FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   PCR offer via Facebook on 14th May (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1343803-pcr-offer-via-facebook-14th-may.html)

St Vincent May 7, 2012 2:43 pm

PCR offer via Facebook on 14th May

The PCR Facebook page is dangling a carrot with a message today which reads,

"Are you ready for an exclusive Facebook-only points offer? Check back in seven days...."

Any ideas what it might be? I hope it's not just one of those Daily Getaway things that are only available in the US. I shall be travelling on that day but will try to get online and have a look.

Raffles May 7, 2012 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by St Vincent (Post 18530691)
The PCR Facebook page is dangling a carrot with a message today which reads,

"Are you ready for an exclusive Facebook-only points offer? Check back in seven days...."

Any ideas what it might be? I hope it's not just one of those Daily Getaway things that are only available in the US. I shall be travelling on that day but will try to get online and have a look.

Daily Getaways are available in the UK, I got PC and Hilton . . .

markis10 May 7, 2012 6:05 pm

IC are doing one today

Suggest its the 24 hr sales that are now being released formally versus the trail done early in the year, IC are doing one today via Twitter

InterContinental ‏ @InterConHotels

Tomorrow starting at 12am EST we will have a special offer for you. Put aside some time in your calender, it'll be on for 24h only!

St Vincent May 8, 2012 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles (Post 18531651)
Daily Getaways are available in the UK, I got PC and Hilton . . .

Ah yes, I remember you saying so in another thread Raffles, just put in a US zipcode and maqke up an address. I may give it a go one day. Thanks

mgo72 May 11, 2012 5:01 am

Originally Posted by markis10 (Post 18531877)
Suggest its the 24 hr sales that are now being released formally versus the trail done early in the year, IC are doing one today via Twitter

InterContinental ‏ @InterConHotels

Tomorrow starting at 12am EST we will have a special offer for you. Put aside some time in your calender, it'll be on for 24h only!

Was it the Venetian points offer?

Goonerfish May 11, 2012 5:12 am

![/QUOTE]Was it the Venetian points offer?[/QUOTE]

Yes that's all it was

IHGRewardsClub May 14, 2012 8:24 am

New Priority Club Facebook Offer

Hi Everyone -
The offer actually is the new Facebook offer: Earn 1,000 points every night.

Register here to start earning today.

Carolyn

britbronco22 May 14, 2012 8:38 am

Originally Posted by PriorityClubRewards (Post 18571241)
Hi Everyone -
The offer actually is the new Facebook offer: Earn 1,000 points every night.

Register here to start earning today.

Carolyn

Is this the same promo that will be publically available, except that it is open early to Facebook followers?

IHGRewardsClub May 14, 2012 9:26 am

Originally Posted by britbronco22 (Post 18571331)
Is this the same promo that will be publically available, except that it is open early to Facebook followers?

Correct, this is publicly available and open early to those who would like to register via Facebook.

If you prefer to register via priorityclub.com you can do so on June 1st.

Carolyn

St Vincent May 14, 2012 1:16 pm

Thanks, just spotted this on Facebook and registered.

olegator May 14, 2012 4:13 pm

What if I never had facebook account and never will?

I'm out of luck?:D

KathyWdrf May 14, 2012 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by olegator (Post 18574796)

:rolleyes:

Read posts 8 and 9.

patchan8984 May 14, 2012 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf (Post 18574903)
:rolleyes:

Read posts 8 and 9.

Is it for stays made after registration or can previously booked reservations be valid as well...

Thumper May 14, 2012 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by olegator (Post 18574796)

The goal is to get people to give up thier privacy and give IC access to all your friends via Facebook. And in return they will give you up to 20,000 point or 2000 miles total for the privilage.

The price of ten pieces of silver for giving up your friends has been reset.

Of course if you will spend that many nights after June 1, you don't have to betray any of your friends and you can still earn the same number of points. Even if you don't have a Facebook account.

stimpy May 14, 2012 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 18575574)
The goal is to get people to give up thier privacy and give IC access to all your friends via Facebook. And in return they will give you up to 20,000 point or 2000 miles total for the privilage.

