FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IHG Rewards Club Advisors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1859020-ihg-rewards-club-advisors.html)

markis10 Aug 5, 2017 11:43 am

IHG Rewards Club Advisors

Anyone else getting the surveys, mine came the day after the invite below:

We’re always working to make your IHG® Rewards Club experience even better, and who knows better than you?

We want to hear about your personal experience through our IHG® Rewards Club Advisors Panel. After taking the initial survey, some members may be contacted for further participation, but everyone’s voice will be heard. If selected as an IHG® Rewards Club Advisor, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in quick surveys each month on a range of IHG® Rewards Club related topics, with all responses kept confidential.

:D! Aug 5, 2017 1:37 pm

I did the initial invite survey.

The next day I got the following email:

Dear ,

Today we are going to be asking you some quick questions about 'room upgrade notifications’.
There was no name.

The first question was something like "we recently sent you a pre-arrival email notifying you that you had been upgraded. Do you remember receiving this?".

It didn't mention which hotel and I have never ever received any emails about upgrades.

So I clicked no and that was it.

Stealthmode Aug 6, 2017 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by :D! (Post 28651968)
I did the initial invite survey.

The next day I got the following email:

There was no name.

The first question was something like "we recently sent you a pre-arrival email notifying you that you had been upgraded. Do you remember receiving this?".

It didn't mention which hotel and I have never ever received any emails about upgrades.

So I clicked no and that was it.

Same here, so odd.

MrsW Aug 6, 2017 11:47 pm

It's odd - I received the same email and I did remember receiving the upgrade notification so I clicked yes and that was the end of the survey......

adobbing Aug 7, 2017 5:02 am

Originally Posted by MrsW (Post 28656895)
It's odd - I received the same email and I did remember receiving the upgrade notification so I clicked yes and that was the end of the survey......

I got similar, it told me I'd already completed it?

chrism20 Aug 7, 2017 5:26 am

I got the email but when I on the link the first page said welcome to the survey please click next.

When i done that it took me to the ihg website.

snevillio Aug 7, 2017 5:44 am

Have to admit to me this looked like phishing attach, peculiar email address, lack of personlisation so i did nothing with it... any chance this is a scam?

adobbing Aug 7, 2017 6:08 am

That's the issue with most of the communication and IT from IHG, you're always left wondering whether it is a scam!

chrism20 Aug 7, 2017 6:36 am

Originally Posted by snevillio (Post 28657528)
Have to admit to me this looked like phishing attach, peculiar email address, lack of personlisation so i did nothing with it... any chance this is a scam?

I've been receiving emails from the email address that mine arrived from sporadically since March 2016 and the points from all surveys have posted eventually.

Mines looked genuine enough (I think!)

TravelTheWorld66 Aug 7, 2017 5:07 pm

I did the survey only because they were offering 500 points. Haven't seen it post yet.

FlyerTalker688786 Aug 7, 2017 7:38 pm

Be aware

It does look like a scam. The email address domain ihgrewardsclubadvisors.com does not exist. There is no survey contents. The email did not address member by name nor membership number.

do clear the cookies and history and change your IHG member pin if you clicked on the link.

chrism20 Aug 8, 2017 5:39 am

The emails I have received have came from [email protected], these date back over a year.

As a precaution I've checked with IHG this morning and they have confirmed that the email address above is definitely one of theirs and that the email I received was genuine. They also added the 500 points seeing as the survey didn't work.

If anyone is unsure or if the survey didn't work or if you want to put your mind at rest I'd recommend contacting IHG personally for confirmation that the email is genuine.

:D! Dec 21, 2017 11:42 am

I just got a new survey asking me to rank 9 potential new benefits for Spire:

- free night at Holiday Inn Express
- €40 voucher for hotel incidentals
- €40 amazon voucher
- and various media subscriptions

lol.

Points Scrounger Dec 21, 2017 12:44 pm

As one-time annual bonuses those would be a complete joke. I would prefer to see a more modest food and beverage credit per stay as Marriott does.

Yokdoc Dec 21, 2017 1:05 pm

I think this survey is a wonderful and elegant way to prepare one self for the next devaluation. During the first question I could rate all options down as none of them have higher value than the existing 25000 points. But the second question forces you to choose, and you choose the least worst.... bingo, here you are... ready to buy that ... genius marketing!