FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Free Nights Promotion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/945364-free-nights-promotion.html)

Happy Apr 27, 2009 5:02 pm

Delete. I misunderstood the T&Cs and posted a question which a re-reading of T&Cs clarified it.

soitgoes Apr 27, 2009 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by docklander (Post 11654544)
I signed up for the free night option and then rebooked HI lhr j4 using this promo.....

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...-_-EMEN-_-BOOK

....for 8 stays for 20 quid apiece(fully flex). I have no other IHG stays in the period(at present).Have i missed something ?

Looks good...I'd print/save to PDF the terms which specify "Priority Club points will be awarded on these packages."

docklander Apr 27, 2009 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by soitgoes (Post 11654709)
Looks good...I'd print/save to PDF the terms which specify "Priority Club points will be awarded on these packages."

Thanks for the speedy response : opinion & advice appreciated .

gregorygrady Apr 27, 2009 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by St Vincent (Post 11653664)
......I’m about to book a four night stay and given the confusion around the Hilton offers I was thinking of switching to ICH if I can get two free nights.

LOL, I just had to chuckle when I read this..................:cool:

The grass is always greener on the other side................and the confusion is always less on the other side as well, huh...............................:p

soitgoes Apr 27, 2009 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by gregorygrady (Post 11655103)
The grass is always greener on the other side................and the confusion is always less on the other side as well, huh...............................:p

True!

The one exception is SPG, where the Lurkers work hard to clear up ambiguities. Plus, SPG put together an extensive FAQ for their promo.

gregorygrady Apr 27, 2009 6:47 pm

True that..............

gregorygrady Apr 27, 2009 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by mecabq (Post 11642271)
Why is this promotion so complicated?? Has anyone ever seen a promotion this complicated before? I will probably just take the double points for simplicity.

This promo is so complicated because PC cobbled it together in record time to fend off SPG's extremely similar "Stay twice, Get 1 free Night" promotion. Therefore PC probably had limited or no time to go over T&Cs and clarify stuff, etc. And since they don't have any experience running this type of promo in the past (ie, as opposed to Hyatt), they just had to throw some T&Cs together that nobody really understands. :td::td::td::td::td::td::td: to PC on the confusing T&Cs.

But I do like the promo...........^ :D

soitgoes Apr 27, 2009 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by gregorygrady (Post 11655166)
they just had to throw some T&Cs together that nobody really understands. :td::td::td::td::td::td::td: to PC on the confusing T&Cs.
But I do like the promo...........^ :D

Precisely--on both counts.
The other thing that's a question in my mind is whether their computer is even setup to enforce some of those rules (like the booking date thing, which has not applied to PCR promos in the past).

It's certainly not as clear as Steve Sickel makes it out to be:
https://community.priorityclub.com/b...l-announcement

3544quebec Apr 27, 2009 6:55 pm

OK,I know its unlikely but reassure me

The sign up for the promo says:

By registering for this Free Night promotion, you acknowledge that you will forego earning base and Elite points or miles in order to earn free nights from now until 3 July 2009.

So if I register today am I forgoing the normal points for stays even before the promo commences?

gregorygrady Apr 27, 2009 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound (Post 11647951)
And there overseas scary call center is way worse in communicating
the details :td:
Pathetic company with some great hotels and a good program run by
a very dysfunctional company
I find this promotion disturbing.It really has me disliking PC

The problem is they haven't run these kind of free night broad based promotions in the past
So to put these heavy handed restrictions on many of their customers including some of their best customers creates a lack of good will
Worse there are major trust issues going forward.
I find the fine print high on the creep factor

The folks at PC in Atlanta would be wise to get an official communicator here on FT to further clarify

Fully agree with everything said here................well, I could probably disagree with the last underlined sentence, but fully agree with everything else. This promo and the way it is poorly implemented so far has me quite disturbed as well. :td: PC shows it's true colors as a second-rate organization by putting out crap like this without looking at it first. It I weren't such a Points Slut I wouldn't partake in the promo, but it's just too dang lucrative to stay away from unfortunately. :D ^

soitgoes Apr 27, 2009 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by 3544quebec (Post 11655188)
OK,I know its unlikely but reassure me

The sign up for the promo says:

By registering for this Free Night promotion, you acknowledge that you will forego earning base and Elite points or miles in order to earn free nights from now until 3 July 2009.

So if I register today am I forgoing the normal points for stays even before the promo commences?

I'd hope not. I think it just means during the Promo Period. However, even the official T&C contradicts itself.

(a) During Promotion Period: Once registered for this Promotion and during the Promotion Period (so that would mean beginning May 4), Members will not earn base or elite Priority Club points, airline miles, or any other frequency credit earning preference Members have chosen (“Frequency Credits”) for the room rate, food and beverage charges or any other incidental charges for any stays at any IHG hotel (except at hotels in those countries in which the Promotion is void), whether pursuant to this Promotion or otherwise, even if the Member has previously registered for, or is otherwise qualified for, another promotion and even if the Member has already earned the maximum of four Free Nights during the Promotion Period. In other words, participation in this Promotion excludes the receipt of base and elite Frequency Credits for stays from the date of registration for this Promotion until July 3, 2009. (so that would indicate that it could exclude stays starting immediately) Bonus Frequency Credits, however, will be awarded pursuant to the terms of any other promotion in which Member is participating.

gregorygrady Apr 27, 2009 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by soitgoes (Post 11655187)
Precisely--on both counts.
The other thing that's a question in my mind is whether their computer is even setup to enforce some of those rules (like the booking date thing, which has not applied to PCR promos in the past).

It's certainly not as clear as Steve Sickel makes it out to be:
https://community.priorityclub.com/b...l-announcement

This is a VERY good point and something that I have been wondering myself over the past couple days. I somewhat doubt they can differentiate bookings made before and after registration for this promo (just based on past experience with them like you state). They obviously recently CAN differentiate based on the promo signup date as evidenced by the fact that you now must sign up for the promo before the stay (as compared to previously where you could register for a promo at anytime up until the stay actually posted to your PC acct).

mdaecher Apr 27, 2009 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by gregorygrady (Post 11655193)
If I weren't such a Points Slut I wouldn't partake in the promo, but it's just too dang lucrative to stay away from unfortunately. :D ^

aren't we all....accrue, accrue, accrue...then don't have time or will to spend much of them!

Kalboz Apr 28, 2009 12:32 am

5 Million Free Rooms with IHG’s Latest Promotion

Almost 5 million free nights at over 4,000 hotels around the globe are up for grabs, as IHG launches its biggest ever free nights promotion.

Travellers can earn a free night by registering at getafreenight.com and staying two nights at any InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites or Candlewood Suites around the world between 4 May and 3 July 2009.

Andy Cosslett, IHG’s Chief Executive, said, “As the world’s largest hotel company we’re able to give guests more choice and more flexibility. Our guests can choose from over 4,000 hotels in 100 countries, across seven brands, including the biggest of them all - Holiday Inn. Now, with our Biggest Free Nights offer more guests can enjoy a stay in any of our hotels around the world.”

How the promotion works:

- Travellers must first register for the promotion

- Stay any two nights between 4 May and 3 July 2009 (the two nights do not have to be consecutive or at even at the same brand of hotel)

- Get one free night to use between 3 July and 26 December 2009

- Use the free nights at one of over 4,000 hotels around the world (e.g. stay at one hotel in one country and get a free night in another country)

- Earn up to four free nights (e.g. stay eight nights, get four free)

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/..._-zhsilverkris

Helsinki Flyer Apr 28, 2009 12:42 am

Nice find. I had not heard of this before. :p