Who has to give up their privacy? I never planned on getting a FB account, but thanks to this promo I just did. However it's a dummy account with a fake name and 0 friends. Pretty painless and 1000 extra points per stay.

Spock Seat May 15, 2012 8:24 am

Originally Posted by PriorityClubRewards (Post 18571637)
Correct, this is publicly available and open early to those who would like to register via Facebook. If you prefer to register via priorityclub.com you can do so on June 1st. Carolyn

Why pump Facebook? They have no right to track, or even know what my interests are; therefore, I'll wait. What about fixing the PC's own website issues, especially reservations....what a disaster that is. I want the old website back that actually worked well. Thanks.

Spock Seat

IHGRewardsClub May 15, 2012 8:43 am

Originally Posted by patchan8984 (Post 18575341)
Is it for stays made after registration or can previously booked reservations be valid as well...

Yes - previously booked reservations will automatically earn points if they occur between now and September 3rd and are qualifying rates.

Carolyn

FlyerTalker688786 May 15, 2012 8:53 am

Will never use facebook and I dislike any companies use it as a prime platform for promotion. This promotion will only make me feel distanced from IHG.

roknroll May 15, 2012 11:20 am

I'm having trouble registering for this. I found the offer on the Priority Club FB page, and liked the page. Then it gave me the registration box, but it wouldn't let me type anything in the box. Now anytime I go back to the page, there is nowhere to register, and it just looks like this:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c8...x/23c4cd9b.jpg

kanerf May 15, 2012 12:10 pm

You can create more than one FB account. I don't really socialize using FB, I just use it for stuff like this, but there is nothing to prevent you from having a public page you use for this sort of thing, and another for you and your friends to keep in touch. You just have to be careful who you friend on FB.

patrickATX May 15, 2012 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by roknroll (Post 18579664)
I'm having trouble registering for this. I found the offer on the Priority Club FB page, and liked the page. Then it gave me the registration box, but it wouldn't let me type anything in the box. Now anytime I go back to the page, there is nowhere to register, and it just looks like this:

I had the same problem but when I went to the link posted by Carolyn on post 7 I got a page that worked. Not sure why or even if it is a different page somehow. You might see if that works better.

Her link was https://www.facebook.com/priorityclu...II_earlyaccess

roknroll May 15, 2012 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by patrickATX (Post 18580059)
I had the same problem but when I went to the link posted by Carolyn on post 7 I got a page that worked. Not sure why or even if it is a different page somehow. You might see if that works better.

Her link was https://www.facebook.com/priorityclu...II_earlyaccess

Thanks, that link worked and got me registered.

HHonors OUTSIDER May 15, 2012 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by roknroll (Post 18580449)
Thanks, that link worked and got me registered.

The reason the linked for you worked the second time is because you were already loged into facebook when you clicked the link. If you are a priority club member just log into facebook first before clicking the link which will open a second page which you will be still loged into facebook and will give you a place to enter your priority club number.

St Vincent May 15, 2012 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Spock Seat (Post 18578635)
Why pump Facebook? They have no right to track, or even know what my interests are; therefore, I'll wait. What about fixing the PC's own website issues, especially reservations....what a disaster that is. I want the old website back that actually worked well. Thanks.

Spock Seat

I'm starting to wonder why i bought this to the attention of the FT community in the first place. Perhaps I should just have let those who are not anti-Facebook find out about it on their FB pages and the rest could have remained in blissful ignorance until 1st June.

prieskern May 15, 2012 5:46 pm

I "Liked" PCR on May 11th and now I can't "Like" again.Will I be eligible?

Hannibal Lecter May 15, 2012 5:54 pm

Has anyone received an e-mail confirmation after registering?

prieskern May 15, 2012 6:25 pm

nevermind...went on FB and figured it out.

Spock Seat May 15, 2012 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by St Vincent (Post 18581305)
I'm starting to wonder why i bought this to the attention of the FT community in the first place. Perhaps I should just have let those who are not anti-Facebook find out about it on their FB pages and the rest could have remained in blissful ignorance until 1st June.

Make sure you wear a hoodie when you say that, I'll go with Berkshire Hathaway's opinion.
Still, if there is a promo, a discrimination outside of Facebook (valuation "asinine") is bad business.

