Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stay Credit as a no-show

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2010, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Stay Credit as a no-show

Hi, I'm working on the crack my stay promo but I've hit a problem.

I need to stay at 5 brands, but in Asia, the region I live in, their is only 1 fifth brand hotel ( meaning not HI, HIX, CP, OR IC) and it is a 7 hour flight away. (the Indigo in Shanghai)

Can anyone tell me if I Book an advance purchase stay at say Candlewood Suites Desmoines Iowa, well I get a stay a credit if I pay but don't actually check in?

Thanks
Old Sep 25, 2010, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
It is called a stay-credit, not a no-stay-credit. At least you need to check in, however, you might find a hotel that will check you in by phone....
Old Sep 26, 2010, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
It is called a stay-credit, not a no-stay-credit. At least you need to check in, however, you might find a hotel that will check you in by phone....
Was there any point to the first part of your post, or had you just been saving the line up for awhile and finnaly found a place to use it? , but thanks for the input.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by camsean
Was there any point to the first part of your post, or had you just been saving the line up for awhile and finnaly found a place to use it? , but thanks for the input.
Given the language of your question I could only assume that you (a) either did not do a search on this questions that had been raised more than a 100 times or (b) did not understand the difference between a stay and a non-stay. For the benefit of the doubt I assumed that you - as an experienced member - did do a search before starting a new thread, so I could only assume that (b) is correct.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 7:56 am

Points for a no-show?

I have a prepaid booking tonight that it seems unlikely that I will be able to use tonight as something at home that is urgent needs my attention. A few questions if anyone can help please.

Will I still be credited with a stay and the points seeing as the room is prepaid?

If that is not the case , is it worth me ringing the hotel and explaining it to them and asking them to check-in?

If I dont get any points , can I query it with Holiday Inn at a later date and see if they will assume that there had been an admin error at check-in and credit me anyway?

Your experiences are most welcome, thanks.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 8:55 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.314 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

Unlikely that you'll get any points for this stay - you may be able to get the hotel to change the stay to another date which you can use, if you call them and they're feeling generous.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
I have found that if I can get to the hotel manager, and he knows he can resell the room, he will cancel the reservation without the penalty fee.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 2:08 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
PC, if you call them will re-book a prepaid night to some night in the future.. same hotel... I just had to cancel two nights at the IC Warsaw for later this week... called PC and they rebooked them for me in December.... I'm too late on this response I know but for in the future...
Old Aug 1, 2011, 9:02 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
In the past, I have been able to get the hotel to give me the points even though I did not stay, so it's worth calling, asking to speak with IN HOUSE reservations, and explaining that you don't want the room so they can release it for sale, keep your prepaid money but would they mind giving you the points.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 3:50 pm

Thank you for the replies. In the end I left it too late to phone the hotel, so i waited a few days to see if I received any points , and my account was credited with a stay and points as if I had actually stayed there
Old Dec 29, 2011, 8:19 am

Cool Stay credit possible for charged no-show?

I wonder if anyone has ever had any success in requesting stay credit for a stay that you no-showed for, but were still charged for due to the cancellation policy associated with the booking?

I was recently very delayed by Continental and was forced to spend the night in NYC, rather than the IC Miami as planned.

Anyone have any experience of this?
Old Dec 29, 2011, 8:26 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Sometimes successful if you get them to mail/fax you a copy of the folio. That might trigger a stay credit. I have phoned/emailed hotel to request in past.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I once missed my flight and could not check-in at the resort. I called the hotel to inform about my situation.

I was then charged the first night... and get points fir the whole (non)-stay
Old Dec 30, 2011, 8:54 am

Programs: DL FO MM, AA EXP MM, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Good suggestions, I have never had any luck getting credit for a no show, I will try these in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.