FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Master List of New Hotels and Disposals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/841500-master-list-new-hotels-disposals.html)

Chinatrvl Jan 27, 2013 6:50 pm

HI Lübeck, Germany, Feb 1, 2013. Reflagged from Scandic.

holtju2 Jan 27, 2013 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT (Post 20046387)
Wow, I am shocked. I stayed there often, the rooms were beautiful and huge.

Rooms were from the 1990's, bed was hard as rock, internet hardly functioned, and the service in the club lounge was good, however. The club itself was so so.

mnredfox Jan 28, 2013 9:45 am

Originally Posted by mediator (Post 19112533)
Interesting, also rumor suggests Hotel Ruijin will join the chain as an IC. This hotel is closer to the traditional downtown of Puxi than the old IC Puxi.

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl (Post 19780432)
IC Shanghai Ruijin is apparently opening in Q1 2013, I just got an event invitation there for April, already listing the hotel as "Intercontinental Ruijin Hotel".
GM was former IC Beijing Financial Street.

Any update on opening date? Showing up on ic.com now but appears can't book til mid-April.

https://secure.ichotelsgroup.com/int...sr/hoteldetail

benzemalyonnais Feb 2, 2013 10:23 pm

New NYC option

I'm not sure if this is posted somewhere already, and am surprised I couldn't find any information on this property.

The HIX Herald Square has apparently just opened, and is available for 20k/night. It has just opened after the devaluation and potentially provides a new, affordable, central, redemption option.

I'll be there in 2 weeks and will comment on what I expect to be a very standard HIX.

nicolas75 Feb 3, 2013 5:29 am

Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais (Post 20175429)

The HIX Herald Square has apparently just opened, and is available for 20k/night. It has just opened after the devaluation and potentially provides a new, affordable, central, redemption option.

I'll be there in 2 weeks and will comment on what I expect to be a very standard HIX.

It is one of the numerous ugly and cheap buildings "designed" by one of NYC's worst architects (with Karl Fischer): Gene Kaufman

Buzzman Feb 3, 2013 8:35 am

Originally Posted by youngbru (Post 13039985)
The Costa Mesa-Orange County Airport Holiday Inn at 3131 Bristol St., Costa Mesa, CA seems to have left the ICH family. It is now The Hotel Hanford. The website is http://www.thehotelhanford.com/

My last stay there was back in August and I can't say it was that nice a hotel as a HI. Haven't seen what it is like now. I was looking to make new reservations in the area and noticed it was missing. Searched for a hotel at that address and found the new branding.

Well this property is back in the family, this time a Crowne Plaza... billing itself as ".... an upscale boutique style hotel that just completed a 7 million dollar renovation." Left Holiday Inn branding in 2009. Will give it a try on the 19th of this month!!

FlyerTalker688786 Feb 15, 2013 10:23 am

4 hotels in Northern Territory is leaving

according to Business Traveller, four hotels in NT, Australia are leaving IHG and to become Hilton Hotels and Double Tree by Hilton hotels.

There are the three hotels in Darwin (one Crowne Plaza and two Holiday Inns) and the Crowne Plaza in Alice Springs.

IHG is loosing Australia market rather rapid (Said that last year and I am reiterate the point.)

Chinatrvl Mar 6, 2013 1:48 am

IC Shanghai Ruijin

Shanghai Ruijin IC: The hotel is apparently opening within the next few days - time to pay a visit next week...

frechen Mar 8, 2013 2:41 pm

Two Foremost Hospitality HIX locations in Germany also Hampton by Hilton?

Two planned locations for HIX in Germany (Stuttgart City Centre very near to the politically and financially very controversial "Stuttgart 21" rail project and Nürnberg/Nuremburg City Centre near main railway station) now also appear on Foremost Hospitality website (at least until March 8th 2013) as planned Hampton by Hilton. As hotel concepts seem very the same, I wonder if they are really to open twice two hotels in one building with same target group. Adresses seem to be identical just room numbers of planned hotels are different. In recent years Foremost seemed to be very strong in developing HIX in Germany, now they "bring" Hampton to Germany.
As I have not yet stayed at a Hampton by Hilton I cannot comment on this, but pictures on website tell me, HIX and Hampton just look like brother and sister...

