Search

HI in Florida

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2011, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold LH Silver PriorityClub Platinum
HI in Florida

Hello to all the US Experts

Looking to redeem points in March/ April for a vacation split between Orlando and Miami

Any recommendations on best properties and ones to avoid

thanks in advance
Old Jan 10, 2011, 6:45 am

Programs: ICH Platinum Royal Ambassador Member, SPG Gold, Honnors Silver, Delta
http://www.zoceanhotelsouthbeach.com/
Old Jan 10, 2011, 8:09 am

A little more information about your trip may help with recommendations. Party size, how many nights, what you want to do, will you have a car?, are you also an Ambassador?, etc. etc.
Without more details, here is a quick response:

Miami, as tiebomber noted : CP Z Ocean - 25k reward nights are a deal.

Orlando: CP Universal - Good reviews here and on TA (25k night)
Old Jan 10, 2011, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold LH Silver PriorityClub Platinum
trip details

Spending first two weeks of April in Florida. intention to start off in Orlando drive south to Miami down to key West and then back up on West coast to fly back from Orlando

2 adults plus car

Platinum holder

thanks all
Old Jan 10, 2011, 1:46 pm

Programs: dl plat
The HI in Highland Beach (right between Boca Raton and Delray) has a great location for quiet relaxation. I have never stayed here but often visit a neighboring residential building and think how nice the hotel seems from the outside.

It is directly on a very quiet and beautiful beach. There is nothing walking distance from here (except more quiet beach), but downtown Delray entertainment district as well as Boca are all 10 min car ride away. It is a few minutes away from I-95, a few further from the Turnpike.

Again, never been here... but it seems like an really nice location to relax for a day or two.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 4:30 pm

I will add a few properties for you to consider.
IC Miami - 30k, right in Downtown Miami, highrise hotel - can have good views of Biscayne Bay, short drives to everthing Maimi has to offer.
CP Key West La Concha - 25k, only choice in town with IHG, right in the middle of everything.
HIE Marathon - 25k, Brand new hotel, halfway between Miami and Key West. may be good place for a stopover if needed.
HI Sanibel - 25k, West coast option on the beach and on the island of Sanibel. Quiet/secluded, lots of biking and walking available, shelling on the beach.
Since you will have an auto, check the parking fees at the hotels.
These are just a few options. It really depends on what you want to do while in Florida, and availability of course.
You will also find useful information in this thread:
Florida:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/florida-451/
Orlando:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/orlando-466/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.