FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Priorityclub is locking accounts after the QUIZ Game (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1051182-priorityclub-locking-accounts-after-quiz-game.html)

freeflyin Feb 10, 2010 8:14 am

Priorityclub is locking accounts after the QUIZ Game

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger (Post 13361581)
This quiz was around last year, but seems to work even if you got your 100 points then. Points post immediately as "Game piece bonus"

http://gbr-survey.priorityclub.com/fhaidt

(NB - the quiz is 3 simple questions :))

Worked perfectly-thank you

alexanderrr Feb 10, 2010 10:47 am

And you can earn extra points by replacing gbr in the link above with usa/fra/esp/ita/chn/jpn :) Please share if you will find other pages with the same quiz. For some reason fra quiz is in German :) All posted instantly.

Flamewing Feb 10, 2010 11:19 am

Originally Posted by alexanderrr (Post 13364113)
And you can earn extra points by replacing gbr in the link above with usa/fra/esp/ita/chn/jap :) Please share if you will find other pages with the same quiz. For some reason fra quiz is in German :) All posted instantly.

jap does not work... :(

Flamewing Feb 10, 2010 11:25 am

And you can earn extra points by replacing gbr in the link above with usa/fra/esp/ita/chn/jap :) Please share if you will find other pages with the same quiz. For some reason fra quiz is in German :) All posted instantly.

Use jpn instead of jap and it will work! :)
Moreover I found can and gbr. ^

Flying Lawyer Feb 10, 2010 11:30 am

Yes, and it posts several times if you do the quiz several times without changing any "gbr" or "usa"...

htb Feb 10, 2010 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer (Post 13364491)
Yes, and it posts several times if you do the quiz several times without changing any "gbr" or "usa"...

That's no good... this loophole is probably too big to be ignored for long :(

HTB.

Flying Lawyer Feb 10, 2010 11:44 am

Originally Posted by htb (Post 13364566)

HTB.

Sure, and I am waiting for the first one to write a short program for this. Its hard work to do this manually in 100 points steps. ;)

Evan! Feb 10, 2010 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer (Post 13364491)

Portugal/ese: http://por-survey.priorityclub.com/

Nine have posted so far for me. :D

Here's your checklist ;) The answers always are... LAST radio button (of 4) - FIRST radio button (of 2) - LAST radio button (of 3)
  1. http://usa-survey.priorityclub.com/
  2. http://gbr-survey.priorityclub.com/
  3. http://jpn-survey.priorityclub.com/
  4. http://can-survey.priorityclub.com/
  5. http://fra-survey.priorityclub.com/
  6. http://ita-survey.priorityclub.com/
  7. http://esp-survey.priorityclub.com/
  8. http://chn-survey.priorityclub.com/
  9. http://por-survey.priorityclub.com/

soitgoes Feb 10, 2010 11:55 am

Originally Posted by htb (Post 13364566)

Hopefully they will fix it quickly

Twickenham Feb 10, 2010 12:09 pm

Add itl to the list (same as fra, in German)

pmaddock Feb 10, 2010 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by soitgoes (Post 13364692)
Hopefully they will fix it quickly

I would tend to agree. I'm not sure where the line is between fully utilizing the system options and cheating is but this one is feeling more than a little grey. If they see a lot of these going in there is the possibility it might draw unwanted attention to our accounts and open a can of worms.

soitgoes Feb 10, 2010 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by pmaddock (Post 13364793)
I would tend to agree. I'm not sure where the line is between fully utilizing the system options and cheating is but this one is feeling more than a little grey.

Right. There's a difference between being able to access a 100 point promo in ten different languages to get a total of 1,000 points and being able to repeatedly submit the promo and get a theoretically unlimited number of points.

ehud Feb 10, 2010 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by soitgoes (Post 13364859)
Right. There's a difference between being able to access a 100 point promo in ten different languages to get a total of 1,000 points and being able to repeatedly submit the promo and get a theoretically unlimited number of points.

And get PLT status in a couple of hours...;)

Raffles Feb 10, 2010 1:33 pm

..... and it posts every time!

In fact, even if you do the same one over and over again it posts every time ....

Flamewing Feb 10, 2010 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles (Post 13365473)
..... and it posts every time!

