Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Crack the case" Promo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2010, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by KristianT
Did get my registration code after contacting the ambassador service...But alas...Stay 213!!! room nights for 78,900 points...
After your asking for an invitation, IHG delivered Pandora's box (jar), and what did you do?

Agent Kohoutek
Old Sep 20, 2010, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by gatormrp
How are you guys complaining? Phone or by email? They wanted me to do around 120 nights, which is doable, but a little tough for me. I emailed yesterday, no response and no change as of yet...so I decided to call. The rep said, Latches aren't being changed...PERIOD. I kept arguing with her (in a nice way of course), stating that I was being informed that they were being changed and she kept getting more and more beligerent towards me. I asked to speak with a supervisor since she was getting pretty rude and obnoxious with me...so, she transferred me and a Chase representative picked up. Nice.

Priority Club lured so many away from Hilton with the Luckiest Loser, only to push their heavy hitters right back over there.

I think you're probably SOL; these are generally a lot of points we're talking about, and the point-as far as PC is concerned-is to bring more business in. Most of the people who are getting changed had 200+ nights.
And most "heavy hitters" aren't on FT, so they wouldn't know about everyone else's.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 8:21 am

Programs: EB*G, FB, PC Royal Ambassador, Marriot Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Kohoutek
After your asking for an invitation, IHG delivered Pandora's box (jar), and what did you do?

Agent Kohoutek
Yeah, I know - but do they really want to send me the message: "We did not have anything realistic to offer to our most loyal customers, which was why we did not contact you in the first place..."
Old Sep 20, 2010, 12:39 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Priority Club Platinum & World's Best Dad (I have the keychain to prove it)
Buzzman said his were changed from the 50's to the 20's...am kind of hoping they alter mine as they did his. I had five latches that will bonus me 460,000 points. I'd easily give up 50-100K of those bonus points for a more attainable goal.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 1:08 pm

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by saad
i have already requalified for spg & hilton so have top status with them for next year....i have a bunch of stays coming up next week where i need to book 2 rooms....just seems like a good idea to wrap up this promo & get the points....i don't stay more than a couple of times a year with igh so don't care about status with them....

if i finish this next week then i'll end up with 100k points for a bunch of work stays so nothing comes out of my pocket....
You will be Plat ^
Old Sep 20, 2010, 4:40 pm

Programs: Priority Club Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by jpdx
I assumed the 200+ nights targets were mistakes, and am glad to see them corrected. ^ No change to my 123 night requirement (which is not impossible to achieve, just too rich for me).
One of my goals is still 249 nights. Maybe they haven't gotten to me yet. Still not sure how I am going to spend $50,000.00 on my Visa. Guess i better start paying my mortgage with it.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 4:51 pm

Programs: Priority Club Royal Ambassador
Did get my registration code after contacting the ambassador service.

But alas...
  1. Take a Survey: 500 points
  2. Stay 3 Brands: 2,200 points
  3. Stay 2 Saturdays: 1,700 points
  4. Stay 213!!! room nights for 78,900 points
Unlock all four!!! latches for 330,000 points

That set of tasks just reaffirms my belief that someone in marketing over there might have a drug problem.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 5:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, ICG Platinum Royal Ambassador, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by joe847
That set of tasks just reaffirms my belief that someone in marketing over there might have a drug problem.
It is either that or their CFO trying to reach their overly optimistic budget targets.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by joe847
i agree....
Old Sep 21, 2010, 7:59 am

Programs: AA, SPG, RR, PC
Promo qualification seems odd to me...

Yeah, I know - but do they really want to send me the message: "We did not have anything realistic to offer to our most loyal customers, which was why we did not contact you in the first place..."
>> I've nothing against marketing departments targeting any demographic they wish - I had no problem being locked out of Luckiest Loser - but I am really surprised that PriorityClub has no interest in luring me back:

140 nights / year for the last five years.

2006 : 110 IHG / 20 SPG / some others
2010 : 100 SPG / 20 IHG / some others

...and I've not had a call, or email, and (this prompted my rant) can't even access the Crack-the-Case promo!

American Airlines calls me after six weeks without a flight on them to make sure they haven't done anything wrong - and they don't offer world-class customer service, they just want to make sure they protect their income.

Something odd at PC HQ, for sure.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 8:20 am

Programs: PC
Originally Posted by MD80-4F

American Airlines calls me after six weeks without a flight on them to make sure they haven't done anything wrong
LOL, that could be a good answer to "How do you know you've been flying too much?"
Old Sep 21, 2010, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by lecter
LOL, that could be a good answer to "How do you know you've been flying too much?"
tell me about it....last year i broke my leg & did not travel for 3 months....when i had not been on my preferred airline during the first month i got an email & call from them asking what was wrong....i told them about my mishap & that i should be back soon....a couple of days later i had flowers & a get well soon card delivered to me by the airline....my wife laughed about this all day....
Old Sep 21, 2010, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by MD80-4F
>> I've nothing against marketing departments targeting any demographic they wish - I had no problem being locked out of Luckiest Loser - but I am really surprised that PriorityClub has no interest in luring me back:

140 nights / year for the last five years.

2006 : 110 IHG / 20 SPG / some others
2010 : 100 SPG / 20 IHG / some others

...and I've not had a call, or email, and (this prompted my rant) can't even access the Crack-the-Case promo!

American Airlines calls me after six weeks without a flight on them to make sure they haven't done anything wrong - and they don't offer world-class customer service, they just want to make sure they protect their income.

Something odd at PC HQ, for sure.
Really strange I admit.
But really just wanted to say; Welcome to flyertalk MD80-4F ^
Old Sep 21, 2010, 2:49 pm

Am I the only one that found the survey mind boggling? Yes I can give random answers but now that I was taking it, I wanted the surveyer to get accurate results at least from me. But man, is it hard for others too, or it's just me getting old?
Old Sep 21, 2010, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by lancexfang
Am I the only one that found the survey mind boggling? Yes I can give random answers but now that I was taking it, I wanted the surveyer to get accurate results at least from me. But man, is it hard for others too, or it's just me getting old?
No, you're not getting old. I've never seen you younger. You look great!

Agent Kohoutek

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.