FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   "Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1607048-into-nights-2014-master-thread.html)

garethmorgan Dec 3, 2014 10:22 am

My dashboard has updated and I've got the 2 nights and a good possibility of making the bonus as well.

craz Dec 3, 2014 10:25 am

did anyone get the pts per item that they completed on their updated dashboard? I got 1900 a month ago when I down loaded and booked a stay with the App. Last night 4 other items were checked as completed, still trying to get the 2 free nights into my acct but I didnt get any pts per item either. Wondering if its just me or its that way with everyone else too

mediator Dec 3, 2014 10:35 am

My ITTN now shows two parts and says " Complete 5 of 12 offers and earn 25,000 bonus points or 2 free nights".??? The first part was the usual tasks, e.g. Stay 9 nights; stay at an EVEN hotel etc. The second part shows completely different, like Add a Hotel Review, Discover A World Of Hospitality etc. The two parts have a combined 12 tasks. Does that mean if I complete any five then I'll get 2 free nights? Weird.

whimike Dec 3, 2014 10:44 am

One of my requirements is "Stay at 7 InterContinental® Hotels and Resorts." And the T&C state:

"Stay at 7 InterContinental® Hotels and Resorts.

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer (""Registration""). Number of bonus points or bonus miles listed above will be awarded after required number of qualifying stays have been consumed by the member between 4 September 2014 and 31 December 2014 (both dates inclusive) at InterContinental® hotels worldwide."

To me this reads that I need to have 7 stays at Intercontinental branded hotels. Which, although difficult, is something I am able to do. But, if it means stay at 7 different IC hotels, that would be just about impossible for me.

So far I have had 4 stays at ICs, with 2 of the stays being at the same IC, and with the latest update my total stays counter is correct, but the Stay at 7 IC counter is at 3, potentially indicating they do mean 7 different IC hotels.

Does anybody have any confirmation from IHG on whether the T&C are correct or they mean 7 different IC hotels?

CalItalian Dec 3, 2014 10:57 am

Originally Posted by whimike (Post 23936241)
One of my requirements is "Stay at 7 InterContinental® Hotels and Resorts." And the T&C state:

"Stay at 7 InterContinental® Hotels and Resorts.

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer (""Registration""). Number of bonus points or bonus miles listed above will be awarded after required number of qualifying stays have been consumed by the member between 4 September 2014 and 31 December 2014 (both dates inclusive) at InterContinental® hotels worldwide."

To me this reads that I need to have 7 stays at Intercontinental branded hotels. Which, although difficult, is something I am able to do. But, if it means stay at 7 different IC hotels, that would be just about impossible for me.

So far I have had 4 stays at ICs, with 2 of the stays being at the same IC, and with the latest update my total stays counter is correct, but the Stay at 7 IC counter is at 3, potentially indicating they do mean 9 different IC hotels.

Does anybody have any confirmation from IHG on whether the T&C are correct or they mean 9 different IC hotels?

They all have to be different IC's. I have to do 2 stays at HIX's. I've stayed at one multiple times and that doesn't/hasn't count(ed) beyond one.

chrism20 Dec 3, 2014 11:17 am

My bonus offers have disappeared again and I'm back to the unlock these offers for bonus offers message

WannaTheater Dec 3, 2014 11:54 am

Mine just disappeared as well- I have completed all of my original offers, even though only 3 of the 4 are being reflected.

I was planning on changing some reservations this week to try to obtain the bonus offers, but now that they have disappeared I will not-

takke Dec 3, 2014 12:49 pm

Just logged on to my offers page and the offers have changed from what they were on 21st November.

I didn't think this was still happening. Do you think if I contact Customer Care they will be able to switch them back?

corporate-wage-slave Dec 3, 2014 12:53 pm

Just sharing my good news, at long last. I mentioned it upthread, but I had 5 easy (for me) to achieve offers, which I completed within a few weeks on 3 stays at Bordeaux, Almaty and, er, Wigan.