In fact, even if you do the same one over and over again it posts every time ....

The question is: should you really do that? Can't it be "dangerous" to do so? I do not want my account to be closed...

Hannibal Lecter Feb 10, 2010 2:16 pm

funny that no one has noticed this before, it has been around a long time.
Imagine if it had been the Hilton Promo, 1 000 points every time :eek:

pmaddock Feb 10, 2010 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by ehud (Post 13365243)
And get PLT status in a couple of hours...;)

I hope nobody tries it. Once detected I would imagine they'll run a scan an scrub out every multiple occurrence of this promo in the system or worse.

qf_1020 Feb 10, 2010 2:54 pm

Is there a possibility that doing it in every language would also be considered abusing the program? Would they be likely to close accounts for this sort of thing?

pmaddock Feb 10, 2010 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Flamewing (Post 13365609)
The question is: should you really do that? Can't it be "dangerous" to do so? I do not want my account to be closed...

No - I would urge you not to exploit this to any significant degree lest it create an inquiry. Would recommend taking further discussion of this issue to the discussion thread or a new thread.

alexanderrr Feb 10, 2010 3:07 pm

There is nothing in T&C of the quiz saying that it can only be completed once.
Why do you think that registering for the promos when you were not targeted and getting thousands extra bonus miles on your stay is ok, but getting a few hunderds from this promo by actually doing something, i.e answering questions they ask, is wrong?
BTW, I think we are missing the Korean version of the quiz, as the quiz is available in all languages of the IHG site, expect the Korean (but with usa and gbr versions)

mommafrica Feb 10, 2010 3:21 pm

I thank u very much WilcoRoger!

Points Surfer Feb 10, 2010 3:27 pm

[[SIZE="1"]QUOTE=Evan!;13364670]Portugal/ese: http://por-survey.priorityclub.com/

Nine have posted so far for me. :D

Here's your checklist ;) The answers always are... LAST radio button (of 4) - *********deleted*******

Terrific....Thanks for the points treat !

docklander Feb 10, 2010 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by alexanderrr (Post 13366172)
There is nothing in T&C of the quiz saying that it can only be completed once.
Why do you think that registering for the promos when you were not targeted and getting thousands extra bonus miles on your stay is ok, but getting a few hunderds from this promo by actually doing something, i.e answering questions they ask, is wrong?
BTW, I think we are missing the Korean version of the quiz, as the quiz is available in all languages of the IHG site, expect the Korean (but with usa and gbr versions)

I think the issue is this particular flaw is open to quick highly obvious limitless abuse.

mnredfox Feb 10, 2010 4:03 pm

All quizzes posted, thanks FT

soitgoes Feb 10, 2010 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by docklander (Post 13366475)
I think the issue is this particular flaw is open to quick highly obvious limitless abuse.

Precisely.

The problem is on IHG's side, but that doesn't make it not a problem.

soitgoes Feb 10, 2010 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by qf_1020 (Post 13366075)
Is there a possibility that doing it in every language would also be considered abusing the program? Would they be likely to close accounts for this sort of thing?

For racking up 1,000 points, not likely a problem.

For creating a script and racking up 100,000 points or more, quite possibly.

frank664 Feb 10, 2010 4:42 pm

There is only 9 websites listed for the quiz. What is the 10th one?

frank664 Feb 10, 2010 4:49 pm

Hopefully the fix that issue with the quizes giving more than 1000 points. I can't see them letting it slide because someone could get millions of points if he was bored.

I wonder what would happen if you got all of the quiz points and then booked a bunch of IC reservations for the year.

SharonLPK Feb 10, 2010 5:52 pm

I wonder if the bold phrase "This exclusive offer is valid for original recipient only" might be used in the case of abusers...

Hannibal Lecter Feb 11, 2010 1:35 am

Originally Posted by frank664 (Post 13366897)
There is only 9 websites listed for the quiz. What is the 10th one?

what difference does it make? use any of them and do it over and over.

But if PC had software which could check which promos you have received
points for, how come many of us have gotten more points for the multipartner offer than we should? Not counting Goodwill adjustments but it shouldn't be too complicated to check how many points had posted as 2009 MULTIPARTNER OFFER alreadt before handing out more.

