Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC New York Times Square Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2015, 3:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Korean Air Morning Calm Premium Club
Originally Posted by davrossuk
I doubt they will recognise plat elite status.
^
I agree!
Old Nov 5, 2015, 5:51 am

Just stayed here weekend before last, no platinum recognition.
Really don't understand how this is an IC. Bellmen are all at the bell desk, none outside, near the front desk or anywhere else. No doorman, concierge appears to be part time (he seemed to only be around after 4 during our stay). We arrived early (about noon) and front desk said they would put priority on getting our rooms cleaned and call us when they were ready. Got a call at 3:50 that our rooms were ready.
It is a reasonably good hotel and our stay was fine, but having the Park Lane (for example) and this hotel under the same brand is bizarre. Maybe a Crowne Plaza, although even that would probably be stretching it in any other city but New York.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 4:57 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
Originally Posted by kit125
FYI- they don't have a club. Nothing to get worked up about there.
I didn't expect them to anyway. I already drove by it a couple of times before. Doesn't even look that great. We're going there for our anniversary. Funny enough, we're staying at the Hilton Times Square hotel a day before we go over to the Hyatt because the Hilton is closer to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
Just stayed here weekend before last, no platinum recognition.
Really don't understand how this is an IC. Bellmen are all at the bell desk, none outside, near the front desk or anywhere else. No doorman, concierge appears to be part time (he seemed to only be around after 4 during our stay). We arrived early (about noon) and front desk said they would put priority on getting our rooms cleaned and call us when they were ready. Got a call at 3:50 that our rooms were ready.
It is a reasonably good hotel and our stay was fine, but having the Park Lane (for example) and this hotel under the same brand is bizarre. Maybe a Crowne Plaza, although even that would probably be stretching it in any other city but New York.
Park Lane in London?
Old Nov 8, 2015, 5:40 am

Yes, the IC London Park Lane
Old Nov 8, 2015, 8:36 am

Yes, the IC London Park Lane
Well, i think its difficulty to compare any top hotel in Europe to hotels in Times Square. Im not making excuses for them, but im just saying its a difficulty comparison. I'll be staying at this hotel in a couple of weeks, so i'll be able to also give a first hand account. If they really do suck like i've be reading on trip advisor, then i'll never find myself there again.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 2:29 pm

I wouldn't say they suck, they just are not up to what I think of as the IC standard. Having said that, I have not been to any other domestic IC. If it had been a Westin, a Holiday Inn, or a plain Jane Hilton, I would have been perfectly happy with it, I just expect more from an IC.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 11:05 am

I wouldn't say they suck, they just are not up to what I think of as the IC standard. Having said that, I have not been to any other domestic IC. If it had been a Westin, a Holiday Inn, or a plain Jane Hilton, I would have been perfectly happy with it, I just expect more from an IC.
I see your point now. I guess we'll see when i get there.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by davrossuk
I doubt they will recognise plat elite status.
They have in the past with me, but I have since upgraded to Amb Plt.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by swag
I stayed there as a Plat on a Chase free night back in May. No upgrade, no lounge access, but I was being given a special welcome letter offering me a $10 minibar credit; maybe there was another option also, I forget.
I was offered a $15 minibar credit by the front desk clerk in September, but ended up being charged for the two small bottles of water I took.
I had to call to have them credit me.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 2:17 am

Programs: BA Bronze, HH Diamond, A-Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
I would entirely agree. I spent 4 nights here with my wife at the beginning of October. For a room that would have been $450 a night or so (King bed Sky View Corner room) it was very disappointing. 340sqft is tiny. Communal areas weren't very impressive. Breakfast was disappointing for $32.

My stay was on points thank goodness, but it's unlikely I'd stay here again.

Chris
Old Nov 10, 2015, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by evapor8
I would entirely agree. I spent 4 nights here with my wife at the beginning of October. For a room that would have been $450 a night or so (King bed Sky View Corner room) it was very disappointing. 340sqft is tiny. Communal areas weren't very impressive. Breakfast was disappointing for $32.

My stay was on points thank goodness, but it's unlikely I'd stay here again.

Chris
Gezzz...It was really that bad? Im canceling my reservation. The tripadvisor reviews should have done it for me, but i wanted to give them a chance.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
...it was very disappointing. 340sqft is tiny.
I used to think rooms at the IC TS were small. That was until I stayed at the Hotel Indigo Brooklyn. I've seen closets bigger than the room I'm currently in.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 1:40 am

340sqft is tiny
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
I used to think rooms at the IC TS were small. That was until I stayed at the Hotel Indigo Brooklyn. I've seen closets bigger than the room I'm currently in.
It's just the reality of NYC. You want luxury and big? You'll be paying through the nose. 340 sqft can be the size of a small studio apartment.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: BA Bronze, HH Diamond, A-Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Membersince2013
Gezzz...It was really that bad? Im canceling my reservation. The tripadvisor reviews should have done it for me, but i wanted to give them a chance.
The shower was very pleasant (but no bath!)

It wasn't horrific, but I didn't feel it was good value. I stayed in the Park Hyatt Zurich a week earlier for about the same nightly cost - that was worth it!

Chris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.