Wiki Posts
Search

ambassador membership question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2010, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond,Ambassador Club,Delta FF,USAIR FF
ambassador membership question

My husband gave our daughter 9 nights at ic rome and amsterdam for her honeymoon. Reservation is in his name with her as second guest. Neither of them currently have ambassadors status.
Question is whether to buy in her name or my husbands? This would be the only time that she would use. My husband stays at Priority properties all the time but not ic's
My concern is IF we buy in his name, would they honor for her stay? It is her honeymoon - so really hoping for upgrade.
Any advise?
Old Jan 17, 2010, 2:50 am

Programs: PC Plat-RA, M&M Gold
I think it the Ambassador status should be in your Husband's name since the reservation is under his name.... it is better you get the Ambassador status enough time before her travel in order for the status to be identified...a tip would be contacting the Guest Relations on the hotels of stay prior to arrival to assure everything is being taken care of.... are you buying Ambassador status for $$ or 24K points???
Old Jan 17, 2010, 3:28 am

Programs: F
I am not sure there is a clear answer to this, as your husband paid for the room but is not staying in it. I doubt that Ambassador membership for him would benefit your daughter in any way. I am also unsure whether your daughter having Ambassador membership would be useful.

Was this a flexible rate? If so, I would cancel and rebook under your daughter's name and get her Ambassador status. Otherwise I would discuss matters directly with the hotels in question.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond,Ambassador Club,Delta FF,USAIR FF
ambassador question

The stay will be on reward points. We can purchase ambassador status either way points or $$$, but need to know if best to put in my husbands name - knowing he will not be on trip or our daughters.'

Any help is appreciated.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 4:47 pm

Is there any reason why you can't get the Ambassador status in your husband's name and your new son-in-law pretend to be your husband for the trip?
Old Jan 18, 2010, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NZ*E, PC Platinum RA
Twice at the Wellington IC I've booked a second room for my parents. Both times they provided RA benefits to the second room (one of them was even a pointsbreak stay and they still extended RA benefits - Wellington IC is fantastic ^ )

I'm not sure that this is normal practice though. It may just have been the hotel being nice to a RA, or that they recognised me, or simply that I was on the right side of a reservation muck-up.

I suspect the best way is for your husband to obtain Ambassador membership, then ring the hotel and let them know what is happening and asking politely that they extend Ambassador privileges to your daughter and son-in-law.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.