Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2015, 9:37 pm

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
HI Singapore Orchard Road [Master Thread]

By the way, djjaguar64, have you considered the Holiday Inn Express Clarke Quay? Of course this hotel is in a different league, but you may want to check it out before making a final decision. I used to stay in both HI's frequently (for business) but since the opening of the HIX Clarke Quay I have stayed there a couple of times and I quite like it. Its location is not too bad, breakfast is free and it even has a roof top pool. And only 20,000 points. There is an extensive review with lots of pictures in one of the threads here.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 12:00 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Club Access is preferred or breakfast

Executive Room S$332

Or should we just book the F&F rate.
At that rate if you have weekend nights in your stay I would have a good look at the pricing for the Club Floor at The InterContinental. It is in a completely different class from these very touristy HI's.

You should be able to be close to that rate for Fri/Sat/Sun at the IC.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 4:37 am

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
Agreed, I did a review of all HI/CP/IC in Singapore at my blog, the IC lounge is truly impressive. You may read the reviews either at my blog or the Flyertalk IHG stays forum.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Modo
At that rate if you have weekend nights in your stay I would have a good look at the pricing for the Club Floor at The InterContinental. It is in a completely different class from these very touristy HI's.

You should be able to be close to that rate for Fri/Sat/Sun at the IC.
We have a weekend in Bali(June 4-7) for which I am using my voucher for the weekend. Then June 7-13 in Singapore.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BBxCoreb
Agreed, I did a review of all HI/CP/IC in Singapore at my blog, the IC lounge is truly impressive. You may read the reviews either at my blog or the Flyertalk IHG stays forum.
We were at the IC before and upgraded to the second highest upgrade in the property which was nice. I find that the IC is pretty expensive for 6 days.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:18 pm

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Look at IC for June 12/13

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
We have a weekend in Bali(June 4-7) for which I am using my voucher for the weekend. Then June 7-13 in Singapore.
As above look at IC June 12/13. Hotel is very good for airport and also if you have an evening flight you probably qualify for late check out and if Club can use the lounge.

HI Atrium can be good value in the week. HI Orchard is probably best tourist location after IC.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:49 am

Any recent experiences at HI Orchard?

thanks
Old Apr 27, 2019, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Notsofreq
Any recent experiences at HI Orchard?

thanks
I'm just giving you a bump, since no one seems to be talking about this place anymore.

Personally, I do not much care to stay on Orchard Rd, but they have a 3 for 2 promo on executive rooms and suites. I am trying to decide if lounge access is worth the short transfer from the EW line. The reviews for the lounge on TA are all pretty good, but I know the FT crowd can be a little more discerning. The other places I am considering for a similar rate are the Indigo (far from the train, but the area looks promising and is new to me) and the Regent (I know almost nothing about it, but the rate is surprisingly low). Unfortunately, the only option that includes a lounge and breakfast for the rates I am looking at is HI Orchard. I know food is dirt cheap in SG, but I would definitely be good for a couple slings a day in the lounge, and cocktails in SG are not so affordable. The IC is well over $300/night SGD, and for that price, I would just stay in the Andaz (which is also on my short list).
Old Nov 1, 2022, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.