FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2014) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1735488-please-post-your-rewards-club-elite-experiences-archive-thread-2014-a.html)

myeurocrush Feb 26, 2014 8:06 am

Holiday Inn Express Southington, CT

Holiday Inn Express Southington, CT

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum.

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard received standard.

How are the rooms?
Perfectly fine for a HIEX. Great bed.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
I normally stay away from HIEX but this wasn’t all that bad. I loved the extra USB outlet in the room for charging all of our devices. Breakfast was good - loved the pancake making machine.. Bed was really comfortable.

Bad:
Nothing

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Was slightly more expensive than I thought it should be for a HI EX in an uninteresting city, but it was over the holidays, and allowed we to get the big win. Yes I would return.

basske Feb 28, 2014 7:19 am

Crowne Plaza Perth, Western Australia

- What is your Priority Club status? Platinum Ambassador
- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Why yes indeedy
- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Premium King River View, no upgrade received but had been checking the hotel website for the week prior and it was sold out on the night I stayed.
- How are the rooms? Not Bad, on the small side and a little tired but comfortable
- How is the exec. lounge? N/A
- What was good and what was bad? Not too much bad, more average the good's however are the staff. These guy's did a lotto help us out during our stay.
- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? I'd return but it's not great value for money, I beleive nothing in Perth is.

balima Mar 1, 2014 8:55 am

Holiday Inn Itasca Illinois

Platinum.

Yes

Booked standard king, got standard King on 4th floor. At check in was given a choice of 500 bonus points, a free drink, or something else I don't remember. We went for the free drink only to find out it was limited to the house wine or domestic beer. Should have taken the 500 points. No breakfast.

How are the rooms?
I thought the room was fine. Comfy chair.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Nice hotel. Very large lobby. Location was great if you were visiting some of the local industries. Located in an industrial area.

For the price $72 it was fine. If I needed to I would return, but we only booked for the Win Big.

kaell Mar 5, 2014 5:24 pm

Intercontinental Barclay New York

Platinum.

Yes

Booked standard king, received Deluxe 9th floor, free internet, late check out

How are the rooms?
room was fine. bit out dated.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good:
Great location for doing tourist things.
Bad:
none

kaell Mar 5, 2014 5:30 pm

Staybridge Suites Time Sq

Platinum

It was okay.

Booked standard suite, received the same but high floor with partial view

How are the rooms?
not bad for NY
How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good: Location
Bad: poor breakfast, overcrowded
For ~$200, maybe.

nicolas75 Mar 9, 2014 11:40 am

Holiday Inn Munich City Centre

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Platinum Royal Ambassador

Yes

Booked week-end best flexible rate with breakfast and received a superior room on 11th floor (last floor) with city view.

How are the rooms?
Tiny
Nothing fancy but perfectly clean and well maintained
Flat screen television set with very large choice of German speaking and international channels (BBC and itv do not work though)
Bathroom with bathtub. No bathrobe
Nice view over the city
Very quiet
Fast wifi

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good:
  • Friendly staff
  • Very central location, with very easy access (metro station down the hotel, direct access to the airport)
  • Nice and quite large indoor pool (you need 1 euro coin for the locker)
  • Excellent breakfast (very good choice, very fast service despite a lot of guests, terrace)
  • Recently renovated lobby

Bad
Nothing

Value for $ or IHG Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
Yes. The hotel does the job, even if not fancy (Great Louis Hotel was just a bit more expensive and has definitely not the same atmosphere).

stimpy Mar 9, 2014 12:34 pm

HI Mulhouse

Platinum

Yes

Booked cheap standard, given large family suite

How are the rooms?
Seem to be recently renovated. Lots of space and decent furniture. Good large bathroom, all modern with tub and separate rain shower.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good:
Rather nice brasserie which you should reserve in advance. It was sold out last night so we asked for a lunch reservation for today and got the last table. Possibly the most expensive HI restaurant I've ever eaten at. But quite good.
For auto fans, there's a car enthusiast club meeting in front of the hotel each month. Lots of beautiful old cars, and some nice new supercars.

Bad
Nothing

Value for € or IHG Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
Yes.

FlightNurse Mar 10, 2014 9:32 am

HI San Diego - Mission Valley

Platinum

Yes

Booked standard, given Standard

How are the rooms?
Fairly new, Lots of space and decent furniture.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good:

The room

Bad
Nothing
No upgrade, even though the website was showing larger room still available, no welcome gift, and the only time I was recognized as PLT was at the very end of check in when I was asked if I wanted points or a free drink.

Value for $ or IHG Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
maybe

Once again, HI is at it when they name these hotels, this hotel is not near Mission Valley....

BRAISKI Mar 10, 2014 9:34 am

HIX Collingwood, Ontario Canada

HIX Collingwood, Ontario Canada

Platinum

Yes

Booked suite as its a busy season and didn't want to gamble not getting a bigger room (2 queen with sofa bed) price was only $10 difference not a big deal. So I end up taking a smaller room with microwave but still had 2 queen beds and couch.

How are the rooms?
First room was big and second room was small

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good: Location, flexible staff, was able to change room with a microwave
Bad: Price was a bit expensive for HIX but it was March break so its expensive. Also breakfast is never good at HIX but its tolerable.

I would return, I always stay here when I go snowboarding/skiing with friends. Having a free breakfast in the morning goes a long way.

CalItalian Mar 12, 2014 11:43 am

Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale South Dania Beach

Holiday Inn EXPRESS Ft. Lauderdale South Dania Beach

Platinum Elite

It was fine.

