FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Coronavirus: IHG Rewards Club & InterContinental Ambassador membership extension (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/2012459-coronavirus-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador-membership-extension.html)

GundamWing01 Apr 26, 2020 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by ninjalad (Post 32325913)
No I could only see it when logging in with my laptop, it was def showing end of Jan 2022 for Spire

thats very interesting. ive never seen a spire exp date online for my account. however, what do you see within your app? do you use android or iOS? are you saying you dont see any dates within your app and only online?

ninjalad Apr 26, 2020 2:25 pm

I have Iphone, on the app I only see my RA card which currently shows expiry of 31.12.20. If I log in on IHG.com then I can see both that and Spire card , which until recently showed expiry of Jan 2022. However I am now locked out of the website as it seems are a number of others . Maybe updates are happening ? I can access my account on my phone app :p

ninjalad Apr 26, 2020 2:38 pm

Sorry I just played with my phone again , click on 2020 Track to Elite Status, just above where the circles showing points earned and nights this year are. That takes you to page showing various level with your own in a box . I get Spire Elite expiration 31.12.2022 and a smaller box saying You are Royal Ambassador. No I dd not mistype expiry date lol

GundamWing01 Apr 26, 2020 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by ninjalad (Post 32326676)
Sorry I just played with my phone again , click on 2020 Track to Elite Status, just above where the circles showing points earned and nights this year are. That takes you to page showing various level with your own in a box . I get Spire Elite expiration 31.12.2022 and a smaller box saying You are Royal Ambassador. No I dd not mistype expiry date lol

nice. glad you found the info within your app, however, all the dates are clearly messed up and IHG needs to update everything soon. youre RA date online and app are wrong, and your spire date in app is also wrong. not sure why spire date online showed correctly then disappeared for you. hopefully, everything will be set to Jan 2022 soon including AMB which only has +3 mo. ridiculous.

i didnt know online showed you both RA and Spire exp dates. but mine never did. interesting.

ninjalad Apr 27, 2020 1:43 am

No the Spire expiry date has been that since I got it in Feb this year, I was mixed up thinking Jan, not sure why it is for so long but I guess there is IHG logic to it. The RAdate is correct until they change them with new extension

GundamWing01 Apr 28, 2020 1:59 am

Originally Posted by ninjalad (Post 32327639)
No the Spire expiry date has been that since I got it in Feb this year, I was mixed up thinking Jan, not sure why it is for so long but I guess there is IHG logic to it. The RAdate is correct until they change them with new extension

oh i see. got it. sounds like its a waiting game now. keep us posted if you see updated expiration dates.

chistery Apr 30, 2020 9:44 am

My AMB weekend night cert is now showing the three month extension.

Boraxo Apr 30, 2020 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by chistery (Post 32337728)
My AMB weekend night cert is now showing the three month extension.

Ditto. Matches AMB membership extension. At last.

Chase night was extended 6 months - have almost 18 months to use. Much better.

khabah May 1, 2020 4:42 am

Not to split hairs, but a question nonetheless: my Platinum status on the app is valid until December 31st, 2021. Is this accurate with IHG’s extension “through January 2022”, or does that mean it is yet to be extended to January 31st, 2022? Are there extensions that are yet to be reflected on people’s accounts?

Thanks in advance!

khabah

demue May 1, 2020 9:25 am

Certificates now extended by 3 months on two family accounts. Okay for one of them as use in 2021 now, but 1 Aug 2020 isn't going to be possible IHG. Sigh.

kevino May 2, 2020 12:28 pm

My Spire status still shows expiring end of Dec. 2020 on the app and regular online account. I'm not complaining, just sharing a data point. :)

ninjalad May 2, 2020 1:22 pm

I have also not yet had certificates extended or status, as my spire goes until 31.12.22 then I don't expect a change but the RA should :)

336 May 18, 2020 11:05 pm

Am I the only one who's Amb has not been extended?

Expires 30/06/2020.

I also have 67 qualifying nights this year. Spire expires 31/12/2021.

chrism20 May 19, 2020 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by 336 (Post 32386826)
Am I the only one who's Amb has not been extended?

Expires 30/06/2020.

I also have 67 qualifying nights this year. Spire expires 31/12/2021.

My AMB expiry date was July 1st and it and the BOGOF have only been extended in the last three or four days.

demue May 22, 2020 3:14 am

As another poster pointed out on the RA thread, seems that IHG silently extended all AMB accounts by another 3 months. I checked our two family accounts and both had an activity entry on 20 May stating "AMB Renewal". End date of AMB status is reflected correctly for us with one now showing 1 Nov 2020 (was 1 May 2020 originally) and the other showing 1 Jun 2021 (was 1 Nov 2020).

Not complaining, thanks IHG. May actually get a chance to use the FWNC then, though the one due by 1 Nov 2020 may still be tough. YMMV.