FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2014) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1735488-please-post-your-rewards-club-elite-experiences-archive-thread-2014-a.html)

nicolas75 Jan 12, 2014 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by fqtv_kraven (Post 22078361)
Holiday Inn Paris Opera - Grands Blvds

200€ for Paris is not very cheap and compared to the room size it is about 100€ per m²... But the design was quite nice and I would return if there is no other choice.

I would not say that EUR 200 for a mid-range renovated central hotel is that expensive in Paris.

PS: was your room 2sqm large? :confused:

Chandler Bing Jan 13, 2014 4:59 am

Crowne Plaza Liverpool Airport

What is your Priority Club status?
Gold Elite

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay ? Yes, more about this on the InterContinental Hotels Group Stay Forum

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Standard room I believe, as we were on a PB.

How are the rooms?
Excellent, slightly dated, but beautifully decorated in Art Deco style. Just make sure to request a room facing the back of the property ie the old airfield, we had a Jetstream 41 parked directly under our window!

How is the exec. lounge?
n/a

What was good and what was bad?

Good
- Fantastic staff, couldn't do enough for us.
- Even received a complimentary drinks voucher AND the extra 400 point bonus voucher despite being a PB stay!
- Staff handled a problem with our dinner reservation brilliantly.
- Subsequently the food was fantastic.
- The aviation history (this property is the old Speke Airport main terminal) is fantastically displayed, with the old planes out on the airfield at the back of the hotel, and on the old advertisement posters scattered across the place.

Bad
- Slightly worn room.
- TV channels were a bit all over the place, and the picture quality was shocking!
- Whilst it was perfect for us (we only live 30mins away) for a 'date night', if you were to go to Liverpool City Centre it's rather far away, also the airport is not that close to make this worth the extra money over the HIX or Hampton Inn (I think) situated at the airport.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

As this was a PB stay, I'd say it was more than excellent value for money, probably wouldn't pay full price (points or cash) for it.

virtualaris Jan 13, 2014 10:53 pm

Holiday Inn Kiev, Ukraine

Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay ? Very delighted !!

Stay two times separately; both booked using points and both of them were upgraded to Executive Room

How are the rooms?
The room is very fresh, new, modern and there is a classy touch with an Ukrainian cathedral design on the room. It has a beautiful view to the city.

How is the exec. lounge?
n/a

Good
- Fantastic staff and very good English
- Got an option to choose free snacks and drinks or 500 Pts; on both stays
- There's only one concierge staff named Oleg; but he is really helpful !
- Got upgraded
- Got early check-in on my second stay; eventhough it was 10 am.
- The reward night would costs only 10,000 pts/night which is very great value !
- met the GM for both of my stays; and he is very nice person ! ^

Bad
- bit walk to the nearest Metro

Sure !!!

virtualaris Jan 13, 2014 10:57 pm

Crowne Plaza Zurich, Switzerland

Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay ? Very delighted !!

Booked standard and got double upgrade to Deluxe

How are the rooms?
The room still new, modern, and the beds are to die for.

How is the exec. lounge?
n/a

Good
- Got lot of welcome gifts; ie aroma therapy, a box of chocolate, small chocolates, etc.
- Very helpful Front Office Team
- Got a double upgrade
- Got a late check-out at 5 pm ^^^

Bad
None

Sure !!!

Keyser Jan 14, 2014 2:00 am

Originally Posted by virtualaris (Post 22149898)
Booked standard and got double upgrade to Deluxe

How are the rooms?
The room still new, modern, and the beds are to die for.

how spacious are the rooms????

sweets61250 Jan 14, 2014 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 22150417)

The standard and superior rooms are quite small. But well made and renovated.
Would be suitable for just 2 people. Deluxe is supposed to be bigger but I am not sure if it is renovated recently.

I was there for 5 nights during my 1st stay in 2011. The 1st night we felt weird in the compact room but got used to it from the 2nd day and were quite happy staying there. I was there with family, some of who are not very easy with rooms and hotels. I have had repeat stays also.

The bathroom door is frosted and does not lock or close fully. So difficult to use if you are staying with a non spouse. Lol

Internet is free and of decent speed. Restaurant was decent. Coop or Mirgos nearby.

Location is not very good specially for tourists. 5 mins walk to the tram stop. From there 15 mins to the main station and 20 mins to the centre near the lake via tram.

