FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   The ICHG Club Lounge Thread - Everybody is Welcome! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1026579-ichg-club-lounge-thread-everybody-welcome.html)

ellylex Aug 20, 2013 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr (Post 21307126)
You might get some good value come Monday August 26th ....

I am waiting for that also. But the question where are beach resorts located in China.

nacho Aug 21, 2013 3:40 am

Originally Posted by ellylex (Post 21307278)
I am waiting for that also. But the question where are beach resorts located in China.

IC Sanya on Hainan island. There is a Ren there too.

Lorian Aug 21, 2013 6:41 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr (Post 21208696)
Not too hopeful of UK PB's inside the M25 boundary appearing. Racking my brains and can't remember any.

Seem to remember staying at Camden Lock at 5K a few years ago

big_mac Aug 21, 2013 9:58 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr (Post 21209289)
Whoops forgot Brent Cross but it is not convenient location for most guests, was period December2011 + January2012 window.

No, it's not much of a tourist destination - probably ok if you are driving but a bit of a nuisance otherwise.

There was also Wimbledon South, which was at least near to the underground, but that dropped off pretty quickly - before I got round to booking it anyway!

drspear Aug 21, 2013 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by big_mac (Post 21310772)
No, it's not much of a tourist destination - probably ok if you are driving but a bit of a nuisance otherwise.

There was also Wimbledon South, which was at least near to the underground, but that dropped off pretty quickly - before I got round to booking it anyway!

worth mentioning Wembley is 10k if you found brent cross a good one

second best if no pb on offer in the area :confused:

bschaff1 Aug 21, 2013 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr (Post 21307126)
You might get some good value come Monday August 26th .... as next 2months window of 5k/night PB hotels will get released about then, usually for a 2month booking window, so likely to be for the period Sep1st - Oct 31st.

I'm getting desperate waiting for this one. I land in NRT on 9/1 and need to figure out where I'm flying to.

amc1 Aug 26, 2013 7:36 am

New list is out!

pattermj Aug 26, 2013 8:32 am

It is not updated on the main PB main for ICHG, where are you seeing this updated list?

I am wrong, looks like the dates have definitely been updated, not sure if all of the states though. Still hoping for more for CO but looks like I might be SOL

Ancien Maestro Aug 27, 2013 3:42 am

Originally Posted by pattermj (Post 21337178)
It is not updated on the main PB main for ICHG, where are you seeing this updated list?

I am wrong, looks like the dates have definitely been updated, not sure if all of the states though. Still hoping for more for CO but looks like I might be SOL

IME slim pickings and not much coverage for Point Breaks destinations. Still up in the air how Priority Club decides what hotels is involved in the latest list.

I was lucky enough to cash in at San Antonio a few years back, with just over 20K points.. liquidated for 4 nights.. but it was just plain lucky, and I booked a suite at an HIX with flights already booked for Spring Break layover going to Hawaii.

Froggitt Sep 24, 2013 10:47 am

And without flaming, when are the next dates *likely* to be announced?

view-with-a-room Jan 1, 2014 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by drspear (Post 21311987)
worth mentioning Wembley is 10k if you found brent cross a good one

second best if no pb on offer in the area :confused:

10K due to facelift? Noted facelift issues on TripAdvisor. Exploring options for a 22 hour layover and concluded the Tube ride to Wembley is an excellent option as the hotels near the airport or near ideal locations are 3X-5X the price. Oyster Card with balance from the last visit.

beachmouse Jan 14, 2017 4:43 pm

I realize it's probably just a placeholder no one ever updated properly, but I'm both amused and a bit cranky that the Holiday Inn Wrexham is currently described as 'Rooms Not Available Until Apr 15, 2025'. Especially since I'm actively looking for a place to stay not too far from Snowdonia.

Bit much with the construction lead time there?

BrightlyBob Jan 15, 2017 2:37 am

It is just a placeholder. That hotel is currently a Ramada and I've stayed there a few times as it's next to my venue when work takes me to Wrexham. I seem to remember reading something somewhere about an Autumnal reflag...

As for Wrexham being close to Snowdonia, well it might geographically be the closest IHG when it opens but due to winding roads it's a 90 minute drive to Snowdonia, as is the currently open Holiday Inn Chester West.

The towns of Harlech, Bangor and Caernarfon are much closer, although no brands are there, a search on Trivago should give you a good idea of what's on offer.

turner32 Feb 1, 2019 4:23 am

What a big, horrible, convoluted mess they've made of the program. I'm glad I've been downgraded. No more pressure to hit a moving target, and I can try out new properties, and chains.
So much tinkering, and cowing to their properties, many of which would be nothing without their IC badge. It's like they sent Theresa May to do their negotiating for them.
As Land of Miles says, how can they possibly "Guarantee" a benefit, then renege on it with just pennies as compensation. Then to make things worse, they introduce exclusions on upgrades and lounge access around NYE and religious holidays. How low can they go?

Tim O'Brien Feb 1, 2019 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by turner32 (Post 30726780)
What a big, horrible, convoluted mess they've made of the program. I'm glad I've been downgraded. No more pressure to hit a moving target, and I can try out new properties, and chains.
So much tinkering, and cowing to their properties, many of which would be nothing without their IC badge. It's like they sent Theresa May to do their negotiating for them.
As Land of Miles says, how can they possibly "Guarantee" a benefit, then renege on it with just pennies as compensation. Then to make things worse, they introduce exclusions on upgrades and lounge access around NYE and religious holidays. How low can they go?

cld have been Angela Merkel negotiating immigration policy:-)