- 5 nights at IHG
- 2 times international globetrotter
- 2 Extend your stay weekends (Fri or Sun)
- Bonus point breakfast rate
- 2 Holiday Inns.
for 29.6k points + 2 free nights or 30 k extra points

Loads of emails (13 of them) and telephone calls ensued. A PM to ihgcare here (useless response incidentally), and the only reply I got was - please wait 7 to 10 days. Multiple times over after every 10 days. I then got one agent to say that I would definitely get the 2 free stays credited "before December". And to be fair, one by one the bonus points were manually adjusted to my account and some of the Dashboard. But no free nights.

So yesterday I rang IHG again (I think call number 5), and asked the agent as soon as she answered that I wanted to talk to her supervisor. She said "let me see if I can help you". I then let rip and told her of all the emails and telephone calls I've had where agents made promises which were not kept. I listed each agent by name, what they said, what actually happened, and concluded that I was angry about the way staff had handled my account and therefore wanted to talk to a supervisor about the agents' behaviour. She very calmly and politely asked me to hold while she checked things out.

Within a few minutes she came back and said that she could see I had fulfilled the offers and therefore she would manually credit the free nights to my account immediately! She said I wouldn't see it online, and certainly not in the dashboard "which has a few problems at the moment", but if I wanted to book something I just had to ring up and they would book it for free. Before I could ask, she said that the bonus offers for completion would not be available for a few weeks, and said that all I could do there is wait. This was the least of my priorities since IHG has lost so much credibility with me that I'm not at all sure I would be interested in the bonus offers.

Anyway that was a good outcome but it got better today: the dashboard remains incorrect but as of last night a new tag of Free Night Status appears under My Account / My Offer Status in the main IHG login. So I can check availability and book hotels for free nights online.

jbvideo Dec 3, 2014 1:23 pm

Mine have disappeared as well. I can write the email for them if they wish.

Dear Mr. Hopeyoustickwithus

It has come to our attention that some of our loyal customers bonus offers were mistakenly unlocked. We apologize for this inconvenience and for our complete incompetence.

As a token of our appreciation of your continued support, we will be awarding complete bonus wins to all those who have started to fulfill their requirements. Of course, points will be deposited within 6-8 weeks,of the end of the promotion.

Sincerely

Mr. Notsurewhatiamdoing

Please read carefully, not a real email from IHG.
Seriously, thats what needs to be done

perthite Dec 3, 2014 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by WannaTheater (Post 23936645)
Mine just disappeared as well- I have completed all of my original offers, even though only 3 of the 4 are being reflected.

I was planning on changing some reservations this week to try to obtain the bonus offers, but now that they have disappeared I will not-

MIne have gone too. I will now just go and enjoy the freedom that comes now that I have abandoned this promotion :)

ixs Dec 3, 2014 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Alawyer (Post 23934081)
I digged through the whole digital catalog and found the cheapest redemption possible

Do you think the digital catalog applies to the promotion? It says something about "brand merchandise" in my case.

Pseudo Nim Dec 3, 2014 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by ixs (Post 23937512)
Do you think the digital catalog applies to the promotion? It says something about "brand merchandise" in my case.

I redeemed when it first came up for some random digital download. It wasn't clear what it was supposed to be for, but I also don't really care, so we'll see if it ever posts.

Points Scrounger Dec 3, 2014 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by mediator (Post 23936184)
My ITTN now shows two parts and says " Complete 5 of 12 offers and earn 25,000 bonus points or 2 free nights".??? The first part was the usual tasks, e.g. Stay 9 nights; stay at an EVEN hotel etc. The second part shows completely different, like Add a Hotel Review, Discover A World Of Hospitality etc. The two parts have a combined 12 tasks. Does that mean if I complete any five then I'll get 2 free nights? Weird.

The second part is completely separate from the first. You need to complete all of them for the 20K points, and you'll get bonus points in addition for the redemption and final week stay ones as well. Their wording is messed up.

LondonFoodie Dec 3, 2014 2:42 pm

Hoorah!
2 weekend nights at HI J25 Derby for £45 each + 1 night at HI Colchester = 2 nights at IC Le Moana Bora Bora booked!
Now need to try and get these bonus offers...