We did not mind it compared to the price of other hotels in Zurich. 2 months ago it was available at the 35% off rate and dirt cheap for Zurich.

You can get it touch for any other details.

BRAISKI Jan 14, 2014 4:20 pm

Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls, Ontario

Platinum Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay ? Very happy

Initially booked the Regular room and got upgraded to a suite with falls view.
They had to move me to a different room as there was a pipe burst, instead of 1 big suite they got me a 1 suite and a regular room with falls view, not really a big deal glad they did everything to make my stay comfortable.

How are the rooms?
Clean and spacious, good view.

How is the exec. lounge?
n/a

Good
- Staff
- Service
- Got free parking and breakfast due to the inconvenience of moving rooms due to the pipe burst.

Bad
- Its an old hotel, so somethings are outdated

Great! As it stands this is my hotel of choice in Niagara

virtualaris Jan 14, 2014 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 22150417)

The standard and superior are basically the same size; both of them are 18 sqm. However, the Deluxe room is about 23 sqm.

As sweets61250 said, hotel location is not that good but for the price said; it is quite good value comparing other hotels in Central Zurich.

Keyser Jan 15, 2014 12:08 am

Originally Posted by sweets61250 (Post 22152335)
The standard and superior rooms are quite small. But well made and renovated.
Would be suitable for just 2 people. Deluxe is supposed to be bigger but I am not sure if it is renovated recently.

I was there for 5 nights during my 1st stay in 2011. The 1st night we felt weird in the compact room but got used to it from the 2nd day and were quite happy staying there. I was there with family, some of who are not very easy with rooms and hotels. I have had repeat stays also.

The bathroom door is frosted and does not lock or close fully. So difficult to use if you are staying with a non spouse. Lol

Internet is free and of decent speed. Restaurant was decent. Coop or Mirgos nearby.

Location is not very good specially for tourists. 5 mins walk to the tram stop. From there 15 mins to the main station and 20 mins to the centre near the lake via tram.

We did not mind it compared to the price of other hotels in Zurich. 2 months ago it was available at the 35% off rate and dirt cheap for Zurich.

You can get it touch for any other details.

Originally Posted by virtualaris (Post 22155509)
The standard and superior are basically the same size; both of them are 18 sqm. However, the Deluxe room is about 23 sqm.

As sweets61250 said, hotel location is not that good but for the price said; it is quite good value comparing other hotels in Central Zurich.

great....thanks for the info....

WORLDWIDE TRAVELER Jan 15, 2014 6:08 am

Holiday inn Tbilisi/Georgia on points got upgraded to Executive room on high floor with amazing city view excellent new big modern room and bath andd floor to ceeing windows.
highly recommended for 15k

mgmsteven Jan 15, 2014 10:35 am

Crowne Plaza Panama
__________________________________________________ ______

Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, very happy two stays

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked King Bed Deluxe on Point Breaks Award received upgrade to King Suite

- How are the rooms?
Big & Clean, living room had large flat screen tv, couch & chairs, kitchen had refrigerator & microwave and sink, bedroom had large flat screen tv, bathroom: vanity area was open to sleeping area, toilet and shower section had a door.

- How is the exec. lounge? Don't know

- What was good and what was bad?
Bad was could not figure out how to operate alarm clock though live wake up call was dependable. Good was extremely hospitable staff, good location, 2 free snacks/beverage at check in, two free beverage certs, fast free wifi, good tv channel selection, rooms darken well, fridge and ac very cold, bed & pillows comfortable

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return
Outstanding value for point breaks. Yes, would return at regular reward night or paid stay. Value was much better that Hilton Garden Inn nearby where I stayed on prior visit.

Titom Jan 17, 2014 10:03 am

Crown Plaza Geneva - Switzerland

Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay ?
Very happy !

Superior Room. No upgrade since the hotel just got refurbished recently, and upgrades would happen after the "open house"

How are the rooms?
The room was new, the bed very comfortable and spacious.

How is the exec. lounge?
n/a

Good
- Friendly staff
- Aromatherapy "goodies"

Bad
- Internet was very slow
- TV wasn't working that well as the tv wasn't receiving a good signal. Issue is being worked out with a whole new tv system.

