Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AMBASSADOR kit boxes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2010, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
New AMBASSADOR kit boxes

Just received my RA Renewal kit in the post today and was surprised to see it was in a more compact box, yet still contained the same material as the larger boxes of the past. Instead of being about 1" thick, the new box is half that, and trimmed to about 9"x5".

BTW No reference in either the booklet or the letter that Internet is now a benefit.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 10:16 pm

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
Saw the more compact box since April 2010. Only one luggage tag was included for a RA.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 10:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt DIA, IC RA
there really was a lot of waste with the old box.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 6:04 am

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by spunk_tokyo
Saw the more compact box since April 2010. Only one luggage tag was included for a RA.
If I remeber right, in former times I always received a ROYAL Ambassador luggage tag whereas the new boxes just contain an AMBASSADOR tag.

Do I remember right or was this just in my imagination?
Old Jul 31, 2010, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by lemieux66
Do I remember right or was this just in my imagination?
No Alzheimer around there
Old Jul 31, 2010, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Correct on the drop from two to one tag in the "slimmed down" box. However, the tags themselves (as I posted at the time) changed last year and the RA embossed logo had disappeared in favour of a more discrete standard AMBASSADOR tag design. The tag for AMBASSADORs is slightly burnished silver while the RA version is reflective silver like the older ones. This is consistent with the new version I received last year as an AMBASSADOR and then as a RA when I regained that status.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Assume it's a fulfillment issue, IIRC the time before last my RA box had AMB tags. Presumably one could email the service center and request RA tags if so inclined.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Though perhaps Shareholder is correct and my last RA box got some of the leftover old stock.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gleff
Assume it's a fulfillment issue, IIRC the time before last my RA box had AMB tags. Presumably one could email the service center and request RA tags if so inclined.
There are no longer tags that have the RA logo/notation. All tags are identical in wording, graphic and design save for the finish as I described above.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gleff
Though perhaps Shareholder is correct and my last RA box got some of the leftover old stock.
How long ago did you get that kit? The RA kit I got last year at this time had the new design tags, as did the one that just arrived. The change in design also coincided with the boxes being scaled down from the even larger blue or silver ones to the more discrete black/gray with either a silver or bronzish colored strip.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 5:05 pm

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by nicolas75
No Alzheimer around there
What a relief
Old Aug 1, 2010, 6:02 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by NYCbustravelguy
there really was a lot of waste with the old box.
Quite unnecessary really. Plus it meant I had to make a special trip to the post office as it's too big to fit into the mail box. Hope the new one (due any day) fits.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
Quite unnecessary really. Plus it meant I had to make a special trip to the post office as it's too big to fit into the mail box. Hope the new one (due any day) fits.
It should fit into a standard apartment/flat/condo mail box as the box is no longer than a standard #9 or #10 envelope and angled even the 5" side should fit...it did so in mine. The thickness is about that of four or five normal letters/bills.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:47 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
I received my AMB kit a few days ago, and was glad to see someone start a thread on the kits. Can't speak about the RA kit, yet the AMB kit sure is a nice way to be welcomed to the program. The card is one of the nicer loyalty program cards I've received (suprised there's no magnetic stripe on the back), the luggage tag is darned nice (a little small, yet the metal tag is better then the plastic stuff I get from airlines), and it just has a good feel to it (much better look then the last top-level elite airline kit I received). Two tags would have been nice, and RAs sure better get their own tag, yet outside of that, it's a nice kit.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbagdon
...and RAs sure better get their own tag...
I think it is very clear after a year and the introduction of the new AMBASSADOR design regime that there is not nor will there be a unique logo'd RA tag as we used to know. The difference now is very subtle and discrete but those who need to know can see the difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.