a score good enough for a low 20's placement, but doubt this will make the cut by the end of the day.
Guess I made the cut!
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
Speed

Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see how the top people get the scores they do. The top person today have 47000+ obviously they answered all 5 questions right, but they would have had to read the question, all the answers click the right radio button and click next in something like 2 seconds. It takes me longer to move my mouse than 2 seconds...

Is there some sort of speed shortcuts I am missing? Granted I am a slow reader, but DANG!

Bang...also my first flyertalk post...been lurking for awhile.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:42 am

Programs: DL, AT, HH Diamond, PC Plat AMB
Originally Posted by IPBrian
Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see how the top people get the scores they do. The top person today have 47000+ obviously they answered all 5 questions right, but they would have had to read the question, all the answers click the right radio button and click next in something like 2 seconds. It takes me longer to move my mouse than 2 seconds...

Is there some sort of speed shortcuts I am missing? Granted I am a slow reader, but DANG!

Bang...also my first flyertalk post...been lurking for awhile.
I don't get it either. I am a very fast reader, but cannot score more than 7500 per question on average...which is nowhere near 47000
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Echarais
I don't get it either. I am a very fast reader, but cannot score more than 7500 per question on average...which is nowhere near 47000
Couldn't agree more!...some of the questions are a few lines and by the time you read them properly and look down to the possible answers and move your mouse its on about 7 - 8,000.

Haven't even bothered with today's yet. Overall its fun, but not as good as the Anywhere challenge.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Goonerfish
Couldn't agree more!...some of the questions are a few lines and by the time you read them properly and look down to the possible answers and move your mouse its on about 7 - 8,000.

Haven't even bothered with today's yet. Overall its fun, but not as good as the Anywhere challenge.
Try doing it on dial-up!
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:28 am

While I am enjoying playing the game, I am honestly a little dismayed at this promo. I mean, IHG seems determined to hand out millions of points one way or another, to further dilute their value to nothing. No wonder Pointbreaks have turned into utter trash when they hand out points like candy for everything.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mareh
Try doing it on dial-up!
Well, I think the whole thing loads first, so connection speed shouldn't enter into the equation here.

I think I once got a 10K on a question, but, of course, I didn't get five right that day.

My wife's account is still in the top 50 for the week so far, so if she does OK tomorrow, she could get some points. She is getting 5K for one day already.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:43 am

Well, I too won 5000 points for yesterday. Now I just need to do well tomorrow and I can hold on to 15000 for the week.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Well, I think the whole thing loads first, so connection speed shouldn't enter into the equation here.

I think I once got a 10K on a question, but, of course, I didn't get five right that day.

My wife's account is still in the top 50 for the week so far, so if she does OK tomorrow, she could get some points. She is getting 5K for one day already.
I already reported winning on dial up, but there have been questions that involved photos, and those took about five extra seconds to load. I have had a few other glitches as well that I doubt people are geting on high speed.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
The contestant pool is smaller than I expected, at least for now. Before I took today's quiz I checked my standings, with a score of 0 I was in the top 300 for the day.

I aced the questions and am currently top 50 for the week, unless I butcher tomorrow this promo has given me enough points for gold qualification. I can happily use them but am not sure why ICHG feels the need to dump this many points into circulation.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
The contestant pool is smaller than I expected, at least for now. Before I took today's quiz I checked my standings, with a score of 0 I was in the top 300 for the day.

I aced the questions and am currently top 50 for the week, unless I butcher tomorrow this promo has given me enough points for gold qualification. I can happily use them but am not sure why ICHG feels the need to dump this many points into circulation.
I agree: the pool seems small.

No doubt, but the end of the promo, we won't feel this way.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
There's something fishy about the top scorers for the week, HJ K, GY P, DB L. I hope PC cracks down on these accounts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.