Yes I would.

scubaccr Jan 19, 2014 12:52 pm

Indigo, Birmingham, UK

Indigo, Birmingham, UK

Platinum RA

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Was ok

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked - King Bed Executive
Received - King Bed Executive (no upgrade)

- How are the rooms?
o Floors 23+24. Top floor 25 is Restaurant/Bar. Other floors are residential
o Bed OK and comfortable, but annoying small pillows
o Everything in good condition, looks new
o Small workdesk and a small armchair, plenty of power points.
o Bathroom has no bath, large rainfall shower cubicle. Plenty of instant hot water and nice large thick bath towels
o Wall flat screen TV opposite end of bed, good channel selection including skysports1+2 (no Eurosport)
o Free minibar fridge = Kitkat + 4 bottleswater (Indigo Paddington is 1000% more generous with fizzy cans + wine)
- Not even half a window width wise for my room, window in corner of room, obviously main part of window went with next door room! I an not at all happy when rooms have no window/natural light.
- Purple colour scheme, carpet, Free standing wardrobe, wall hangings, furniture. A bit too colourful for me

- How is the exec. lounge?
n/a

- What was good and what was bad?
+ Nice 25th Floor bar. Seems very verypoular. Is also a Champagne bar so could get costly if not careful but cheap enough per bottle especially compared with London otel bars markups.
+ Offer of 600pts as Plat or Drinks voucher. Chose pint of beer as that's 6gbp at the Indigo 25th Floor bar.
+ Free on street parking 18.00 Sat - Mon 08.00 (Indigo carpark = 18gbp/24hour even if go in+out several times)
+ Great 360degree view from 25th floor
+ Late 13.00 checkout request granted

- Not even half a window width wise for my room, window in corner of room, obviously main part of window went with next door room! I an not at all happy when rooms have no window/natural light.
- Need book hotel 25th floor restaurant weeks in advance (2 months if Saturday) so needed to eat out, which is a fair bit of a walk! I don't ever book rooms thhat far ahead !
- This hotel pre-auths our CC's before arrival, even on a Flex rates
(Supposed reason .. SO we can prepare the quick checkin wallet+key )

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Not really, if CP plaza 800m away has rooms. CP is 20-50gbp cheaper a night and CP upgrades IHG Plats to Club with Lounge access. I Just did this 1night towards BigWin2014 Brands=5 task (Adjacent booked night is Staybridge Birmingham Center for same reason )

DrTom Jan 19, 2014 1:12 pm

Holiday Inn Express - Birmingham Snow Hill, UK

Holiday Inn Express - Birmingham Snow Hill, UK

Platinum

Delivers what was promised

Booked Double Room with Sofa Bed.
Received same, on fifth floor (ugly view of wall of next building).
Previously, I've at least received a high floor with a view

How are the rooms?
Not looking as new and pristine as they were six months ago, but well-designed for an HIX. Tiny TV.

How is the exec. lounge?
No lounge

Good
Smooth check in this time (one previous occasion took 20 minutes, another the person checking me in had no clue about )
Convenient location for Big Win HIX requirement

Bad
Not offered free drink/points (have only been offered this once)
Hotel always gives fewer base points than expected, as they quote a qualifying spend below cost price - VAT (tax)
Breakfast has gone down in quality (lower priced brands used for some items)

Acceptable for Big Win or somewhere just to sleep for the night. But the Staybridge Suites is usually the best value IHG hotel in central Birmingham right now

DrTom Jan 19, 2014 1:23 pm

Crowne Plaza - Birmingham, UK

Crowne Plaza - Birmingham, UK

Platinum

Yes

Booked Basic Room with Breakfast
Upgraded to Club Room with Lounge Access
(received a letter stating that they will always upgrade Platinum members to Club if space if available)

How are the rooms?
Functional, but very dark.

How is the exec. lounge?
Arrived too late for free drinks (5:30pm to 7:30pm). Went in later to get a soft drink and the lounge was deserted. Seemed pleasant enough with a good city view, and a decent coffee machine.
I didn't take breakfast in the lounge as I had it included in my rate, but didn't look busy when I glanced in

Good
Upgrade policy
Fast check in
600 point voucher given at check in

Bad
Breakfast was below par, with small selection, and the fruit salad was out of a tin. They did have decent quality sausages.

A decent hotel, especially if you can make use of the Club Access.