Booked King Leisure, upgraded to King Suite (which is like a mini-suite) on points.

How are the rooms?

King Suite has a sofa and coffee table along with microwave & mini fridge.

How is the exec. lounge?
None.

Good: FULL DirecTV satellite tv. Hundreds of channels. Most I've ever seen at any hotel, anywhere. This property opened in October 2013, so it is in excellent shape. Beds comfortable. Wifi speeds good. Covered parking (free) on the first 3 floors of the hotel (lobby/breakfast area 1st floor...rooms are on the 4th-6th floors) which is very rare in Florida. Staff is friendly. Status acknowledged.

Bad:
Can access elevator from parking garage floors to any hotel floor without a key. This could be a security issue since the area is currently iffy. Oddly, when you're in the staircase, you have to have a key to access any floor which might be a fire issue (I used it to go from the 6th floor to the 5th where the laundry room is located). Although I heard nothing from other rooms while in the room, you can hear everything going on in the hallway from inside rooms...or vice versa. Breakfast is typical underwhelming HI EXP and not well restocked. Nice breakfast area, though.

20K points currently. Great value for this new hotel.

CalItalian Mar 12, 2014 12:03 pm

Crowne Plaza La Concha Key West

Crowne Plaza La Concha Key West

Platinum Elite

It was o.k.

Booked King Leisure, given King handicap room. No upgrade, maybe downgrade. On a points stay.

How are the rooms?
Handicap room had a large bathroom but there was no table or desk - just a chair - in the room. Had to ask for an additional chair which after the second call, was promptly delivered. Bed very comfortable.

How is the exec. lounge?
None.

Valet parking fee waived for Platinum Elite. Unbeatable location. Rooms are clean. Housekeeping, valet and maintenance staff very friendly and helpful.

Bad: Front desk staff, at best, is indifferent. Not welcomed, status not acknowledged. Nothing was said about valet parking - that Plats have the charge waived - other than they already knew I was parking a vehicle. Not much was said at all to me. No new benefit (500 points) or even a bottle of water or snack given at check in. You will hear EVERYONE that passes by your room door. Central A/C can be set low but with no activity in room will turn off during sleep.

Maybe if I could get a room at the end of a hallway. Great location. 45K points might be worth it when rooms are expensive but not otherwise.

RatherBeOnATrain Mar 14, 2014 9:05 am

Durango, CO Holiday Inn (21636 West US Highway 160)

I think this is the first FT review of the new (opened February 2013) "Durango Central" Holiday Inn in Durango, Colorado, USA; the former Durango HI is now the Durango Downtown Inn.

Plat
- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes
- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked two Queens using Points -- stayed in room with two queens. Was asked if I wanted points or a free drink when I checked in.
- How are the rooms?
Room was more like a newer HIX than an old HI. There is a restaurant attached to the hotel, other than that, the hotel could probably pass as a HIX. My room had a mini fridge and microwave.

- How is the exec. lounge?
I don't think they have one.
- What was good and what was bad?
Good: Staff seemed pleasant, the internet worked fine, and the hotel has *lots* of large framed photographs of the Durango area and the train. My room had two 16"x24" photos and there were similar photos throughout the common areas.

Bad: Location is a long walk (15-25 minutes) from the downtown Durango restaurants, bars and train depot.... However, the Residence Inn is right across the street and many other chain hotels (Hampton Inn, Choice property) are much farther out from Durango's downtown core.

Good: The hotel is about a 10-15 minute walk, possibly less, to the parking lot for the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge railroad -- if you are going to ride the train, this hotel is close enough to hike over and save on the daily parking fee that the railroad charges if you park in their lot. (Just leave yourself plenty of time to get to the Depot. I think you have to be onboard a 1/2 hour before scheduled departure.)

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Decent value for PC points and I would return.

youhavebeenupgraded Mar 15, 2014 4:52 am

Indigo Berlin Alexanderplatz

- What is your Priority Club status?
Royal Platinum Ambassador

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
No

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest with breakfast, received "Suite" without view; had to change to "Suite" with view because the first suite had an ugly smell

- How are the rooms?
Really small!

Some pictures:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.boardinga...lexanderplatz/

- How is the exec. lounge?
No lounge

Good:
  • View

Bad
  • Check-in took more than 30 minutes
  • Unfriendly staff
  • Had to discuss to get free internet!
  • Ugly smell in the first room
  • "Suite" was a tiny box
  • Breakfast

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
No, definitely. There are better options in Berlin.

nicolas75 Mar 15, 2014 5:11 pm

Indigo Berlin Alexanderplatz

Originally Posted by youhavebeenupgraded (Post 22527967)
Good:
  • View

Bad
  • Check-in took more than 30 minutes
  • Unfriendly staff
  • Had to discuss to get free internet!
  • Ugly smell in the first room
  • "Suite" was a tiny box
  • Breakfast

I personally like very much Indigo Berlin Alexanderplatz for VERY friendly staff, great location close to trendy spots and with easy public transport connection, very good breakfast.
Suites are not huge (as most Indigos) but nicely decorated and have pleasant balcony.
Always have been very happy with this hotel which I highly recommend.

By booking the equivalent of the cheapest rate of Indigo, I am not quite sure you will get a 35sqm+ room with balcony at some other Mitte hotels like the Cosmo hotel, Casa Camper, Lux 11, Weinmaster, the Dude or Soho House.

IAN-UK Mar 16, 2014 3:13 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75 (Post 22530784)
I personally like very much Indigo Berlin Alexanderplatz for VERY friendly staff ....

:eek: ?