FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   The ICHG Club Lounge Thread - Everybody is Welcome! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1026579-ichg-club-lounge-thread-everybody-welcome.html)

Shimon Oct 10, 2012 5:24 pm

You are not allowed to sell award reservations. May be best that this doesn't become a common practice as they may start accusing people of selling and it could lead to negative outcomes for everyone.

Exleftseat Oct 10, 2012 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by travelkid (Post 19469402)
Visa on arrival for many countries.

U.S. and Japan? Don't think so.

dannystl Oct 10, 2012 9:15 pm

so, when people make all these reservation w/ 5% chance of actually using the room, and then they eventually cancel them, it doesn't come back onto the PB availability?
People, should really only book rooms that they are more than 50% likely to use... otherwise they are hurting everyone who can really use the rooms...

azepine00 Oct 10, 2012 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by dannystl (Post 19474786)
so, when people make all these reservation w/ 5% chance of actually using the room, and then they eventually cancel them, it doesn't come back onto the PB availability?
People, should really only book rooms that they are more than 50% likely to use... otherwise they are hurting everyone who can really use the rooms...

we had this discussion before.. PC and hotels don't care - if anything they only benefit from having to pay for a fraction of PB reservations that end up being used..
It would be very easy for them to make pb nonrefundable and greatly reduce hoarding but alas it is here to stay

mister__big Oct 10, 2012 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by frank_10b (Post 19473541)
I dont think that the offer of giving away PB is gonna involve VN citizens, if someone one here wants to share their PB cancellations I think that should be encouraged. Coming up with outlandish possibilities is not really helpful, IMO

What the heck are you talking about? I wasn't "coming up with outlandish possibilities", I was simply making a general observation about Vietnamese laws about hotels. I was in no way talking about the giving away of PBs. Did you even see the post I was quoting? :rolleyes:

travelkid Oct 11, 2012 2:10 am

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT (Post 19474756)
U.S. and Japan? Don't think so.

I am visa excempt:D

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g2...rival.Voa.html

VOA in most cases means pre arranged with an invitation from agency. Pretty easy.

lsed Oct 11, 2012 2:22 am

A friend of mine wasn't allowed to board the plane from SIN - SGN because he didnt have a Visa. He is holding an Austrian passport. Is there no VOA for them ?

holtju2 Oct 11, 2012 4:59 am

Originally Posted by lsed (Post 19475702)
A friend of mine wasn't allowed to board the plane from SIN - SGN because he didnt have a Visa. He is holding an Austrian passport. Is there no VOA for them ?

Check Timatic.

mister__big Oct 11, 2012 6:17 am

Originally Posted by lsed (Post 19475702)

Unlike most other countries, Vietnam requires you to have the VOA paperwork done BEFORE arrival. You must have the paperwork showing that your VOA has been pre-approved by the Vietnamese authorities. That's the reason your friend wasn't allowed to board the plane.

lilpooh108 Oct 11, 2012 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Snoopyo (Post 19475729)
i was tempted to book Indigo Del Mar on PB 5K for Sun Oct 21 after visiting friends in LB but was email her yesterday. There was availability when I checked very early am Wed but it went back to 25K when I tried to book later in the day

That's interesting, thanks.

friendlyplanet Oct 14, 2012 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00 (Post 19474994)
we had this discussion before.. PC and hotels don't care - if anything they only benefit from having to pay for a fraction of PB reservations that end up being used..
It would be very easy for them to make pb nonrefundable and greatly reduce hoarding but alas it is here to stay

But don't you think this cancellation rate is also factored into any analysis of the costs of the Point Break program? Since PC reimburses hotels at the rewards level, they would be much more likely to kill the program if they had 100% redemption. Or offer fewer rooms, and you would be right back where you started.

Plus elites (and aren't we all platinum) would be screaming for an exemption, and customer satisfaction would go down, etc.

soitgoes Oct 14, 2012 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by friendlyplanet (Post 19495920)
But don't you think this cancellation rate is also factored into any analysis of the costs of the Point Break program? Since PC reimburses hotels at the rewards level, they would be much more likely to kill the program if they had 100% redemption. Or offer fewer rooms, and you would be right back where you started.

That's what I think, too.

PCR must have historical information on the number of redemptions at PB rates. They choose when to cut off a given property and return them to full point levels.

travel66 Oct 17, 2012 8:33 am

pointsbreak list

Hi folks,

what about the pointsbreak list??
Not any actual link posted here is working for me anymore!
Has it gone forever?

Cheers

dawgs Oct 31, 2012 9:44 am

Place your bets now on when the next PB list will

come out.

I say: Nov 30.

GmK Nov 4, 2012 8:29 am

Quick question, maybe silly, but did not find any clear ruling on this:

A friend has booked a room for two at an IC under his name, he has no status. As his original second person for the room cannot come, I will join him for the stay. I myself am a PC Platinum.

Are we eligible for Platinum benefits for the stay (late check-out, upgrade on availability, etc), if I show my Platinum card at check-in? Or *must* the reservation be changed to my name for that?

Different Loyalty programs have different rulings on this case, so was interested how IHG handles it. Thank you!