Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sweet Dilemma promo?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2010, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Sweet Dilemma promo?

Anyone think that this promo could piggyback with Crack the Case?

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...y_sweetdilemma
Old Aug 30, 2010, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I was wondering what PC's real 4thQ promo would be and this appears to be it, similar to the one they did last year at this time. It should be concurrent with the Crack the Case since they appears to be nothing in the T&Cs of either restricting one from participating in other bonuses. And as we've seen, not everyone got targeted for the CtC promo. (Curious about the Pacific/Asia exclusion, but IIRC Japan was cut out of last year's promo.)

Thanks for the head's up on this one.

---------------------

The promo is rather complex but like last year's version if one opts for the free nights (which can be redeemed for stays from December of this year through May of next) we still get stay/night credits towards elite status (or RA renewal) and the CtC requirements. However, stays in the excluded regions will earn normal points/miles though wording seems to exclude elite bonuses, but not specific property-related bonuses.

Think I will opt for the free nights. I have four stays in the excluded region that will still earn me points, but also a few elsewhere that will get the nights which will come in handy in the new year for stays in Europe (but would only earn about 7K, and maybe 11K if I opted for the double points, so 2 free nights is certainly a better ROI). At least this takes away some of the pain of the CtC promo which penalized those who are high level stayers at ICHG properties.

Last edited by Shareholder; Aug 30, 2010 at 9:17 am
Old Aug 30, 2010, 6:54 am

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Oh well, looks like it'll be double points for me with Asia Pacific getting no love (I guess they must be filling the hotels in this region without giving the rooms away )
Old Aug 30, 2010, 7:23 am

wow, double promo time with crack the case and sweet deal.

I now see me sending some October stays to ICH. I just wish it started in early Sept since I have some upcoming travel, but am happy in any case.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 8:15 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Anyone think that this promo could piggyback with Crack the Case?

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...y_sweetdilemma
The T&C of the Sweet Dilemma promotion seem to state the Crack the Case bonus is combinable with this promotion.

Sweet Dilemma Terms and Conditions
14. Frequency Credits:
(a) During Free Nights Promotion Period: Once registered for the Free Nights Promotion and during the Promotion Period, Members will not earn base or elite Priority Club points, airline miles, or any other frequency credit earning preference Members have chosen (“Frequency Credits”) for the room rate, food and beverage charges or any other incidental charges for any stays at any IHG hotel (except at hotels in those countries in which the Promotion is void), whether pursuant to this Promotion or otherwise, even if the Member has previously registered for, or is otherwise qualified for, another promotion and even if the Member has already earned the maximum of five Free Nights during the Promotion Period. In other words, participation in this Free Nights Promotion excludes the receipt of base and elite Frequency Credits for stays from the date of registration for this Free Nights Promotion until December 31, 2010. Bonus Frequency Credits, however, will be awarded pursuant to the terms of any other promotion in which Member is participating.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Definitely seems to be mattress run time! I will be checking out cheap properties for Sat night stays to hit my Crack The Case target and knock up some free night credits.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 11:09 am

yay
DC has some properties for $50 after taxes w/ free breakfast. : )

And I'd wager the best properties in Miami won't be able to give you free room. I hope I lose but I will be on at 6am when they release the calendar of free rooms. : )
Old Aug 30, 2010, 12:56 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Double pts stackable with other double pts promo?

There is already a double points promo out for the same period, is the double pts with this promo stackable (effectively triple points)? My travel plans for the redemption period is all in asia so the free nights will be useless to me.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 12:58 pm

Poor wording in the Ts+Cs?

The Ts+Cs state:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

1. Eligibility: Must be a Priority Club® Rewards (“PCR”) member (“Member”) to participate in either the Free Night or the Double Points/Miles Promotion. To join PCR for free, visit www.priorityclub.com. Must register PCR membership number in advance at www.priorityclub.com/sweetdilemma. and provide a valid email address. Residents of Asia Pacific countries are not eligible;

Now this is for the whole promo. But the box just above for Why Choose Double Points says If you are an Asia Pacific resident....this is the promo for you.

It is clear to me that Asia Pacific hotels are not eligible either for accrual or redemption of free nights.

What is not clear is exactly what Asia Pacific residents are eligible for. Number 1) of the Ts+Cs seems to say we are not eligible at all for the promo whereas the second quote above says we are eligble for the double points.

There is no clear statement that we are not eligible for the Free Nights promo even if staying at non-AsiaPacific hotels but are eligible for the double points promo.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 1:01 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Just went to register for the double miles - says I am already registered, looks like by registering for the other double miles promo last week you cannot register for double miles with this promo.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Asian/Pacific members can certainly register for either one but only stays outside the region will count towards the promo you choose. Otherwise you'd get normal earnings at the excluded properties. That's how I interpret the T&Cs.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 8:03 pm

Programs: LH Sen, IHG Spire, Hertz Pres.
As I will have more than 10 nights during that period, and I want to take full advantage of this promotion, it would mean for me:

- Try to avoid staying longer than one day in one hotel

- As for the 11th stay and more I will not get anything at all:
Either: not using my PC number but e.g. my LH number to get 500 miles there (no Plat advantages though)
Or: book a different hotel chain and get points there.

It is the same as the last time when the free nights promotion was on:
PC does not like customers having more than 10 stays between Sep 20 and Dec 31.

Last time I stayed a few nights in Wyndham hotels, where I also could get free nights.

Does anybody have an idea which other chain is going to have a similar promotion?

Last edited by LHWolf; Aug 30, 2010 at 8:04 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 30, 2010, 9:05 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Hyatt has a pretty good Q4 promo, which earns 2,000 points per night (encouraging the longer stay), in increments of 5 nights (you get no points for the first 4, then 10,000 after the 5th), and is unlimited. With 10 nights, you'd have almost enough points for one night in their top tier, or 4 nights in some basic (Hyatt Place) properties. You can also earn airline miles on the qualifying stays.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-5-nights.html
Originally Posted by LHWolf
Does anybody have an idea which other chain is going to have a similar promotion?

Last edited by slocouple; Aug 30, 2010 at 10:03 pm
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:18 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Asian/Pacific members can certainly register for either one
If your address is in Asia-Pacific you get this message:

You are not eligible to participate in the Free Nights promotion. You are eligible to participate in the Double Points or Miles promotion.. click here

What has Asia-pacific done to annoy IHG?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:22 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Originally Posted by harryhv

What has Asia-pacific done to annoy IHG?
They are very good in scripts writing

Jokes aside, I think they have very cheap hotels in Asia - too easy to achieve free nights.. and there can be some more reasons ofcourse..

Last edited by olegator; Aug 31, 2010 at 12:24 am Reason: mental disorder

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.