Spock Seat

stimpy May 15, 2012 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by St Vincent (Post 18581305)
I'm starting to wonder why i bought this to the attention of the FT community in the first place.

I'm not sure you did. We all got the direct email from IHG didn't we? I certainly did.

adam1080 May 15, 2012 7:18 pm

Finally created a facebook account just for this promotion. I have around 8 nights before June 1st so it was worth it.
My first stay is tonight(havent checked in yet) and i just registered and was told i would get an email within 48 hours to complete registration. That is bogus. I want my points for this next stay.

jankluever May 16, 2012 12:02 am

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter (Post 18582134)
Has anyone received an e-mail confirmation after registering?

None received - and offer not mentioned in the Offers section in my account.

FlyerTalker688786 May 16, 2012 3:08 am

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 18582418)
I'm not sure you did. We all got the direct email from IHG didn't we? I certainly did.

Yes we did...it takes someone to tell the reality to everyone else who did not otherwise notice.

I am not a facebook hater but I just refuse to do anything with facebook. And from my humble neutral point of view, I think IHG is putting the non-facebook user at a disadvantage position.

stimpy May 16, 2012 3:19 am

Originally Posted by chongcao (Post 18584021)
I am not a facebook hater but I just refuse to do anything with facebook. And from my humble neutral point of view, I think IHG is putting the non-facebook user at a disadvantage position.

I agree. Facebook is not for everyone and companies like IHG need to realize that. At least add Google Plus if you are going to use FB.

Dave Noble May 16, 2012 4:57 am

No more than no FT readers are at a disadvantage on promotion codes that are listed here but not seen

ag51 May 16, 2012 5:51 am

Yes we did...it takes someone to tell the reality to everyone else who did not otherwise notice.

I didn't receive any emails from IHG about this.

I am not a fan of Facebook, but do have a "fake" Facebook account (linked to a webmail account that I only use for that) for promotions such as this which took me all of 5 minutes to create and doesn't tell Facebook anything about me (other than I "like" the AAdvantage and HHonors programs).

Is using Facebook really any different from other promos which are not available to all members (such as the various cashback offers for US members, 2-4-1 rate in Europe or the apparent camera giveaway in the UK)?

You may not be disadvantaged as a regular IHG customer anyway, as this promo only seems to give you an extra two weeks of the June - September 1,000 point per night promo which is capped at 20 nights; I will have more than 20 nights during the main promo period, so wouldn't get any advantage from an early sign up.

Big_Foot May 16, 2012 7:23 am

It's been 48 hours - no email confirmation, no offer in my offers.

DuMaInSin May 16, 2012 7:42 am

Originally Posted by Big_Foot (Post 18584838)

same here :-(

Amyrlin May 16, 2012 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by Big_Foot (Post 18584838)

Snap

stimpy May 16, 2012 11:41 pm

I got a confirmation email 7 hours ago. But it doesn't mention Facebook anywhere.

Dear Stimpy,

This email has been sent to confirm that you have been successfully registered for the promotion outlined below.

Member Stimpy
Priority Club Number XXXXXX
Promotion 1000 Bonus Points Per Night Offer

BONUS: Starting June 1st, enjoy 250 bonus points per stay simply by booking through priorityclub.com or any of our branded Web sites, it's just that easy. Booking on our Web sites guarantees that you get the best prices for our hotels or your first night is free, that is our Best Price Guarantee.

Wan1dap May 17, 2012 12:03 am

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 18590706)
I got a confirmation email 7 hours ago. But it doesn't mention Facebook anywhere.

Dear Stimpy,

This email has been sent to confirm that you have been successfully registered for the promotion outlined below.

Member Stimpy
Priority Club Number XXXXXX
Promotion 1000 Bonus Points Per Night Offer

BONUS: Starting June 1st, enjoy 250 bonus points per stay simply by booking through priorityclub.com or any of our branded Web sites, it's just that easy. Booking on our Web sites guarantees that you get the best prices for our hotels or your first night is free, that is our Best Price Guarantee.

Yes,and it also says that the offer will not show on the "Offer Status" page of the website.