FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1161417-ic-thalasso-bora-bora-master-thread-merged.html)

szg Jul 16, 2008 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by EdV (Post 10043163)
Hope that helps!

Thanks !! ^

Camino1 Jul 16, 2008 10:26 pm

Hey, does anyone know what the health and fitness centre offers?

EdV Jul 17, 2008 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Camino1 (Post 10047361)
Hey, does anyone know what the health and fitness centre offers?

We used it quite a lot there (too hot to run outside) and it's quite nice actually. It's large compared to the other gyms we used at the other ICs in FP. It's got at least 2, maybe 3 treadmills, elliptical / crosstrainer machines and a stairmaster as well. It's also got a universal weight system and some free weights. Plenty of space for stretching, yoga, etc if you wanted.

Oh and the sound system rocks in there! Plus, in a week there we never saw anyone else using it :o so we always had to ourselves. It's right near the entrance to the Spa (which you must try).

Camino1 Jul 17, 2008 8:00 am

Originally Posted by EdV (Post 10048834)
We used it quite a lot there (too hot to run outside) and it's quite nice actually. It's large compared to the other gyms we used at the other ICs in FP. It's got at least 2, maybe 3 treadmills, elliptical / crosstrainer machines and a stairmaster as well. It's also got a universal weight system and some free weights. Plenty of space for stretching, yoga, etc if you wanted.

Oh and the sound system rocks in there! Plus, in a week there we never saw anyone else using it :o so we always had to ourselves. It's right near the entrance to the Spa (which you must try).

Thank you. Last thing I need is to go on holiday and come back fat.

holtju2 Jul 17, 2008 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Camino1 (Post 10048943)
Thank you. Last thing I need is to go on holiday and come back fat.

How many months are you planning on staying there? :D :D

EdV Jul 17, 2008 8:41 am

Originally Posted by holtju2 (Post 10049099)
How many months are you planning on staying there? :D :D

You laugh but in 2 weeks my wife and I both put on a good amount of pounds. :o I think it was 6 or 7 for me.

Big_Foot Jul 17, 2008 9:37 am

On tripadvisor somebody reported that they asked him for 15,000XPF
extra for "Diamond with Otemanu view" bungalow...
Not sure how they can do it, as there is still not such a category to book
on the website.

Camino1 Jul 17, 2008 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by EdV (Post 10049148)
You laugh but in 2 weeks my wife and I both put on a good amount of pounds. :o I think it was 6 or 7 for me.

Thanks for the warning!

holtju2 and I have met, and he knows that I am on the trim side, but I surely would not want to jeopardize it.

adventurous Jul 18, 2008 4:13 pm

Any RA's stay recently on points? Did you get free minibar?

Sydfly Jul 19, 2008 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by adventurous (Post 10057069)
Any RA's stay recently on points? Did you get free minibar?

No free minibar at this property if you stay on points. Actually, the hotel will make quite clear that if you stay on points you deserve no privileges at all. They "kindly" informed me prior to my stay that all RA upgrades will apply with the exception of early check-in, late check-out, room upgrade and ree minibar. So, I guess you might be able to get your free movie and maybe a welcome bottle of water.

My advise would be to avoid the hotel until their management team has changed and they do start to care about their members.

By the way, I had a combined points/paid stay there and I am still fighting over charges worth $300 with the hotel for my stay back in April. They took all the charges off my bill for the two paid nights and charged me for the minibar for the remaining nights which was OK as I knew this in advance. However, when I got back home they had charged my cc again (presumable for the minibar) for the paid nights. I've emailed the hotel 3 times to ask for an explanation of those charges and never got a response. Then Ambassador service emailed the hotel twice asking for a sign of life....nothing happened. I've now disputed the charge with AMEX and they managed to get a reply from the hotel in which they said charges were for minibar. I had to send all supporting documents to AMEX with all the RA privileges and they then finally decided to credit the amount back to me. I still have to wait now whether the hotel will try again to charge us and keep on eye on my statement. It's so frustrating to deal with this property that even though we love French Polynesia (have been there 6 times and twice to Bora Bora) we will not go back to this property in the future.

adventurous Jul 19, 2008 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by Sydfly (Post 10061724)
No free minibar at this property if you stay on points. Actually, the hotel will make quite clear that if you stay on points you deserve no privileges at all. They "kindly" informed me prior to my stay that all RA upgrades will apply with the exception of early check-in, late check-out, room upgrade and ree minibar.

I have long known that on award stays at IC hotels I should not expect RA privileges, but where is this written/documented?

Dave Noble Jul 20, 2008 12:03 am

Originally Posted by adventurous (Post 10061770)
I have long known that on award stays at IC hotels I should not expect RA privileges, but where is this written/documented?

Quite clearly in the Terms and Conditions of membership

If you look at http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/.../0/en/ptc.html , you can see that clause 9 under INTERCONTINENTAL AMBASSADOR STATUS states

Originally Posted by T&Cs
When staying on Reward Nights, all Ambassador and Royal Ambassador privileges apply with the exception of upgrades, free Pay TV film per stay, 24 hour guaranteed room availability, 8:00am early check-in and complimentary mini bar beverages.

Dave

Dave Noble Jul 20, 2008 12:05 am

Originally Posted by Sydfly (Post 10061724)
No free minibar at this property if you stay on points. Actually, the hotel will make quite clear that if you stay on points you deserve no privileges at all. They "kindly" informed me prior to my stay that all RA upgrades will apply with the exception of early check-in, late check-out, room upgrade and ree minibar. So, I guess you might be able to get your free movie and maybe a welcome bottle of water.

My advise would be to avoid the hotel until their management team has changed and they do start to care about their members.

How is providing benefits in accordance with the T&Cs , not caring about members?

Dave

adventurous Jul 20, 2008 12:16 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 10062310)
How is providing benefits in accordance with the T&Cs , not caring about members?

Dave

I agree that we need not b1tch about it as though we were unjustly treated, but I think they need to look at their policy.

If one is used to traveling at a heightened level of convenience it is ridiculous to expect him to lower his standards at the same hotels because of such a policy. The incentive for loyalty causes us to look upward, not down.

I have stayed in some brands where the service was actually raised for reward stays.

Big_Foot Jul 20, 2008 1:13 am

Well, I can only speak for myself, but somehow I feel I'm not alone...
I used to be a huge fan of PC and RA system, I've visited many great hotels
over a few years I've been with them. The latest cr@p with not respecting any
benefits on reward nights in many hotels plus some ridiculous
cases like Thalasso opening 3 cr@ppy bungalows ONLY for reward nights
completely pushed me away. I just burned my last points on 8 nights
at Le Grand and that's it for me.