BingBongBoy Feb 11, 2010 5:48 am

I feel dirty... but in a good way.. ;) :D

BA1A Feb 11, 2010 5:50 am

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy (Post 13369578)
I feel dirty... but in a good way.. ;) :D

You may feel a lot worse if they decide to audit your account and close it down :eek: ;)

BingBongBoy Feb 11, 2010 6:11 am

Originally Posted by BA1A (Post 13369582)
You may feel a lot worse if they decide to audit your account and close it down :eek: ;)

Oh, I did not go OTT with this, just a couple of each... :cool:

Points Surfer Feb 11, 2010 7:33 am

On the 100pt survey concerns....Considering a PCR account holder "might" get 1-2 targeted promotions per quarter.....to any IHG lurker or PCR auditor we are all convicted a long time ago. Just look at the long list of promo's current and expired sitting in your Offer Status history that you were never targeted for and try to keep a straight face....but IHG is buying our loyalty so yes someday you might have a problem but so will IHG if you stopped using IHG if your account was closed or tampered with. My use of IHG for the last 10+ years is "because" of the PCR program so w/o it ...its just another hotel to drive past.

brandinius Feb 11, 2010 11:20 am

Originally Posted by BA1A (Post 13369582)

Anyone have knowledge of a real case like this, where an account was shut down?

Just curious.

My company paid for 50 some nights last year with mostly HIXs at my request, and if the Priority Club folks futzed with my account over a few thousand points here or there, I'd be PO'd enough to just change to another program...lost revenue is not something I think they want right now.

In fact, with the aggressive stance they've taken in going after the Hhonors refugees, they are seeking MORE revenue.

Raffles Feb 11, 2010 11:23 am

I have had 1 PC account definitely closed down (but I managed to get the points back) and there is a 2nd account that seems to have been closed but I haven't called them yet (minimal balance). In both case they seem to have picked up on duplicate accounts despite different addresses.

soitgoes Feb 11, 2010 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by brandinius (Post 13371642)
My company paid for 50 some nights last year with mostly HIXs at my request, and if the Priority Club folks futzed with my account over a few thousand points here or there, I'd be PO'd enough to just change to another program...lost revenue is not something I think they want right now.

PCR isn't likely to get worked up over earning 1,000 points or so from this promo. I think the worst they would do is remove the duplicate postings. If someone created a script to rack up mega points, that could result in a different response (if noticed I'm pretty sure that it minimally would result in an account adjustment; I can't imagine PCR letting people keep 50K, 100K, 500K, or 1MM points from this 100 point quiz). For all I know, though, there is a cap on the number of times the promo will post, even though it likely should be 1, which it clearly isn't.

As Raffles notes, PCR does close duplicate accounts. Even then, though, they haven't been aggressive with adverse action. I do think duplicate accounts cross the line, and I stick to one account per person.

Hannibal Lecter Feb 11, 2010 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy (Post 13369661)
Oh, I did not go OTT with this, just a couple of each... :cool:

you're not aiming to become the first PC points billionaire :)

blacknight Feb 11, 2010 2:43 pm

Just curious.

I used the various links yesterday and posted about 1500 points and then decided to stop. I was logged into my account today and they all showed up on my statement and point were all credited.

I then tried to log on to my account just now and it no longer exists. I have tried various PC's and both my number and email address to log in and it says neither is recongised by the system.

I have been platinum for 4 years with approx 20 nights per year, my account had 230,000 point lying in it any ideas?

Points Surfer Feb 11, 2010 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by blacknight (Post 13372975)

Just curious.

I used the various links yesterday and posted about 1500 points and then decided to stop. I was logged into my account today and they all showed up on my statement and point were all credited.

I then tried to log on to my account just now and it no longer exists. I have tried various PC's and both my number and email address to log in and it says neither is recongised by the system.

I have been platinum for 4 years with approx 20 nights per year, my account had 230,000 point lying in it any ideas?

Well I know of 5 accts who did that run last night and 2 won't recognize acct/password but other 3 no problems with same activity....rest unaffected so probably no issues as that happens occassionally for no reason and then works fine. Just wait a while ...could be system related. Make sure your cookies are set right if you're logging in on some elses computer as you'll get the same response.