Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Queenstown (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2011, 6:14 am

Programs: AA, UA
Holy kiwi NZ$33 (US$24) for a 24-hour wi-fi! I thought Las Vegas hotels were already big ripoffs. I hope they also sell wi-fi by hour as one shouldn't spend much time online in the beautiful Queenstown!
Old May 19, 2011, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Take a stroll, enjoy the fresh air and visit the internet cafes a few minutes away.

Far more reasonable.
Old May 20, 2011, 12:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

My wife and I enjoyed a lovely three night stay here a couple of years ago. We got a fantastic rate probably due to the time of year...early June.
My only regret is that the weather was not warm enough to sit out in the balcony and enjoy the fantastic view. I would certainly go back. ^
Old Aug 17, 2011, 9:37 am

Can I ask you a question? Are you able to hear the street car passing by kind of noise from your room? Are you able to sleep well with ZERO car noise? The street in front of the hotel is actually the busiest street in Queenstown. There are buses passing by and all kinds of tour buses, big and small car passing every minute...It is indeed a very convenient location if you want to just walk to restaurant to have lunch or dinner. I was thinking of staying in this CP next time when I visit Queenstown again but I was concerned if there is any noise. After all, I go there to relax.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 3:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Don't recall any street noise but it was during the off peak season and the road was very quiet.
If you're worried don't get a room to the front.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Don't recall any street noise but it was during the off peak season and the road was very quiet.
If you're worried don't get a room to the front.
Our stay was in January, so peak.

I agree with HIDDY, though I'd say opting out of a lake view (front) would be a pity.

Did I mention the stale cigarette dogends on the balcony from previous occupants of our nominally non-smoking room?
Old Aug 18, 2013, 9:46 pm

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Any idea how the free wi-fi is here for golds and plats? Is it fully unlimited or capped by time or MBs?
Old Nov 28, 2013, 7:59 pm

Any recent reviews about his hôtel?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 8:25 am

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Any updates?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, ICH Plat RA, Hyatt Diamond, LAN Prem Silver
I have stayed there many times over the years
and it has always been excellent.
The staff are incredibly friendly.
Well worth joining the priority privilege
before it changes.
I would be happy to be your referrer!
Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:20 pm

Currently here....very disappointed with the room. We paid for a Lake View Room expecting a room on the first building however are currently in room 707 which still has a lake view however clearly not as nice as building one. We are platinum as well. Hotel is full and so were told this is the best room we could have ....staff are OK, bar is good however I am not sure I would pick the CP over the Hilton if staying here again....
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:06 am

Any recent stays here? Last one posted was in 2014.

Just curious to to know the condition of the rooms and hotel in general. Didn't see anything about refurbishment of any sort after taking over from the previous hotel, Parc Royal; which someone said was in need of uplift. That's more than 10 years ago.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cxua
Any recent stays here? Last one posted was in 2014.

Just curious to to know the condition of the rooms and hotel in general. Didn't see anything about refurbishment of any sort after taking over from the previous hotel, Parc Royal; which someone said was in need of uplift. That's more than 10 years ago.
I was there recently. I liked the hotel. Breakfast was good, view beautiful. Coffee machine in room is a saver.

The room is the old fares from a decade ago. But things are working perfectly and nothing shows neglects.

If you are used to the European or American style Crowne Plazas and had low expectations or just excited about queenstown, you will enjoy your stay. But if you are imaging this hotel as a Four Seasons, or expecting the hotel to be a modern Asian new built, you will be disappointed.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by chongcao
I was there recently. I liked the hotel. Breakfast was good, view beautiful. Coffee machine in room is a saver.

The room is the old fares from a decade ago. But things are working perfectly and nothing shows neglects.

If you are used to the European or American style Crowne Plazas and had low expectations or just excited about queenstown, you will enjoy your stay. But if you are imaging this hotel as a Four Seasons, or expecting the hotel to be a modern Asian new built, you will be disappointed.
Thanks for your assessment. I was not expecting Four Seasons but definitely hoped it would be better than the average CP or HI from the US. It is after all a mid scale price wise.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cxua
Thanks for your assessment. I was not expecting Four Seasons but definitely hoped it would be better than the average CP or HI from the US. It is after all a mid scale price wise.
It is really an average British/European old style Crowne Plaza with good maintenance and service. Better than average, maybe. Certainly not US style. The room size is good/OK for British/Australasia standard. The variety of coffee and tea in the room is amazing. Breakfast is good. Overall it is a well ran hotel. The IHG review site on this hotel is very accurate. Maybe you can read from there.
Boraxo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.