FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   New RA qualifying criteria based on IC Revenue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1772309-new-ra-qualifying-criteria-based-ic-revenue.html)

Tim O'Brien Jun 12, 2016 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by cosackspolgenev (Post 26769116)
FYI. I'm Re-Qualified Spire RA on End of May.2016(until 2017 June).
Stay count is IC40/HIEX14/CP3/HI10 = 67 Paid stays and 5 different ICs.

67/40/5 interesting data point

Baze Jun 12, 2016 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 26769365)
It depends. If a company arranges a special long term price with the hotel for a set of employees, that means the employee or hotel guest really had no choice in the matter. In that case, what loyalty is there?

However if an individual negotiates a long term stay, then part of the negotiation can include RA level benefits or better. That individual is choosing the IC over other hotels and is guaranteeing a fixed set of weekly or monthly revenue to the hotel.

Lets not over complicate things. Just stick to my 5 nights a week for 30 weeks a year at $200 per night. And lets say my person is an independent contractor not affiliated with any company that my negotiate a rate. They chose the IC because they wanted to stay there for whatever reason, they like IC, it is right next to the company they will be consulting with whatever, non of that has any bearing on my question, why do they require multiple IC's.

But as Tim O'Brien just noted, it seems to not be a hard and fast requirement which would make sense as it is an invitation only status.

Tim O'Brien Jun 12, 2016 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by Baze (Post 26769354)
Someone who spends $200 per night 5 nights a week for 30 weeks a year isn't high value? I never said or meant to imply they stayed 150 nights straight. I get the stays and nights thing it is the 3 different IC's I don't get.

i'm guessing the multiple IC requirement is just to satisfy their franchisees, ie they share in the revenue/profitability, and have to also wear the costs for the mini bar benefits etc

stimpy Jun 12, 2016 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Raynyan (Post 26768792)
Yes, I coincidentally saw the document about it on web.
You can find by Google.

Thank you very much Raynan. A little googling turned it up for me. This document is nice to see mainly because it confirms what I thought all along was true and what various IC staff have hinted to me over the years. It's funny, but this document will make sure I stay loyal to IC hotels because it affirms that they really see the value in us RA's.

stimpy Jun 12, 2016 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien (Post 26769393)
i'm guessing the multiple IC requirement is just to satisfy their franchisees, ie they share in the revenue/profitability, and have to also wear the costs for the mini bar benefits etc

Two points. One is you are absolutely correct that the chain values the fact that a regular guest at the Park Lane will spend x number of dollars at other IC's. They even break it down by region.

But regarding the mini-bar, what I've learned is that is such a tiny expense that it is insignificant in the overall cost of the scheme.

Raynyan Jun 12, 2016 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 26769413)
Thank you very much Raynan. A little googling turned it up for me. This document is nice to see mainly because it confirms what I thought all along was true and what various IC staff have hinted to me over the years. It's funny, but this document will make sure I stay loyal to IC hotels because it affirms that they really see the value in us RA's.

You are very welcome. This document also have in Spanish, Chinese, and Japanese version. I have all of them.

Tim O'Brien Jun 12, 2016 10:29 pm

odd thing about this document, is it refers to "revenue, and not just Stays", when it's never been about "Stays", it's been about "Nights".

unlike Hilton (30 stays/60 nights/120K points), and say Hyatt (25 stays/50nights) for example

http://intercontinental-70thcelebrat...Ambassador.pdf now http://viewfromthewing.img.boardinga...Ambassador.pdf

Retron Jun 13, 2016 12:14 am

You've got to love clueless Web design companies.

If you go to http://intercontinental-70thcelebrations.co.uk and View Source, you'll see the following links:

http://intercontinental-70thcelebrat...k_Toolkit.pptx

http://magazine.intercontinental.com...l-life-issue-1

Nickolash27 Jun 13, 2016 12:56 am

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien (Post 26769794)
Excellent News:

New Royal selection criteria is based on revenue not just stay
behaviour
• Only InterContinental stays will count towards Royal
qualification
• Multi location stays to avoid qualification for long term stayers
• Changes will be phased in

No change on this thread expected: desperate searches for the magic numbers, disappointment expressed because the service centre staff didn't give the "right" answer, calls for less opacity, probably calls for inclusion of IHG-wide stays, etc etc.

Land-of-Miles Jun 13, 2016 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Raynyan (Post 26769117)
According to document, Multi location stays required to avoid long term stay guests. It is quite make sense that 150 nights in 1 IC spending $30K cannot get RA.

Could we get a link please if this is public domain, or at the very least an outline of criteria?

I think this could be very positive.

turner32 Jun 13, 2016 2:56 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles (Post 26770252)
Could we get a link please if this is public domain, or at the very least an outline of criteria?

Hopefully, they'll set a $ spend target. It's difficult to see how it would work otherwise.
I've no issue spending more time in IC's and less in HIX, HI and CP simply to make up the numbers.

Retron Jun 13, 2016 2:57 am

The only things that have leaked are the documents on this page - there's no hard criteria mentioned so far.

TravelTheWorld66 Jun 13, 2016 4:38 am

I have no problem with these changes as long as the requirements are made public. Making it revenue based without giving a target would be cruel.

Raynyan Jun 13, 2016 4:43 am

Only I can say that you can find by Google, since "©︎2016 IHG CONFIDENTIAL" on the document. It's so regrettable LL and some people paste the URL in public. We should be moderate to handle this kind of matter. Coz it was very easy to find on google.

Land-of-Miles Jun 13, 2016 5:04 am

Originally Posted by Raynyan (Post 26770596)
Only I can say that you can find by Google, since "©︎2016 IHG CONFIDENTIAL" on the document. It's so regrettable LL and some people paste the URL in public. We should be moderate to handle this kind of matter. Coz it was very easy to find on google.

I tried various search terms on Google and didn't find it until someone posted the link.

What is also interesting in the context of my posts upthread is that they appear to want to drive up revenue by better leveraging the scheme, which IMHO means more transparent and less opaque qualifying criteria. Something like >$20k spend, >25 nights and minimum 5 IC's would I think be appropriate.