Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza - Z Ocean Hotel South Beach Miami (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2013, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Don't forget loads of people booked ahead last Jan-March2013 due to the second CP january devaluation in a row. Hardly suprising to see zero award nights in first quarter, 2014 at this great CP.
Yep, I booked at the old award rates. None of my stays here have been in $'s. Sorry!
Old Sep 1, 2013, 3:21 am

I don't think that the rooms are really booked up. I made reservations for WMC week using points in May and there was plenty of availability. A few days later I wanted to add a night and basically the entire quarter was "blacked out".
Old Sep 2, 2013, 2:25 am
formerly lcag08

Stayed here last week..

Negatives:
- No upgrade as a Platinum RA. Received a 'welcome drink', that was it
- Didn't really rate the cafe downstairs
- Hotel feels a little run down (not overly, just a little)

Positives:
- Rooms are a good size
- Location, location, location
- Beach cabana access (albeit after the 'resort fee')

Obviously SoBe is expensive. Also stayed at the IC Miami for literally half the price and received a large Intercontinental Suite.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 11:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by lcag08
Stayed here last week..

Negatives:
- No upgrade as a Platinum RA. Received a 'welcome drink', that was it
- Didn't really rate the cafe downstairs
- Hotel feels a little run down (not overly, just a little)

Positives:
- Rooms are a good size
- Location, location, location
- Beach cabana access (albeit after the 'resort fee')

Obviously SoBe is expensive. Also stayed at the IC Miami for literally half the price and received a large Intercontinental Suite.
Last week was Labor Day weekend so I'm not surprised you got an upgrade lol. I'm sure people were paying full price for all the suites^
Old Sep 10, 2013, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Well if you looked at paid rates which are available when award nights are sold out, you would not be asking.

Anyway only award(s) nights at CP post Feb2014 is Checkin 8th August, Checkout 9th August

Don't forget loads of people booked ahead last Jan-March2013 due to the second CP january devaluation in a row. Hardly suprising to see zero award nights in first quarter, 2014 at this great CP.

In fact 9th August 2014 is as far ahead as one can book even paid night stays.

And I guess even at new 45K, bearing in mind peak season Miami prices, 45K/nights are getting booked well in advance as cheapest room Aug2014 is us$630/night (and 45K points are only worth $315 )
I watched near daily and all of a sudden Feb, March, April, may, june were all booked up. Nothing for any of the dates at all. Something is not right here and its not the dates. Literally there is one day in February available and nothing through August 8th

Originally Posted by Hosserunda
I don't think that the rooms are really booked up. I made reservations for WMC week using points in May and there was plenty of availability. A few days later I wanted to add a night and basically the entire quarter was "blacked out".
exactly, i think they blacked them out even though IHG advertises no blackout dates on their rewards, i understand they may only have one night allotted to reward nights for such a hotel but one day they were all gone and I stayed up for 24 hours refreshing (along with working my job which required the 24 hours period) the next available day of the next year and it never became available. ever..... I called IHG, offered them a video of the attempt and they would not admit or deny anything (as expected).

PS: If you end up not going to WMC this year even last minute, let me know before you cancel the reservation

[URL="http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/global/offers/offers/ihgrewardsclub"]http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/global/offers/offers/ihgrewardsclub[/URL

"no blackout dates on Reward Nights"
Old Sep 12, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
Don't give up - the same happened to quite a few months earlier on in the year and then dates opened up. Keep checking It worked out for me

Originally Posted by gmack1134
I watched near daily and all of a sudden Feb, March, April, may, june were all booked up. Nothing for any of the dates at all. Something is not right here and its not the dates. Literally there is one day in February available and nothing through August 8th

exactly, i think they blacked them out even though IHG advertises no blackout dates on their rewards, i understand they may only have one night allotted to reward nights for such a hotel but one day they were all gone and I stayed up for 24 hours refreshing (along with working my job which required the 24 hours period) the next available day of the next year and it never became available. ever..... I called IHG, offered them a video of the attempt and they would not admit or deny anything (as expected).

PS: If you end up not going to WMC this year even last minute, let me know before you cancel the reservation

[URL="http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/global/offers/offers/ihgrewardsclub"]http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/global/offers/offers/ihgrewardsclub[/URL

"no blackout dates on Reward Nights"
Old Sep 27, 2013, 3:18 pm

They finally lifted the general block - wide availability in Q1 and Q2.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 7:40 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
I have a 3 night stay booked here in Nov, 1 is a free credit card night, the other 2 are points. (I assume the hotel sees this as 3 points nights).

Communicated with the hotel to see if they would give me a price to upgrade to a breakfast inclusive rate.

Response is that they sell vouchers for breakfast for $18 pp inc tax.

Seems a little steep to me, but I suppose it is always there as an option.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:52 am

The last three years they waived the resort fee for Plats but granted full benefits (free Wi-Fi, beach chairs and umbrella) on point stays. Any recent reports if they still do that?
Old Nov 13, 2013, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The last three years they waived the resort fee for Plats but granted full benefits (free Wi-Fi, beach chairs and umbrella) on point stays. Any recent reports if they still do that?
As recent as August, yes.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 8:23 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
No resort fee and (two!) welcome gift as Plat one week ago.

edited to add: I was on a points stay.

Last edited by chrisljo; Nov 15, 2013 at 12:41 am
Old Nov 14, 2013, 6:55 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chrisljo
No resort fee and (two!) welcome gift as Plat one week ago.
Just over a week ago, I received two Plat gifts (bottle of wine was one of gifts), BUT there was a discounted resort fee as Plat already gets free internet.

so it would appear YMMV on this one.

edited to add: I was on a pre-pay advanced rate

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Nov 14, 2013 at 9:00 pm
Old Nov 14, 2013, 6:37 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Staying here now (I'm plat), and on arrival got two drinks vouchers for beer or wine or house-brand cocktails.
3 nights, 1 credit card free night and 2 nights on points. Been advised that I would be charged a resort fee.

update, that should have been NOT charged a resort fee, which I can confirm was not charged on checkout.

Did try to charge me for parking, which was cute as I didn't have a car. To be fair, it was wiped out as soon as I queried it.

Last edited by tangey; Dec 13, 2013 at 9:15 am
Old Dec 12, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: all
voucher for 2 welcome drinks + bottle of wine. no upgrade for plat. free in room internet

Last edited by pantanal; Dec 14, 2013 at 4:09 pm
Old Dec 18, 2013, 4:57 am

Programs: AMEX PLAT , HILTON GOLD, STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST GOLD, IHG PLAT AMBASSADOR, DAVID O FAN CLUB
Originally Posted by tangey
Staying here now (I'm plat), and on arrival got two drinks vouchers for beer or wine or house-brand cocktails.
3 nights, 1 credit card free night and 2 nights on points. Been advised that I would be charged a resort fee.

update, that should have been NOT charged a resort fee, which I can confirm was not charged on checkout.

Did try to charge me for parking, which was cute as I didn't have a car. To be fair, it was wiped out as soon as I queried it.
tangey I am glad to hear you got out to Miami.
thanks for the info on the resort fee

i have two rooms booked here on points for march 20-23 (weekend , spring break etc )for my wife and I and two friends we are travelling with.

i am platinum / royal ambassador and it runs out just before travel. i do not envisage staying in too many IHG in 2014 as my business and personal travel is far less than a couple of years ago , is it worth buying the RA for this trip ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.