Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The ICHG Club Lounge Thread - Everybody is Welcome!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2013, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by scubaccr
You might get some good value come Monday August 26th ....
I am waiting for that also. But the question where are beach resorts located in China.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by ellylex
I am waiting for that also. But the question where are beach resorts located in China.
IC Sanya on Hainan island. There is a Ren there too.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 6:41 am

Programs: IHG Spire for what its worth
Not too hopeful of UK PB's inside the M25 boundary appearing. Racking my brains and can't remember any.
Seem to remember staying at Camden Lock at 5K a few years ago
Old Aug 21, 2013, 9:58 am

Programs: ihg plat, hh gold, hertz 5*
Whoops forgot Brent Cross but it is not convenient location for most guests, was period December2011 + January2012 window.
No, it's not much of a tourist destination - probably ok if you are driving but a bit of a nuisance otherwise.

There was also Wimbledon South, which was at least near to the underground, but that dropped off pretty quickly - before I got round to booking it anyway!
Old Aug 21, 2013, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
Originally Posted by big_mac
No, it's not much of a tourist destination - probably ok if you are driving but a bit of a nuisance otherwise.

There was also Wimbledon South, which was at least near to the underground, but that dropped off pretty quickly - before I got round to booking it anyway!
worth mentioning Wembley is 10k if you found brent cross a good one

second best if no pb on offer in the area
Old Aug 21, 2013, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
You might get some good value come Monday August 26th .... as next 2months window of 5k/night PB hotels will get released about then, usually for a 2month booking window, so likely to be for the period Sep1st - Oct 31st.
I'm getting desperate waiting for this one. I land in NRT on 9/1 and need to figure out where I'm flying to.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 7:36 am

Programs: DL: GM, UA: Gold, HH:Gold PC:Platinum
New list is out!
Old Aug 26, 2013, 8:32 am

Programs: N/A (kid =! no travel :( )
It is not updated on the main PB main for ICHG, where are you seeing this updated list?

I am wrong, looks like the dates have definitely been updated, not sure if all of the states though. Still hoping for more for CO but looks like I might be SOL

Last edited by pattermj; Aug 26, 2013 at 8:48 am
Old Aug 27, 2013, 3:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by pattermj
It is not updated on the main PB main for ICHG, where are you seeing this updated list?

I am wrong, looks like the dates have definitely been updated, not sure if all of the states though. Still hoping for more for CO but looks like I might be SOL
IME slim pickings and not much coverage for Point Breaks destinations. Still up in the air how Priority Club decides what hotels is involved in the latest list.

I was lucky enough to cash in at San Antonio a few years back, with just over 20K points.. liquidated for 4 nights.. but it was just plain lucky, and I booked a suite at an HIX with flights already booked for Spring Break layover going to Hawaii.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: PC Platinum, CC Gold Elite, VS Red
And without flaming, when are the next dates *likely* to be announced?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 11:25 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by drspear
worth mentioning Wembley is 10k if you found brent cross a good one

second best if no pb on offer in the area
10K due to facelift? Noted facelift issues on TripAdvisor. Exploring options for a 22 hour layover and concluded the Tube ride to Wembley is an excellent option as the hotels near the airport or near ideal locations are 3X-5X the price. Oyster Card with balance from the last visit.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I realize it's probably just a placeholder no one ever updated properly, but I'm both amused and a bit cranky that the Holiday Inn Wrexham is currently described as 'Rooms Not Available Until Apr 15, 2025'. Especially since I'm actively looking for a place to stay not too far from Snowdonia.

Bit much with the construction lead time there?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 2:37 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
It is just a placeholder. That hotel is currently a Ramada and I've stayed there a few times as it's next to my venue when work takes me to Wrexham. I seem to remember reading something somewhere about an Autumnal reflag...

As for Wrexham being close to Snowdonia, well it might geographically be the closest IHG when it opens but due to winding roads it's a 90 minute drive to Snowdonia, as is the currently open Holiday Inn Chester West.

The towns of Harlech, Bangor and Caernarfon are much closer, although no brands are there, a search on Trivago should give you a good idea of what's on offer.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:23 am

Programs: IHG
What a big, horrible, convoluted mess they've made of the program. I'm glad I've been downgraded. No more pressure to hit a moving target, and I can try out new properties, and chains.
So much tinkering, and cowing to their properties, many of which would be nothing without their IC badge. It's like they sent Theresa May to do their negotiating for them.
As Land of Miles says, how can they possibly "Guarantee" a benefit, then renege on it with just pennies as compensation. Then to make things worse, they introduce exclusions on upgrades and lounge access around NYE and religious holidays. How low can they go?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by turner32
What a big, horrible, convoluted mess they've made of the program. I'm glad I've been downgraded. No more pressure to hit a moving target, and I can try out new properties, and chains.
So much tinkering, and cowing to their properties, many of which would be nothing without their IC badge. It's like they sent Theresa May to do their negotiating for them.
As Land of Miles says, how can they possibly "Guarantee" a benefit, then renege on it with just pennies as compensation. Then to make things worse, they introduce exclusions on upgrades and lounge access around NYE and religious holidays. How low can they go?
cld have been Angela Merkel negotiating immigration policy:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.