Crowne Plaza San Jose / Silicon Valley
777 Bellew Drive,
Milpitas, Califronia CA 95035, USA
Tel +1 408 321-9500

Link to hotel
www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/gb/en/milpitas/sfomp/hoteldetail
www.cpsanjosesiliconvalley.com

Print Wikipost

Crowne Plaza San Jose / Slilicon Valley (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2009, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
Crowne Plaza San Jose / Slilicon Valley (Master Thread)

Booked standard room...very cheap weekend rate.. received mini suite, was very large, huge windows (looking out over parking lots).. was given a comp drink coupon in the bar, as well as coupon for continental breakfast from the buffet. The staff was great.

The hotel has free shuttle to SJC and does not charge for leaving veh there for trips out of SJC.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 1:18 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Stayed there as well. This hotel honors/recognizes Platinum member nicely. The club lounge is closed during weekend on Sat & Sun, so that is why they give you breakfast coupon for having breakfast downstairs. I remember they do not serve buffet on weekend, but allow you to order anything free from the breakfast menu. I always order the most expensive steak & eggs.

During weekday, you can have breakfast at club lounge only.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
I'm also platinum..unfortunately the coupons now say "continental breakfast only".. from the buffet. It was adequate (would have preferred warm breakfast but decided oatmeal would have to do)
Old Dec 16, 2009, 12:44 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
I stay at this hotel 20+ nights per year (though not in Q3 - due to HI/HIX $25 GC promo).

I agree that plats are well treated here - mini suite UG whenever available, drinks coupons, breakfast coupons, etc.

Unless something has changed in the last couple of months, the lounge has been closed for a year or so - they give out the breakfast coupons every day of the week. Lounge was never much to get excited about in any case.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Stayed here again for one night... upgraded to 'club floor' (club no longer exists).. however the elevator needs a key for access to 12th floor, and it was extremely quiet. I was a little concerned when a large bus of tourists from Singapore poured in... however my floor was quiet. The hotel still gives a coupon for continental breakfast, however they have been also giving a coupon for a free beverage at the bar. The staff here is very accomodating..but I think the big perk is free parking if flying out of SJC..they have a free shuttle bus .
There is no limit to how long you can park. Its awesome!
Old Feb 19, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry, Hertz 5*
Booked almost 10 (wedding group rate) rooms... at a very affordable group rate in late December 2014. All my guests were happy with the rooms, easy check in and easy check out.

My fiance (now wife) received a mini suite, which was perfect for the bridal party and pre-wedding primping. Easy access to food (Milpitas Square asian shopping mall across the street) and highways (near 237/880/101 highways). I was given a stack of breakfast and drink coupons after I complained about food choices (as a Platinum), and service at the in-house bar/restaurant and buffet were excellent, the silverware and food quality were excellent as well.

Overall, all requests were taken care of and rooms were comfortable and quiet. Best of all, free parking! CP Milpitas made my wedding a lot less stressful.

-AD
Old Aug 21, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist,
Staying here for 3 days. As IHG Plat used to get breakfast coupons (full and later continental). But now NONE. Apparently only Inspire gets breakfast now. Front desk was super helpful otherwise and got upgraded to a Club floor room. Since IHG points have become nearly useless, can only think of using them up. There was a bottle of water (one) for three days, and there are 3 guests in the room. Way to go IHG.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:13 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 6/7 - 6/9

Location: The hotel is not located in San Jose but I guess it's in Silicon Valley. It's in Milpitas about 15 minutes from SJC. Nearby are a number of Asian restaurants and a Ranch 99 Asian Market. Across CA-237 (and walkable at around three-quarters of a mile) are a number of stores and restaurants including local places (I suggest Banana Leaf) and chains.

Hotel: The hotel is a large, 12 story, high rise surrounded by a parking lot whose parking is free but could use a few more spaces. There's a small outdoor pool on the 3rd floor as well as an indoor fitness center. There's a lot of meeting and event space on the first two floors. The lobby has a sundry and snack store and a bar and restaurant.

Check In: The agent was very helpful and told me that as a Spire member I got a coupon for a buffet breakfast each day as well as a drink coupon. I was also put on the Executive Floor

Room: The room was nice though pretty basic. Large, comfortable bed, arm chair with table next to it, decent sized desk, large TV, fairly nondescript bathroom. Wifi worked well and there was power next to the bed and no soundproofing issues.

Breakfast/Other: The 12th floor seems to have some kind of executive lounge (pictured) but it was just a sitting area with an empty fridge, no food and a coffee maker on weekends. Breakfast in the lobby was good: scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and potatoes both days plus made to order omelets. There was also one Asian dish (pork bao buns the first day, potstickers the second) and the usual cold items.

My rate was $150/night and the hotel is pretty good. I'd be happy to return.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

The hotel is open, accepting guests but its very slow as far as business.. most of the staff working are management. service very good--all meals are ordered at the bar, and consumed in your room. (due to Coronavirus) .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.