FlyerTalker688786 Mar 8, 2013 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by frechen (Post 20385918)
Tow planned locations for HIX in Germany (Stuttgart City Centre very near to the politically and financially very controversial "Stuttgart 21" rail project and Nürnberg/Nuremburg City Centre near main railway station) now also appear on Foremost Hospitality website (at least until March 8th 2013) as planned Hampton by Hilton. As hotel concepts seem very the same, I wonder if they are really to open twice two hotels in one building with same target group. Adresses seem to be identical just room numbers of planned hotels are different. In recent years Foremost seemed to be very strong in developing HIX in Germany, now they "bring" Hampton to Germany.
As I have not yet stayed at a Hampton by Hilton I cannot comment on this, but pictures on website tell me, HIX and Hampton just look like brother and sister...

I think it is safe to say that they will be Hampton. Not HIX.

chris1gill Mar 12, 2013 7:59 am

Originally Posted by chongcao (Post 20253848)
according to Business Traveller, four hotels in NT, Australia are leaving IHG and to become Hilton Hotels and Double Tree by Hilton hotels.

There are the three hotels in Darwin (one Crowne Plaza and two Holiday Inns) and the Crowne Plaza in Alice Springs.

IHG is loosing Australia market rather rapid (Said that last year and I am reiterate the point.)

Is this way all award availability is blacked out after April 30th, I had been deciding whether or not to make an award booking when I went back to make it, all three properties were blocked out. The existing award reservation I had is still there. Would calling the hotel help?

FlyerTalker688786 Mar 12, 2013 10:21 am

Originally Posted by chris1gill (Post 20405774)
Is this way all award availability is blacked out after April 30th, I had been deciding whether or not to make an award booking when I went back to make it, all three properties were blocked out. The existing award reservation I had is still there. Would calling the hotel help?

No. Your original redemption is likely to be cancelled if the confirmed date to leave the chain is before your arrival date. It had happened to me twice when hotel leaves the chain before my redemption reservation arrival date. You need to contact IHG rather than the hotel itself.

chris1gill Mar 13, 2013 10:33 am

Originally Posted by chongcao (Post 20406563)
No. Your original redemption is likely to be cancelled if the confirmed date to leave the chain is before your arrival date. It had happened to me twice when hotel leaves the chain before my redemption reservation arrival date. You need to contact IHG rather than the hotel itself.

How can they cancel my award reservation? The hotel was participating when I made it??? Should I really draw attention to it by calling IHG? I'm a bit mortified at the moment...

I did call and spoke to two agents, they had no knowledge of the resort switching hands and the award reservation is in tact, although you cannot make an award reservation there past April 30th any longer.... I'm not sure what to expect...

FlyerTalker688786 Mar 13, 2013 11:48 am

Originally Posted by chris1gill (Post 20412631)
How can they cancel my award reservation? The hotel was participating when I made it??? Should I really draw attention to it by calling IHG? I'm a bit mortified at the moment...

I did call and spoke to two agents, they had no knowledge of the resort switching hands and the award reservation is in tact, although you cannot make an award reservation there past April 30th any longer.... I'm not sure what to expect...

Don't want to disappoint you. But in my previous two cases, IHG cancelled my award reservation as my arrival date is later than the date the hotel leaves the chain. If your arrival date is after 30th April and the hotel is definitely leave the chain on 30th April. Chances of such award reservation to be cancelled is very very high.

The reason is once the hotel leave the chain they are not obligated to honour the award reservation as they no longer have the relationship with IHG and accept payment from IHG...Very complicated story but my two reservations were in America (Brazil and USA), not Australia. So there might be a chance your will be OK. However, just double check every few days. Once the IHG priority club received finalised plan of the property leaving the chain, you will get notification sooner.

chris1gill Mar 13, 2013 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by chongcao (Post 20413119)
Don't want to disappoint you. But in my previous two cases, IHG cancelled my award reservation as my arrival date is later than the date the hotel leaves the chain. If your arrival date is after 30th April and the hotel is definitely leave the chain on 30th April. Chances of such award reservation to be cancelled is very very high.

The reason is once the hotel leave the chain they are not obligated to honour the award reservation as they no longer have the relationship with IHG and accept payment from IHG...Very complicated story but my two reservations were in America (Brazil and USA), not Australia. So there might be a chance your will be OK. However, just double check every few days. Once the IHG priority club received finalised plan of the property leaving the chain, you will get notification sooner.

Couldn't happen in an inexpensive city or an inexpensive timeframe, if I'd known this we wouldn't have planned for Darwin.....