Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accounts closed with nearly half million points

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by origin
Is there anybody out there who knows the truth.
Perhaps check the X-files
Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:16 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Not one piece of evidence has been provided just allegations

If someone continually states that cats are dogs, would not make it proven.

Provide actual *evidence* to support the claims

So far the only evidence would seem to be that you cheated the system, you got caught, you got banned from PC. Nothing wrong by IHG there
It's slightly worst than that!

I indicated wholehearted sympathy and support for the "sufferers" of this issue earlier in the other thread. Some then reminded me ... as hurtful as it was .... that perhaps a degree of "due diligence" is called for. Some expressed scepticism. Instead of arguing I accepted the criticism and I then tried to help those that complained channel their efforts into providing the evidence that others - perhaps more perceptive than me - might find acceptable.

I think I gave it my best shot. Post after post I tried to illicit the evidence. It was like trying to tie down a gnat. It didn't arrive.

At the moment all we know (I think) is that some people had their accounts closed for breaking the rules. Thats' it.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:28 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
[darn it - this post DID appear after all. Ach well - deleted as it said the same as my re-typed one below]

Last edited by markdg; Jun 3, 2010 at 11:48 am
Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:43 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Darn FT and my browser - just lost a post. I'll try again....

Okay, this is my last shot, as I'm starting to lose the will to live with the degeneration of this thread.

So, can I please appeal to jiejie and clusters78. You have both been around on FT for a few years, and, from what I can make out, you both speak Mandarin.

Therefore could I appeal to your better nature and please ask you to summarise what you can read on the various relevant Mandarin websites that we're unable to read, from our lack of ability in Mandarin. I accept this will only be anecdotal evidence for us, and for some, this won't be sufficient. However, I for one would like to try to understand what has happened.

In line with what uk1 says, the only thing I've been able to ascertain from these threads is that a number of people have had their accounts closed and have been told that it was for "fraudulent" activity. At least some of those people, when they've tried to remonstrate, have been told they can only speak to JE on the phone in the US, and IHG have refused to say what that "fraudulent" activity was.

In addition, it appears at least one person only found out their account was closed when they went to check-in at a property. (VERY concerning if that really is the case...)

A re you able to confirm you can see that on any Mandarin websites? Is there any other information available that suggests anything else might have happened to cause these account closures?

I'd really like to understand what's happened here, so thanks in advance for your efforts.

(ps lastly, smthbigur-CN, if you ARE genuine - to avoid looking like a troll who is just stirring up trouble, for goodness sake don't leave your post count at 2, but please come back and talk to us)
Old Jun 3, 2010, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
[QUOTE=origin;14069976]On the origional thread. The op spoke to the US contact JE.

So all I could think, from WHAT HE TOLD US, was that there was another code. That caused his account to be closed.

QUOTE]

Not trying to argue, from what HE TOLD US, He is me, right?

When and where had I ever mentioned "there was another code" to cause my account closed?

that's why I said, read the thread first

Last edited by yyliu88; Jun 3, 2010 at 12:44 pm
Old Jun 3, 2010, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Originally Posted by markdg
A re you able to confirm you can see that on any Mandarin websites? Is there any other information available that suggests anything else might have happened to cause these account closures?
Hi, Markdg,

as I have said, there was reason for IHG doing account closure, THERE WAS massive award sales using duplicate accounts in China, but my piont here is after intial reaction took by IHG to shut these accounts, they started to shut down everyone registered for codes regardless whether is dupilicate or not, how many stay they had, how many quizs bonus they got other than few hundreds, same IP, not giving them enough money for paid stays,etc... so many excuses.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE=yyliu88;14070725]
Originally Posted by origin
On the origional thread. The op spoke to the US contact JE.

So all I could think, from WHAT HE TOLD US, was that there was another code. That caused his account to be closed.

QUOTE]

Not trying to argue, from what HE TOLD US, He is me, right?

When and where had I ever mentioned "there was another code" to cause my account closed?

that's why I said, read the thread first
Thats not quite what I was saying ..... but never mind its not really that important anyway
Old Jun 3, 2010, 12:55 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Moderator Announcement:

There are no new details on the OPs topic. None of the FT users has the same issue, that any US/EU citizen accounts closed by PCR ?

All is said on this topic. The thread still keeps closed.

szg
Co-Moderator ICHG forums

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.